PDA

View Full Version : Stupid lymph nodes!

MaryMac
04-03-12, 19:40
Argh!! I just can't stop checking my lymph nodes. My neck is the worst area. I'm sure I've got one just right under my ear, in the gap between my bone and neck, (it's fairly big but I've looked at diagrams and there doesn't seem to be one there but I don't know what else it could be). I also felt one under my chin on the left hand side, I'm pretty sure it's one. I can't stop checking and looking up pictures, and now I'm sort of over my leukemia fear, I'm sure it's lymphoma. I've had a tickly little cough for a wee while, and looking at symptoms is convincing me my number is up! :(

MidnightCalm
04-03-12, 21:15
sameee! All mine are up! & I don't wanna know the symptoms of either cos I get a lot of different feelings every day. I always feel fluey and clammy and sore.

macc noodle
04-03-12, 21:16
Hmmm Hmmmm Mary - stop looking at the blinking internet!

You have been checked out by the doc and told to leave them alone.

Lymph nodes do an important job for us - they fight infection in the body - as you have said yourselfyou have a tickly cough and now you have noticed an enlarged node (or at least you imagine you have because it is bigger than the pic. on the internet!) - could it not just be that you have a sinus infection or something similar and these nodes are just doing their jobs??????

Chin up - it most certainly is not lymphoma - your doc has already told you.
:hugs:

MaryMac
04-03-12, 23:07
I know macc, you're right but it's just like the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning, and I run to the bathroom to check. It's horrible! And I know in my heart it's not lymphoma but I just wish I'd stop getting these stupid symptoms. I haven't been eating properly either, and I know that's not helping either, so I'm going to start looking after myself more and hopefully this will stop.