PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline day 11

vetran32
04-03-12, 09:49
Felt a bit worst last few days with anxiety early morning wakening and some low thoughts thinking ill never feel better etc but going to carry on taking the Sertraline. Hoping these are start up side affects and i eventualy feel better because getting inpatient lol.If any ones got any advice about changing to this medication would appreciate it was on seroxat 10mg before :yahoo:

LAURA48
04-03-12, 10:04
Hi Vetran - same as me only second day! First day 100mg (that doctor prescribed) felt very anxious all day yesterday - so last night cut in half and going to take 50mg for a couple of weeks - you have to give it a few weeks and I think coming off Seroxat and myself Prozac can have a "muddling" effect - should even out - know it is frustrating though - feel spaced out this am but not so anxious! Keep me posted - Regards Laura

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

ps - what strength are you on?

vetran32
04-03-12, 10:15
Hi Laura thanks for the reply think 50mg of sertraline is probably the equivalent to 20mg seroxat/prozac so just going to keep taking it and see what happens ill keep you posted on my progress. Dont want to go back on Seroxat if i can help it how come you stopped Prozac did it stop working?? are you off work at the mo?? i am been of three weeks dreading going back thats why i need to feel a bit better before i return lol this illness realy sucks had it of and on since i was 18 now 34 didnt think back then it would be a life long thing lol but have come to the conclusion you never get over it totaly just learn to live with it. Hope you feel better soon :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

50mg for eleven days

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

My names Karl by the way

LAURA48
04-03-12, 10:18
Hi - thanks for that - had a bereavement in Oct and the Prozac stopped working (had been on it successfully) for 15 years - no relapse - until now! changed me to mirtazapine - rubbish - then back to Prozac to see if it would kick start - made me much worse - crying all the time, worst depression ever in my life! I am off work - haven't been for 15 years (medical receptionist) at a surgery! part time - I have had anxiety since the early 1980s through being bullied at work (Inland Revenue) and just tried to manage it really - through medication, etc, Like you hate being off work - but colleagues are supportive and said pop in when you have a good day! Anyway early days - take care Laura

vetran32
04-03-12, 11:07
Hi Laura that story sounds a bit similar to me was abused physicaly by step dad when i was a kid my real dad died in 2001 and my mum in 2006 which realy affected me. And on top of that after my mum died i was mentaly abused by some narcissistic patient i was working with because i was at a low point at the time he completely charmed me as being a nice person and then started playing mind games etc which made my anxiety unbearable. And he got away with it because at the time i didnt realise how much it had affected me because i was so low after loosing my mum i never reported him and he left. I hate bullys could of easily stood upto this bloke at the time but was vunerable after my mum so didnt see it coming,he still drives past me somtimes and points at me lol trying to intimidate me he is sick and twisted.This was 5 years ago and i still think of the horrible things he said to me which make me anxious. I have worked in the mental health sector for 10 years where i met this evil patient/ bloke that was horrible but to be honest all the other people i work with are nice you always get one though lol :yesyes:

LAURA48
04-03-12, 11:30
Hi Karl - gosh you have been through hell - no wonder you have anxiety - what a horrid man - I know sometimes when you are vulnerable you haven't the strength to fight back - I was the same with my job at the Inland Revenue - I was only 18 at the time and it does have a profound effect on you later life. Have you spoken to anyone professionally? I am sure the meds will soon kick in - and at least soften the blow! Take care Laura

vetran32
04-03-12, 12:00
Only ever spoke to the Doctor realy and a counselor a few times.The only reason that bloke realy affected me was because i lost my mum at the time and i was vunerable otherwise i would of told him to get @@@@@@@ if you know what i mean. Also it was probably because of the abuse i experienced as a kid which didnt help when someone was then doing it to me again mentaly in my adult life.The blokes 70 years old anyway and will be probably be meeting his maker shortly then he will have to answer for his crimes as well as the other people he has been horrible to because i am sure there are many there are always are with these sickos.Dont usualy think about it much to be honest but when your ill you start remembering all the horrible things people have said to years ago that made you anxious. One lesson i learned is not to trust people straight away when you meet them because people arent always what they portray themselves to be. Were you bullie then Laura at work did the people get punished for what they did to you???

cathycrumble
04-03-12, 12:00
I am on day 11 of sert and the first 5ish days were fine but I feel really sick and anxious I upped it to 100 yesterday as feel it may help me I just cant seem to eat as feel so sick.

Have you had any sickness vetren?

