PDA

View Full Version : Pupil 2 different sized

Worriedgirl87
03-03-12, 05:59
The past 4 days my right pupil has been bigger then my left one.

Like sometimes they are both the same
Size then sometimes I look in the mirror and the right one is bigger then the left one, I am
Really scared.

It's 12 in the morning here and I am scared to sleep.
I don't wanna die :(. I'm so scared.

pearl79
03-03-12, 06:41
Are you on any antidepressants? I got this when I took citalapram xx

Worriedgirl87
03-03-12, 07:46
No I'm
Not. I'm just on Dexedrine a stimulant to help me
Study
Prescribed from my doctor.

I'm
Really scared. I seriously have been tossing and turning all night very worried ,

pearl79
03-03-12, 08:05
well this drug you are on is a strong stimulant, so i can greatly imagine thats your problem... i just googled the side effects... looks like part and parcel of taking this medication x

Worriedgirl87
03-03-12, 08:33
But my concern is why is it only one pupil and not both?
It's scarying me because I've googled and yahoo answers all night and I am
Worried I might have a brain tumor or something. I have no idea
How I'm
Gonna stay up all night worrying I am
So scared this is really scary for me :(

pearl79
03-03-12, 09:07
i dont think u have a tumor, i was told you have certain symptoms for a brain tumor ( ive had HA about it lots) eyes arent one of them. I told you i had the same thing just taking a mild antidepressant, my right pupil was massive i remeber, freaked me out, i went to the doctors and they said it was just a change of chemical in my brain xxx

Worriedgirl87
03-03-12, 09:10
Thank you for your help. I have seriously been up all night crying and worrying :(

pearl79
03-03-12, 09:12
i really wouldnt worry, cuz ive read up on your medication , and its heavy duty stuff... its bound to have an effect on the chemicals in your brain... and stressing wont help you, trust me i know xx i reckon your fine but check with a doc if it will put your mind at rest xxx:)

Pipkin
03-03-12, 09:48
Hi there,

I'm taking venlafaxine and get dilated pupils. I also noticed that it usually affects one more than the other. This also happened when I took it 8 years ago and I haven't come to any harm.

It doesn't worry me but, if you're still concerned, give NHS Direct a ring.

Pip x

sherylee xx
03-03-12, 17:07
i dont mean to scare you hun but you must get that checked out as it can sometimes point to somethin neurolodgical im really sorry i dont want to frighten you but had to mention it xx

Carys
03-03-12, 18:44
I know this may sound ridiculous, but when you look in the mirror that you check your eyes in....is one side of your face in brighter light than the other ? Even a bit of shadow/less light over your face on one side can make a lot of difference to the pupil on one side.

Worriedgirl87
03-03-12, 20:49
i dont mean to scare you hun but you must get that checked out as it can sometimes point to somethin neurolodgical im really sorry i dont want to frighten you but had to mention it xx

Yes one of the bulbs is out so it's not even lighting.

And yeah idk I'm
Scared and worried :(

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

It may just be the lighting in my bathroom

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

I looked at it again and it still looks a little
Bigger on the right side when it's darker.

Im
Freakkkg out :(

Sabre
03-03-12, 22:24
Mine do that as well, my right eye pupil seems slightly bigger then my left eye pupil, i mentioned it to my GP he looked in my eyes and said its properly the way the light is in my bathroom and that when i concentrate on one eye then try to look at the other one it may seem slightly bigger! i honestly dont think its nothing to worry about, but every time i go to the bath room i always check i dont know why i just do lol!
HA makes us do crazy things! try not to worry to much about it.

Pipkin
03-03-12, 22:32
I think there's something in this - my pupils are definitely more dilated on venlafaxine and it could be the light that makes one slightly bigger than the other.

Good thinking

Pip x

Worriedgirl87
03-03-12, 22:35
My hypochondria is on FULL blast today. Ive been up since 5 am reading on the Internet .
Scarying myself.

If I had health insurance I would of went to the doctor a long time ago.

It's just scary to think about you know? Sometimes both of my pupils are small sometimes one is bigger then the other. Sometimes they are both the same.

I def think its from the Dexedrine medication . But will they ever be normal again?

Like I just look at my eyes in the car mirror and they both were small so I don't understand what's going on. ;/

Pipkin
03-03-12, 22:41
W - step away from the search engine! Googling is absolutely guaranteed to make you feel a thousand times worse as it will only show you your worst fears.

