PDA

View Full Version : best time to take cit

CameronG
03-03-12, 23:11
Hi guys, I take mine on amorning....

When is best to take them in your opinions? Would I nitice any difference by taking them on a night for example

Thanks!

X

bignik
03-03-12, 23:14
I take mine in the am also and told if felt tired during day to take them at night , I dont sleep well and always tired so always just stuck to the morning as originally told. would be interested to see what others advise also

angel wings
03-03-12, 23:18
was told to take them in the morning cause theY might keep me awake but would be interesting to know if people take them at night might stop some of the SE in the day :)

Kendra
04-03-12, 09:06
I take them at night. Mainly because if I took them during the day I would sit and worry and panic about everything that possibly could happen to me!!!

I'm day 4 today and have had bad nights sleeping but it wasn't so bad last night!!

Personal preference really i'd say!

What day are you on Cameron??

Kendra x

emmat
04-03-12, 09:25
hi , i take mine in the night about 9.30pm , i havent had any problem sleeping , im on 40mg . i do have quite vivid dreams.

nicola1980
04-03-12, 09:27
When i was on cit the doctor told me to take them in the morning so i did as i was told :D x x

CameronG
04-03-12, 09:47
I'm nearly at 5 weeks kendra

william wallace
04-03-12, 11:26
I just changed from Citalopram to Sertraline a few days ago. When I took Citalopram it was always first thing in the morning. I like to have a drink 2 or 3 nights a week so tried to put as much time between taking meds and drinking alcohol. This gives the drug time to do it's job unhindered by the alcohol:)

Kendra
04-03-12, 13:03
I'm nearly at 5 weeks kendra

Are you finding a difference yet??

LauraSmith27
04-03-12, 14:04
I've been on them since April and have always taken mine at night. I sleep absolutely fine, although I do have vivid dreams, but they don't bother me.

kate89
04-03-12, 14:20
The morning i would say...as when i was precribed them a few years back i took 1 at night an i could not sleep but then again not everyone is the same :)

CameronG
04-03-12, 14:40
thanks for the advice chaps xx

daintydi
04-03-12, 15:25
Ive been taking them 6 weeks, i sarted taking them at night hoping any side effects would happen while i was asleep, only i didnt! sleep that is! was still awake 2am , 3am, so started taking them first thing in a morning. slept ok since. also hardly any side effects. good luck x

bignik
05-03-12, 17:27
a lot of cant sleep at nights I see , I think for me just stick to am as usual

willigetwiser
05-03-12, 23:14
I am on 30 mg now and take at night - suits me best.
I've tried different times, morning, noon, early evening, late night.

Talk to doc but you choose after trying a few options but do not expect an immediate change.
Best, take care, Cit has been big help for me.