PDA

View Full Version : Subconcious anxiety?

PaladinX
24-06-06, 19:25
Is it possible to have anxiety, even when you are not severely nervous or go into an obvious panic attack. can symptoms be sneaky and linger around even when you are not overally nervous. In other words can slight thoughts trigger subtle anxiety symptoms., such as feeling tired, or fatigued or a little dizzy or a little anxious.. But more at a subconcious level then a dead out panic?

chedda
24-06-06, 19:30
Hia
yep it can,i havnt had a full blown panic for a while but i get symptoms ranging from really tired to dizzy to headache and not quite with it....lol you name them i get them.Not quite sure which is worse to be honest a full blown panic attack (at least then its over for a while) or these where it seems to be on and off all the time.I read somewhere else on here about just having the smptoms like this without the full attack.
Take care cheryl xx

Jenny
24-06-06, 20:18
Hi
Its funny you should post about these feelings. Only the other night I was going out for a meal, not 2 miles from home, and I began to have horrible sensations. When I got there I couldn't eat my meal, I just picked at it. I thought hang on a minute this isn't right I have been before so why all of a sudden do I feel like this. My husband offered to come back home but I said NO they will pass. It was very weird. That night I slept like a log and next day still felt tired and lifeless all day.

Jenny xxxxx

PaladinX
25-06-06, 00:15
wow both of what you said struck a chord with me.. I agree.. I dont know which is worse.. sometimes when you have a bad panic and u realize you didnt die from it or have a heart attack.. u end up feeling better.. The terrible low sometimes then produces a high.. sometimes not.. But the ones that are constant and lingering, and subtle, have you thinking u have a medical condition even more then a panic attack.. Cause lets face it.. if it were really a brain tumor, or heart attack, you wouldnt be ok after.. I think you would know it.

About eating.. I notice my anxiety symptoms come on too right before eating or going out to a restaurant.. I honestly believe there are triggers when you go out in public.. alot of people.. flourescent lighting.. malls etc..

Some stores I go in. i cant even walk straight.. something about the lighting and colors .. cant explain it lol.

Thanks for your responses.. this is a great forum

giddy
25-06-06, 08:56
Hi
I think like you that the symptoms can be 'sneaky and linger around'. Much of the time now I feel OK, however there are still times when the dizziness returns or I have palpatations, its almost as though the anxiety is reminding me its still there even though I am dealing with it better now - definatly sneaky!!
Love Helen

whatisitnow
25-06-06, 09:09
I totally think there is such a thing. Unfortunately its very rare that us people with anxiety are ever free from it, it simply lies dormant. We are very vulnerable. Like someone that does their back in is always more vulnerable to it happening again. Someone that stops smoking, its always there that you could fall off the wagon. Unfortunately its the same for most things in life.
Im ok at the moment, but ive been fooled many times when i 'feel' fine, only to have it seem to pounce on me out of nowhere! But its not really out of nowhere, its there all the time, just lying dormant for a while. The smallest things can trigger it off, without you even realising it.
Caz xxxxxxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

nomorepanic
25-06-06, 15:03
I tend to have more anxiety than panic now and it does linger in the background at times. Mine is definitely worse if I don't eat regularly, am tired, hungover etc.

Nicola

darkangel
25-06-06, 16:21
i would also agree with nicola

mines always hovers in the background

worse if im tired or hungry

thoughts definelty trigger mine - even on a day when i am totally chilled - there is always a niggly little doubt hovering about - as though i am just waiting on anxiety to come

i suppose its learning to live with it

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

PaladinX
25-06-06, 19:37
yeah it really stinks. Since this is a matter of the mind, then it might be able to be conquered by the mind too. That is if you are 100 percent positive you have anxiety. With me however, when i feel bad, I never can believe its 100 percent anxiety. I think when I can believe that i will be healed.

But i get so bad sometimes, i even wake up feeling bad.. totally fatigued or a clogged head feeling/dizziness. All i want to do is lay on the couch and not move.. I notice my head shakes alot too. an up and down motion. If i realize im doing it i can stop it.. Its not out of my control.. ah im just a mess.

Kez
26-06-06, 16:19
I often feel like that too - so grotty when I wake up. I've put it down to the underlying anxiety making me tense - shoulders neck etc. I know I also clench my teeth at night which can give me headaches and muscle twitches and make me dizzy.

I totally have underlying anxiety, and if I do have a moment of clarity when my mind isn't subconsciously churning I really notice it - I just feel totally calm and happy. That's what I strive for now, I haven't had a panic attack for a long time :) so I'm really hoping that I can kick this underlying anxiety out of my mind!!

Hugs

Take time to smell the roses.

hayles
26-06-06, 16:51
I definantly suffer more from anxiety then i do full blown panics.

It just wafts in and out of my life, just to keep me on my toes!

Hay x

whatisitnow
26-06-06, 18:11
Ive never in my life suffered a panic attack, but anxiety yes.

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

panicdiva
26-06-06, 22:24
I agree with everyone totally. Anxiety can linger in the background. There have been loads of times that I feel like I am fine, not had a panic attack for awhile, not been in a situation where my anxiety might be high. But, nevertheless, I feel familiar symptoms. Sometimes I feel on edge, it's almost like my mind thinks, wait a minute, it's been awhile since I have had reason to worry, so I am worried that I am not worried. That's what it feels like sometimes. Also, when my anxiety is quite bad I get alot of pain in my gums, teeth & sinus's. Yet, there have been lots of times when I think I am ok but wake up with the pain. I agree with Helen, it's like it is reminding you that it is still there. This is why I believe that yes, we can learn to control panic & anxiety, which is a great thing, but I don't think that anxiety ever really leaves us.

pips
28-06-06, 11:51
Hi There,

I find that anxiety tends to linger it the background to. Then I think what if it turns into a panic attack. Thats when I have to question my irrational thinking before it gets out of hand. What I must look like telling myself of though! LOL

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X