Try to stay calm and realise that others have said they have the same symptoms. If medication is causing this, they will go back to normal when you stop - mine did last time.

Take care

Pip :hugs:

BrightPhoenix
03-03-12, 22:59
You can always go to a health clinic - you should have one in town. I notice you're from the US like me - we don't have anything like the NHS at the moment - closest is Medicaid for people with low income. Check out the nearest health clinic or call the doctor that gave you the original medicine and ask them about it.

Dr. Google really does freak out the hypochondriac in all of us.

Alabasterlyn
04-03-12, 08:43
I have one eye where the pupil is always much larger than the other one during daylight, then at night they switch over and it's smaller. The only time they are the same size is when I focus on something close to me and the rest of the time they are different and noticeably so. I was diagnosed with something called Holmes Aides Pupil and it's apparently quite harmless and no one seems to know what causes it, although it seems it can be connected to stress or a virus and only seems to affect women.

Have to say I went through a long period of time when my GP kept telling me that I was 'making' my pupil change size, which was ridiculous as other people had commented on it too. Eventually I paid to go and see a neurologist to get a diagnosis, which was about 20yrs ago and it's never gone away nor has it got any worse.

I'm not saying that you have that, but it might be worth asking your GP to check for it as it would put your mind at rest.

Carys
04-03-12, 11:14
OK, face the window, square on to it, with the light absolutely equal on your face - what do they look like then ?

Worriedgirl87
04-03-12, 16:43
I went out side in the sun, and both of my pupils were small And the same size. Then when i go In a room in my house one is bigger then the other . But when it's bright they are both small .

Ugh I am so scared you guys !!!!! I'm so scared!!! How come when I go in the bathroom my right pupil is bigger then my left one??? This is startin to make me
Sick to my stomach worrying about it and thinking about it. I feel like there is something wrong with me and I'm starting to lose sleep over this. I'm so freskin scared ;((((((((((((

Carys
04-03-12, 18:35
Your pupils are meant to be small when you are in bright light ! So, the fact that when you were in bright light they went small, and the same size, is GOOD. It means your eyes are responding just as they should. Do you know, I'm no medic, but the fact that when you are in your bathroom they both appear to be slightly different in size, would certainly lead me to think that the lighting it subtly different on one side of your face to the other.

Worriedgirl87
05-03-12, 03:50
Hi everyone. I thought I would take the time out of my night to go over my day today. I didn't sleep for 2 nights because I was so worried about my pupils.

I forced myself to go to the Emergency Room.

I still can't believe I went. I hate doctors, I hate hospitals, I hate blood work!

Well I went there, told them my symptoms. The doctor came in, he ordered me blood work. So a nurse came took my blood. ( I was shaking the whole time).

Then I had to pee in a cup, I peed too much on the cup so it was like overflowing .

Then the other nurse came to take pictures of my brain. Like a cat scan or something. I was so nervous. Like I still can't believe I went through with this.

I sat in the room just freaking out, being scared, wondering about what's gonna happen. I almost cried a few times as well. I couldn't imagine being told I have a tumo or something like that.

I was so scared, sitting there looking around waiting for the time
To go by, the doctor finally came and said everything came back fine. He blurted those words right away. Those were the first things he said! He said the blood work came back fine, and so did the brain scan. No tumors! So I am happpppppy!!! I just want to stop with this hypochondria and start living my life.

Thanks to everyone who wrote to me .

Pipkin
05-03-12, 07:21
Hi there,

I'm so pleased for you. Now it's important to make sure you remember what you were told - they did very thorough tests and you're absolutely fine.

Go and have a well-deserved sleep and try to relax.

Take care

Pip xx

Worriedgirl87
05-03-12, 12:19
Hi there,

I'm so pleased for you. Now it's important to make sure you remember what you were told - they did very thorough tests and you're absolutely fine.

Go and have a well-deserved sleep and try to relax.

Take care

Pip xx

Yes now I just have to remember that I'm healthy and not to try to find something else to worry about!

Pipkin
05-03-12, 13:15
If only it were that easy - this forum would be half empty!

Take care

Pip xxx

Worriedgirl87
05-03-12, 19:04
If only it were that easy - this forum would be half empty!

Take care

Pip xxx

Haha it's definitely very hard to let go and just live!