PDA

View Full Version : Let the past go, put hings right for you

sam66
04-03-12, 20:11
Ok, Im not going over old stuff, childhood crap, yeah teenage abuse yeah, managed to deal so far, raised two lads, had a heroin addict brother to see straight, same old....
my anx looking back was even there as a kid, family life was living in one room away from my mentally ill father.
My eldest brother was a gem, looked after us and made sure we were fed as my father used to gamble all our money away, my earliest memory of him was taking my rabbit out of his cage and bashing it against a wall, the screams it made... then told over the dinner table to be grateful you have food, frankly Id rather starve and I did.
We have had an awful lot of conflict in our family, considering the pain my father inflicted when I found out he'd died I contacted the people who knew him then and asked if I could go to his funeral and was refused, a man that had wished me dead at 14, to pay my last respects to. 'you never cared for him when he was alive. why now'
I did care for him but everything was my fault, that was his illness not mine and no one has the right to judge what they dont know.
My Son was abused several years ago, I lost my Mum, some other stuff, but I wasnt here when she died, I tryed to make a new life with my kids, but cut short as I needed o be back for her funeral and to make sure my brother never fell off the rails again.
We did the will thing, my eldest brother tried to exempt myself and my other brother from it.
I had a few letters from her while I was away telling me how much I had damaged my kids, how selfish I was, how... ok this bit I cant do
We did the will bit, my brother did fall apart and scraped the streets for him on many a night, going thro mums stuff my eldest brother took great delight in telling me 'she didnt want you in her will, in fact she didnt even like you' you killed her.
I have just found his e-mail address and would like to ask if I leave it, or perhaps share out some of the pain he gave me?

macc noodle
04-03-12, 21:08
Leave it in the past Sam - you are only going to cause yourself more pain than you have already suffered.

:hugs:

sam66
04-03-12, 21:36
perhaps I need to put things right, Im not worthless, I have struggled and dealt with my own pain and meaning nothing, perhaps my so called 'brother' wants a well and true kick up the ass and some home truths, I accept Im a crap person and god did he rub it in, some hurt you never recover from

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

I must be a really crap person

bignik
04-03-12, 22:03
as my pyschologist always reminds me , concentrate on today only , let the past go , not easy I know but it just keeps pulling you down I find.

And your not a crap person , give your brother some home truths and a kick up the ass , he sounds as if he deserves it , dont take others problems on board Sam , you got yourself and health to worry about and thats more important

Good luck :)

sam66
04-03-12, 22:16
I should do better

bignik
04-03-12, 22:19
no you will do better say to yourself :)

sam66
04-03-12, 22:28
you cant moarn someone that hated you

fact

blue moon
04-03-12, 22:49
Sam:hugs:Live for today,all what has happened to you try and move on from it,do not let all this bring you down.You have your sons to care for I would not even bother with a reply to your brother,you be the better person and ignore what has been said.You are not crap,you beautiful strong woman always remember that.
Love Petra xx:hugs:

Mountainclimber
04-03-12, 22:53
Let sleeping dogs lie, move on. Good luck and stay positive :yesyes:

bignik
04-03-12, 22:56
as a famous man once said .....

"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him." Martin Luther King (http://www.inspirationalquotes4u.com/kingquotes/index.html)

blue moon
04-03-12, 23:01
A wonderful quote bignik :yesyes:
Petra x

bignik
04-03-12, 23:08
and another to keep your chin up Sam

"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

A.A. Milne, Winne the Pooh

sam66
05-03-12, 13:52
Thanks for the replies, I am very tempted to contact him and have my say, perhaps for closure but he has made it clear in the past that he wants no contact so perhaps I wouldnt want to hear what he's got to say he was pretty cruel at the funeral.
I'll think about for a while and do nothing in haste or anger.

Sam