I thought I was getting away with side effects with this med. but no chance. :weep:

Cathy xx

vetran32
04-03-12, 12:08
Hi Cathy did have a few days where i felt nauseaus which definately affected my appetite. But worst of all for a few days was an upset stomach. Were you on any meds before sertraline??? Karl

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Appetite alot better now but not 100% i find this mediaction strange its not sedating me and it not realy stimulating me if that makes sense where as seroxat i was on before made me sedated and sleep for England lolzz :roflmao:

cathycrumble
04-03-12, 12:11
I took prozac for 31 days and was bad but I feel a bit like that now I am so sick I havnt eaten yet and I feel unhappy.

Cathy xx

LAURA48
04-03-12, 16:40
Hi Karl - you will get there after what you have been through - these meds take time to work - the nasty side effects will be over soon and we'll be given a new lease of life! as regards the bullying - nothing was ever done - it was back in the early eighties - I had more qualifications than the old woman - she seemed ancient then! who was training me - right old cow and always putting me down in front of others - well when you are only 18 in knocks your confidence - but like your bully - every dog has its day! Keep you chin up!

Cathy - you probably feel anxious because of upping to 100mg - I will do that in a couple of weeks - broke em in half! had a sleep on the sofa this afternoon - felt a little sick but have had some toast earlier and a treacle sponge pud and custard - lol- that my meal for the day - feel spaced out - but know it's the side effects - I find a hot water bottle comforting and someone on here said solpadol soluble (or co-codamol sol) can be soothing - although in moderation to relax you (as these can became addictive) but good as a temp measure. We'll get there - take care Laura x

vetran32
05-03-12, 09:52
Thanks Laura felt a little bit better yesterday so keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue will keep you updated mate how have you been feeling on the Sertraline? Im going to keep a record on here of my progress to help other people. Im sorry about the woman at the inland revenue some people can be so nasty think they do it to make themselves feel better :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Think it may be the increase to 100mg Cathy because i felt nauseaus for a bit when i first started the 50mg of Sertraline hang in there im sure this will pass give it another week because you might feel alot better all of a sudden take care Karl :bighug1:

alfredo1
05-03-12, 10:20
im on day 7 of 100mg (was on 50-mg before that for 2 weeks). I don't feel any improvement whatsoever at the moment. Still feel as depressed as I did before I went on them. Going to keep going with them though as it can take some time! :-)

vetran32
05-03-12, 12:38
Have you found any improvement alfredo at all i have a little just hoping it continues???

alfredo1
05-03-12, 13:23
No not really, in fact today i feel worst than ever. I know sometimes it gets worst before it gets better I'm just so fed up with feeling so low.

Its been 3 months now for me. I don't know how I managing with my job to be honest....I just feel like i'm on the edge all the time.

Now i think the sert is making me put weight on too, which is going to add to my depression.....feel like i'm going around in circles.

vetran32
05-03-12, 13:56
Sorry to here that hang in there i know what its like when you feel you wont feel any better alfredo it dosent matter what anyone says you wont belive it but trust me you will eventualy and then your look back and think thank goodnes i dont feel like that anymore. Keep your chin up buddy here if you need a chat :D

cathycrumble
05-03-12, 14:08
No not really, in fact today i feel worst than ever. I know sometimes it gets worst before it gets better I'm just so fed up with feeling so low.

Its been 3 months now for me. I don't know how I managing with my job to be honest....I just feel like i'm on the edge all the time.

Now i think the sert is making me put weight on too, which is going to add to my depression.....feel like i'm going around in circles.

Really sorry to hear you are having a bad day. it is so upsetting. I am on day 11 but I upped my dose on sat to 100. I feel crap at the moment but this will be the side effects.

What dose are you on and do you still have the side effects? Are you suffering from anxiety or depression? I do know antidepressents take a good while to kick in.

Cathy xx

alfredo1
05-03-12, 14:42
I had a massive bout of anxiety in October/November, which led to depression. I'm despressed at the moment, not anxious. Feel very low, like i'm a bit in a bubble. That's the way i can describe it. No enthusiasm/motivation to do anything........i hate being like this.

I'm going to carry with sertraline. I've got a session with councellor later on today - CBT so i'm hoping that I gel with her.

cathycrumble
05-03-12, 14:54
Yes I know waht you mean I hate the no motivation I have it but that is due to my anxiety/depression. Since I lost my job I think too much time on my hands to dwell.

Glad you are not giving in. :yesyes:

Cathy

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Sorry to here that hang in there i know what its like when you feel you wont feel any better alfredo it dosent matter what anyone says you wont belive it but trust me you will eventualy and then your look back and think thank goodnes i dont feel like that anymore. Keep your chin up buddy here if you need a chat :D

How are you finding the sertraline Vetran?

cathy xx

vetran32
05-03-12, 15:28
To be honest Cathy the last couple of days not to bad im on day 12 today plus i took half 25mg the first day realy hoping they will work for me maybe they are a bit already hope they do for you to i will keep my progress on here to help others. Hope you and anyone else feel better soon:bighug1: