PDA

View Full Version : Desperately worried about cervical cancer

pink
02-03-12, 21:30
Hey everyone,I've had a really bad few months and my health anxiety is awful. Last September I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks. I've also been diagnosed with an extensive dvt blood clot, which I'm taking warfarin for and am still suffering from.
Since last July when I was lucky enough to get pregnant I've had a weird feeling of pressure just below my belly button to the right and lower down across the knicker line which comes and goes. Since the miscarriage my husband and I have only attempted to be intimate twice and both times we've barely done anything and it's been sore for days afterrds down below inside with a tiny bit of blood afterwards too. Also I've been slightly spotting between periods which had regulated after I lost my baby but now I've not had a period since January. I'm so sorry for going on, it's just I feel sick with worry that it's cervical cancer. I can't stop thinking about it. I've had an internal ultrasound last November after my miscarriage which I had a bad time with and all it showed was tiny fibroids. Also my last smear which was exactly 2 years ago was normal. It's just my mum had it and I'm scared the pregnancy triggered the cancer to grow quicker and it's spread throughout my tummy :weep:. Please please please can someone offer any advice? I've got a GP appointment but not till a week on Monday, just feel so desperately unhappy, please help...
Thank you

xfilme
02-03-12, 21:51
Its very very unlikely. even if you did have cell changes on your smear two years ago, which you didnt, it generally takes 10+ years without treatment to become cancerous and even then, not alll cervical cell changes turn into cancer. cervical cancer is 99% preventable. I had abnormal smears for two years. it went with no treatment. i wouldnt worry x

pink
03-03-12, 10:37
Thankyou so much for your reply, so so scared because 10 years ago I started bleeding between periods,I ended up having a colposcopy and an area showed white,I was refered to another consultant and he never did anything,all I remember is him saying the white patch had disappeared and was ok,and I was diagnosed with cervical erosion. Just can't get it out my head he was wrong and now the cancers spread :((. Or would I have been really ill by now? Please please can someone offer any advice? Can't stop crying :(
Thankyou