PDA

View Full Version : yellow wee :(

pearl79
03-03-12, 16:29
i know if you dont drink enough your wee can go quite yellow.. but ive been drinking water all day, im guessing 1.5l but most of the time i go its still quite yellow..
ive had a awfull headache all day and been really tired so im worrying whats going on ... cuz if the trace bood i get now and again with tests...

im really worried , i must either have a tumor in my uriary tract or bladder cancer x

sebinkent
03-03-12, 16:33
Do you take any vitamin supplements? They can make your wee go very yellow, especially vit B, even if you drink a lot of water. I would have thought having cancer down there would be highly unlikely. You're tired and have a headache because you're stressing out..

pearl79
03-03-12, 16:40
sebinket your probably right, but when i google there are hardly any benign reasons for blood in wee.. its small trace... but the googing thoughts are stuck in there good and proper x i was taking vit b complex but stopped that last month, but my wee is darker yelloe than when i was taking that, i actually didnt notice mywee get yellow when i was taking it... thanx for replying :) im all flushed faced today.. what i horrible headache

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

how can my wee be so yellow, even after so much water? i hope its nothing bad!!

sebinkent
03-03-12, 16:46
Seeing blood in your wee or having traces of it must be very scary and you would be inclined to think CANCER straight away but blood in the urine doesn't automatically mean cancer. It could be something as little as a bladder/urine infection. Men can sometimes see blood in their urine if the bladder or the prostate gets inflamed or infected. What tests have you done? Thinking you 'may' have cancer is going to do you no good at all, trust me, I've been there. Worrying is SO bad for you. I know, easier said than done...

lizzie29
03-03-12, 16:56
Sometimes urine changes colour depending on what you've eaten. Have you had anything different?

pearl79
03-03-12, 17:00
Nothing, the doctor doesnt seemed concerned, its been trace some times and others not for a year, when its been sent to the lab one time there was nothing in it. i have had a non contrast ct scan of my kidneys down, to look for stones etc.. and ive had a ultrasound of my kidneys... thats all

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

my last dip stick said micro blood and no infection 2 weeks ago
x

Breezay
03-03-12, 17:57
Your blood is only occasionally in your urine so that really doesn't indicate cancer. You really need to just chill out and STOP GOOGLING! You're on here every day asking for help but never seem to take the advice. I'm sorry if this seems harsh but you really need to start helping yourself. You DO NOT have cancer, your Doctor isn't concerned so you shouldn't be either. If you are still concerned then the only person who can diagnose you or run more tests is your Doctor. You need to speak to him.

william wallace
03-03-12, 21:08
Breezay. - It's you that needs to chill out. If folks with H.A bug you so much why even bother looking at the threads, let alone reply to them. If you can't be nice, don't post:)

Pearl, your wee is supposed to be yellow. This is how the body gets rid of toxins.
If you pee clear water it means you are dehydrating:)

kingkong
04-03-12, 08:23
Hi Pearl,
If I take an antacid or acid tablets for the tummy, I get a range of problems with the wee including the ones you mentioned. Sometimes it can be slightly darker as well. It happens the immediate next day I take an antacid. Once I stop the antacid, it turns back normal. Not sure if anybody else has observed this.
I think too much carrots can do this too. But not sure. I remember reading it somewhere.
Its also not a good idea to check the running wee, as due to the effects of the light, things can be deceiving.
If you are really concerned, you can collect it as you would do to submit a sample and check it.

Beyonderz
04-03-12, 10:32
If you pee clear water it means you are dehydrating:)
I'm sorry but that's not correct. One gets very dark color pee during dehydration. The normal healthy pee has a very very light yellow tone in it but if it's a dark yellow it can be something related to kidneys, or it means that person doesn't drinking enough water to wash away things from body.

I sometimes get crystal clear pee when I drink lots of water, which definitely cannot mean dehydrating... Besides using the toilet often effects toilet color a lot. The more you wait to do the small one, the darker yellow color you get.
Vitamin C tablets usually give me a very pigmented bright yellow color.
I say you check it a couple of days Pearl, if it changes from time to time then there is nothing to worry about. Hope you feel well soon.

william wallace
04-03-12, 10:49
I'm sorry but that's not correct.

There's no need to apologise:)

How can you say that peeing clear isn't a factor in dehydration?. It's water leaving the body in large quantities, this is the reason that hangovers are accompanied by dehydration.
Drink beer pee clear:)
In the advanced stage of dehydration pee will get darker of course because there's nothing left but toxins:)

jaynehal
04-03-12, 10:57
Hi pearl
Your pee is dark because your either dehydrated or you haven't been the toilet for a good few hours, for example your morning pee will always be the most concentrated as it's been in your body for longer, the longer you leave it the darker it will get, drink plenty water and I'm sure you'll see an improvement, my doc says 2 litres a days is needed and if you drink alcohol your body needs more as alcohol can dehydrate your body
Jayne x

Pipkin
04-03-12, 10:58
B/W,

You're both right but the real warning sign of dehydration is dark urine. If you drink plenty of fluids (little and often), your wee will be light and that's fine as long as you keep hydrated.

Alcohol is a diuretic and dehydrates you so you'll see lots of light wee at first and then, as you stop drinking and don't replenish with water etc, it gets darker. Hence the morning after hangover and dark wee.

Pip

Carys
04-03-12, 11:21
Hey Pipkin, cool answer, interesting too.

xtremx
04-03-12, 14:09
Hiya, I had anxiety over my urine sometimes it was really murky and i wen over the top bought a 100 urine strips (£15) and went though them in about a week evertime i urinated i would test it sometimes a small trace of blood sometime other things would show up.

Never got to the bottom of my murky/cloudy urine but have stopped my self from buying anymore strips and always worrying about it.

Urine as some have said changes colour but water intake, food stuff and most of all some say it is normal sometimes to find a small trace of blood (but we seem to focus on that)

kate89
04-03-12, 14:17
you may have a bit of a water infection...i'd go to the g.p an just do a sample deffo nothing to worry about tho hun x

Em.ma
04-03-12, 20:03
hello.
i really wouldnt worry about this at all.
it proberly looks really yellow to you as you worry over it.
if doc is not concerned try not to be aswell.

Gaspa79
05-03-12, 03:11
DO NOT, I repeat: DO NOT GOOGLE YOUR SYMPTOMS.

Remember, you had lots of studies done, and they all turned out okay. You have been diagnosed with HA already. Keep that in mind, try not to worry, and try to be happy! Trust your doctor's judgement in this one =). Also, try to concentrate on the fact that wee is SUPPOSED to be yellow. Maybe not THAT yellow but if every exam you took turned out okay and your doctor is not worried just try to have a nice day, watch a comedy or something =).