PDA

View Full Version : Different makes of Venlafaxine

Pipkin
03-03-12, 22:54
Hi there,

I was wondering what different makes/brands of venlafaxine people are on or have previously had. For me it's:

Effexor XR - Wyeth/Pfizer
Generic - Teva
Alventa XL - Consilient

Interesting to know what is being prescribed by different doctors and what is stocked by pharmacies for generics.

Thanks

Pip

Kev707
05-03-12, 21:55
Hi pip it's Alventa xl iv been prescribed

Pipkin
05-03-12, 22:29
Hi Kev,

Thanks for the post. How are you finding them?

Pip

Millymolly
05-03-12, 22:31
Hi Pip I'm on venlalic xl

Kev707
05-03-12, 22:41
Yeh good starting to have more good days less anxiety but a long way off getting my confidence back been on for five weeks in total but only three at 75 mg how u getting on?x

Pipkin
05-03-12, 22:47
Kev,

Things are pretty good with me. I'm at 8 weeks, 7 at 75mg. I'm still improving every day though I think they've more or less reached their full potential now. I feel a thousand times better than I did before I started them and the XL are really good, only having to take them once a day.

Good to see you feeling better. I remember you weren't too good a few weeks ago.

Pip

Kev707
05-03-12, 22:54
That's really gd pip I'm happy for you, yeh I was in a real bad way was so scared thought I was losing my mind with the anxiety but touch wood this meds have def taken the edge off things, u have any sideffects now?x

Pipkin
05-03-12, 22:58
Kev,

Not many. Still a little bit nauseous now and then, but not too bad. Find I'm clenching my teeth a bit more than I usually do but that might just be me. No sexual side effects this time which is a relief.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the occasionally dilated pupils which is just weird! :scared15:

How about you?

Pip

Kev707
05-03-12, 23:11
The same not too much few sexual ones which I kinda expected get dizzy sometimes but not nearly as bad as citalopram I also get the teeth grinding too pip x

Pipkin
06-03-12, 06:32
Kev,

In my experience, the sexual side effects resolve themselves after a while. I had these the last time I took venlafaxine and they got better. It's also a case of mind over matter - you'll get it sorted.

Take care and keep in touch

Pip x

petram
06-03-12, 09:12
hi pip glad ya doing well and u kev , i too get grindy teeth :) xx

Catya
06-03-12, 11:35
Hmmmmm..... think my vennie are just called 'Cheap and Cheerful' Lol xx

Pipkin
06-03-12, 12:47
Kate - as long as they work, it doesn't matter. I was just curious what people are getting, particularly after the conversations we've had about standard vs extended release.

Take care

Pip x

Catya
06-03-12, 14:45
Yes. lol.
I think the lower dose is suiting me better. I think sometimes the dr puts us up too quickly in their haste to get a quick fix. The insomnia and hot sweats were very severe for me on the higher dose. Fingers crossed.