PDA

View Full Version : Phone anxiety

theharvestmouse
01-03-12, 21:02
I know someone else posted about this recently but I really also have this problem with phones.

I just hate having to make certain phone calls, it makes me so on edge and anxious. I just had to make a phone call to someone I don't know and it made so anxious it was ridiculous.

I'd much rather speak to someone face to face because I just find it easier. I don't spend so long thinking about what might go wrong and sit there looking at the phone just putting it off.

Is this a common anxiety problem?

What's odd is certain phone calls, like phoning my bank or my mobile phone provider I actually don't mind. But more personal calls just completely freak me out.

PanchoGoz
01-03-12, 21:12
How interesting! I am really bad at talking face to face but I'm confident as anything on the phone! My mum doesn't like phoning people though, if HSBC calls, she just hangs up.
I think a lot of other people have this, I've had to call people for my friends before, its not nice talking to a disembodied voice whoever it is, I get that inkling feeling it might not really be them. I don't think that, but I feel it. Can't explain.

kittikat
01-03-12, 21:19
I'm terrible with the phone, hate when it rings, very rarely answer and hate making calls too!! My mailbox is often full and I dont even want to listen to the messages. I'm fine face to face, text or email.

Recsense
01-03-12, 21:46
Bizarre, I'm with panchogoz here, I'm fine with the phone, face to face I'm fighting fear.