PDA

View Full Version : Bump roof mouth.

Worriedgirl87
01-03-12, 18:41
Hi everyone. I have had a bump/lump on my right side of the roof of my mouth. I have had this bump for about 2 years.
When I first noticed this bump, I went to a dentist and to a oral surgeon and they both said it was nothing to worry about, and one of the dentist said it was just a Torus Palatinus. (A bone growing)
This morning I felt my bump and it seems like it grew a little bit more.
I am worried because I am scared it could be oral cancer and they missed it.
I don't know what to do, I don't have insurance, and I am in thousands of dollars of debt.
I don't know what to do, I am just worried and scared. I went on google, and now I am even more scared. I am the type of person that always feels like there is something wrong with me, and I am the type of person that always feels like something bad will happen to my health.
I stopped worrying about this bump when I talked to the oral surgeon last year, but now that I feel like it grew a tad bit I am scared as ever. I am just worried, I am sick of always worrying about my health, and I am lazy to go to the doctor all the time, and spending money.
But I am also afraid to go, because I don't want them to say "Why didn't you come sooner, this is dangerous ect"
I just don't know what to say, or do. I kinda just want to know if anyone else has had a growth on the roof of their mouth?
I smoked cigarettes for 4 or 5 years off and on.

swgrl09
01-03-12, 18:44
Could you call the surgeon you saw previously and just ask if it is normal for it to grow a bit?

Worriedgirl87
01-03-12, 19:20
No I can't call them back, because I never paid them :(