PDA

View Full Version : Only me

Recsense
01-03-12, 21:19
Hi, I'm Karl and I have had anxiety for four years. I'm 33, gay, run my own business, in a happy civil partnership with my husband of ten years, I have two dogs two cats and that's about it.

diane07
01-03-12, 21:20
Hi Recsense

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
01-03-12, 21:48
Hi Karl and a warm :welcome:

Pip x

Recsense
02-03-12, 08:57
Cheers guys,

What a great website you have, nice to see such a strong support network where people with similar issues can get and give advice and encouragement to others

Thanks again for such a warm welcome.

Karl

LAURA48
02-03-12, 09:08
Hi Karl

Welcome - nice to have you on board! I only recently joined but it has been so helpful to me - whilst having a bit of a relapse - Laura:welcome:

Recsense
02-03-12, 09:43
That's the same as me, I was on meds for 3 years, cut down the srri's and two weeks ago decided no more diazepan but lasted a week no issue and the past week has been hell, it started with a few wobbles I coped well with, then a few I struggled with, then a day of being anxious half the day and for the first time having attacks when others were driving then three days of constant attacks. I recently moved house so my doc told me to move to a closer surgery, I said I would once I had quit the meds, well when I quit I didn't feel the need to register so am still with her and seeing her tomorrow, although she did give me an emergency supply for 1 week and didn't make me go into the surgery, my cleaner kindly picked it up as the journey was too long for me to make by car. I am feeling a lot calmer now, just about to go into work for the first full day this week, lucky I work for myself. I wish you all the best Laura, this pig of a condition is going to be kicked to the curb by us both, I'm sure of it. It's just a few stupid ideas in my head I need to learn to either stop listening to or stop having. Sounds easy so I'm telling myself it's going to be, second time lucky, I want to get back off the meds in six months.

Cheers again Laura, best of luck, I'm with you all the way, we can do this.

paula lynne
02-03-12, 10:59
Hi Karl, welcome along, great to have you with us! :welcome:
You sound like a nice bloke, in a happy family situation. What do you think happened 4 years ago to start the anxiety off?

Paula x

Diszle
02-03-12, 12:26
Hi! I'm new too! :D

ShazyA
02-03-12, 13:36
Hi Karl I am also new here, and the support has beeen fantastic, even just to read about people in the same situation is a comfort. hope to catch up with you around the site.

Recsense
02-03-12, 15:10
Hi Karl, welcome along, great to have you with us! :welcome:
You sound like a nice bloke, in a happy family situation. What do you think happened 4 years ago to start the anxiety off?

Paula x

Stress I think, I was at my partners parents and drove home to let the dogs out, and had a major panic attack at the wheel, this was the fist one, Christmas day 2007.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Thank fr the warm welcome everyone, looking forward to chatting more once I'm allowed in he chat room.

little wren
02-03-12, 16:17
Hi Karl, Welcome! Gosh I can empathise with panic attacks coming out of the blue...my first was on the motorway going to High Wycombe and I have no idea what started it! I am now on ssri's too. I am also a newbie and the people on this site seem really supportive x :welcome:

Recsense
02-03-12, 17:03
Cheers, yes I had no idea what was going on, at first I thought heart attack but a few visits to a&e and ecg's said my heart was fine. Bloody GAD, lol, s glad I found this website though, I don't feel like a freak, there are thousands of people on here.

Carys
02-03-12, 17:20
Hey Karl, a big :welcome:from me too.

kashameets
02-03-12, 21:16
Hi ya :welcome: What dogs have you got Karl? :)

Recsense
02-03-12, 21:22
I have two Chinese crested hairless, one male and one female. There my babies :D

kashameets
02-03-12, 21:26
I have two Chinese crested hairless, one male and one female. There my babies :D
Awwwww i have 2 yorkies and a shih tzu and they are my furrie babies :D

cheryl foster
02-03-12, 21:52
:hugs:

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

:welcome:

Recsense
03-03-12, 23:46
ty cheryl.

nicoladalby
05-03-12, 00:13
hi chick. im new to. i also suffer with panic attacs im 28 and have had them sice i was 15... its a horrible thing xx

carefree68
05-03-12, 00:41
Welcome Karl:hugs: