PDA

View Full Version : HA diagnosis

pearl79
01-03-12, 22:26
So today I have my first assessment with therapist and after 5 years of this awfulness I've been diagnosed with severe Ha and depression.... great!! :-/

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

but I think I already knew that!!! what a waste of time!!

nomorepanic
01-03-12, 22:27
So what is the treatment plan?

pearl79
01-03-12, 22:32
the lady I saw said not to have counseling or therapy cuz she said they find talkin about myself or problems would make me more anxious!! she said she does cbt but I was too a severe case for her so I will have to wait a few months to see someone else. but still for cbt.. but while I'm waiting I'm to arrange regular apps with my gp to 'off load' any health worries!!

xfilme
01-03-12, 22:42
Wow, i wish id been offered appts with my docs to offload. i used to get told off by mine for talking about too many problems so i was restrcted to only being allowed to talk about 3 maximum per visit. I have really bad HA. Nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Ive come a long way in four years in terms of developing helpful coping mechanisms, but all the same, HA is with me 24 hours a day, without fail. I have had CBT and it is very effective if you dedicate the time to learning and implementing it. If you ever need someone online to offload to, feel free to PM me as ive done a full circuit of my body about ten times over, and have been through fears about most things it seems. Its very time consuming. Im here if you need me x

macc noodle
01-03-12, 22:44
Well I have news for the lady - CBT involves confronting your fears and talking about your anxieities and worries is a very necessary part of therapy and definitely required in order to create a plan of action on which to base the CBT therapy - what a load of poppycock!

Pearl - do not be disheartened by your "diagnosis" - go back to your GP and tell them what she said and ask them how on earth is any therapist going to help you without making you face your fear????

No one said it was easy BUT it is "do"able with hard work and commitment - you can get more good days than bad.

:hugs::hugs:

Sazziesaz
01-03-12, 22:53
Totally agree with Macc Noodle! Only way to cure it is to confront it! Too severe case for her!!! She should be sacked, what did she only do half her training or something!! Anyway really hope you get your CBT soon!