PDA

View Full Version : Please help.

pam67
24-06-06, 19:55
I am new to this but would be so grateful for any words of wisdom. I have suffered from OCD for as long as I can remember and over the years it has taken many shapes and forms. However the one dominant fear over the years has been AIDS. I used to be convinced that I could catch it just by touching something or from some other no risk activity. I put myself through the ordeal of 2 tests( both negative ) and then of course doubted the results. I am happily married and faithful to my husband but what is absolutely destroying me now is the fear that I may have accidently had sex with someone on a night out and just cant remember or that I was drugged and raped and cant remember or even just had intimate contact with someone and cant remember. I am constantly questioning my husband after a night out about what I was doing when we were out,was I with him all night etc etc. I can find the tiniest detail,eg,someone knowing my name and I dont know them, and come to the conclusion I must have had sex with them. I reassure myself I have never been unfaithful but the doubts keep coming back-maybe I did this or that and the what ifs. This is totally eating me up.

If anyone can relate to this or give some advice i really would appreiate it. Thanks

Pam

chucklehound
24-06-06, 20:01
Hi Pam and welcome to NMP.

I am so sorry you are going through this.
Are you on any medication for your OCD?

(I have sent you a PM)

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

nomorepanic
25-06-06, 15:00
Hi Pam

Welcome aboard.

I really believe that you would know if you had sex with someone else and it seems as though this is a big focus of your attention at the moment.

Have you discussed these issues with your husband atall?

There is no reason to believe that you have ever or would ever sleep with anyone else so you must try to put those thoughts to the back of your mind and reassure yourself that this would never happen.

Try to remember that these are just thoughts and not actions.

Nicola

april tones
25-06-06, 18:16
Hi pam
My dad has this one fear, i cant go into it as its personal but this as well as other things i know my dad has ocd and suffers like me xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

jollywalrus
25-06-06, 19:39
Hi,

My daughter has OCD and although her thoughts are very different to yours, we use two methods.
First we use distraction. I make her concentrate hard on something else, doesn't matter what, just something that keeps her attention and this gives her a break from it for a while.

Secondly, we have a wristband each which says on it "it's only a thought" and between us we keep believing thats true.

Hope this might help in some way.
Christine