PDA

View Full Version : New to NMP

sonia maria sellars
04-03-12, 16:28
Hi my name is Sonia, for the last ten years i have suffered anxiety depression,and panic attacks. I have recently come off citalopram, and now take fluoxetine and pregabalin.I hhhhave been on them three weeks now and havent felt any benefit at all

Carys
04-03-12, 16:29
Sorry to hear that Sonia, but I do hope you find some hope and comfort here. :welcome:

nomorepanic
04-03-12, 16:29
Hi sonia maria sellars

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

sonia maria sellars
04-03-12, 16:31
Thankyou

Pipkin
04-03-12, 17:18
Hi Sonia and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xxx

katiebean
04-03-12, 17:22
Hi Sonia........
Your story sounds familiar!!! I too took Citalopram (8years) but now I'm on day two of Fluoxitine. Yesterday was good, but today I'm a bit low. Oh the joys of the right meds huh?
This website is great, it makes you really feel like there are others who know what you are going through.xx

nicoladalby
05-03-12, 00:24
hi hun im also new here just want to talk to people who are going throught the same thing. im 28 and have sufferd with panic attacs since i was 15 also i had bad depression untill i was 19. so i really know what ur going through. i was also taking citalipram but changed to sertraline, propranalol and diazepam....i dont want to have to be on meds for ever. im really fed up its ruining my life!! hope your well xx

carefree68
05-03-12, 00:39
Welcome Sonia. I dont take meds so can't help you, but hope you find the advice and comfort you need. NMP is a great site and has helped me loads. Looks like you are already making friends.
:hugs:

jessicalittler79
05-03-12, 04:28
welcome to nmp :)

Isabella8688
06-03-12, 08:37
What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

Stormsky
06-03-12, 08:46
hi Isabella
you need to start your own new thread under introductions.

calms
06-03-12, 11:25
Hi Sonia,
I'm on fluoxetine as well and have been taking it for nearly 3 months. Three weeks is early days for you yet. Please give it time as it does take usually 4-6 weeks before you start to feel the benefits. It certainly has helped me but I still have a long way to go. You no doubt have started on a lowish dose so if they are not benefiting you your docter would probably be happy to increase the dose. Keep going and stay in touch:yahoo:

little wren
06-03-12, 11:51
Hi Sonia :welcome: I too suffer from anxiety and am on fluoxetine, I find the meds. forum really useful on this site, to hear of others experiences with what's out there. I am having to address my meds at the min and it helps to see whats worked for others.