PDA

View Full Version : hello

chrissy 58
04-03-12, 20:59
hello im new here just want to know if anyone has a problem with fast heart rate i had a kidney infection and dehydration went to a/e nothing worried me more than my heart rate so high i am a very anxious person anyway but over 20 years ago now i had the same problem now its making me panic most days as i sit there feeling my pulse and dreading the next one coming i take amytriptyline which ive been on since my mum passed away which was 27 years ago and i also take 1.25 ramipril because one of my kidneys have a problem and the ramipril stop high blood pressure keeping my kidney ok its the heart rate i cant deal with it beating so fast i also have 3 grandchildren living with me so i have to be ok for there sake can anyone relate to this please thanks:weep:

diane07
04-03-12, 21:00
Hi chrissy 58

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Shellbell80
04-03-12, 21:03
:welcome: I too have a problem with a racing heart have you seen a doc about it i.e had an ecg or referred to a cardiologist ???? xx

chrissy 58
04-03-12, 21:09
hello thanks for reply ive had an ecg about 2 weeks ago it was fine i think i build myself up thinking about it constantly i get really scared at times

Shellbell80
04-03-12, 21:12
it is really scary I know exactly how you feel ive had lots of ecgs which show the fast heart rate but sinus rythm im under a cardiologist at the moment so i will have an echo but he is nit worried about the rate anxiety can cause this if your ecg was fine then you should not worry x did yours show a fast rate ??

lee20
04-03-12, 21:15
:welcome: to nmp

chrissy 58
04-03-12, 21:19
yes it did i think it was 138 bpm and was very unpleasant thank you so much for your reply its nice to talk to someone

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

hello lee 20 thanks

Shellbell80
04-03-12, 21:20
Please understand I am going through exactly the same and trust me if they were concerened at all with your ecg you would of been marched off to hospital in a flash. speak to your gp as there are medications that can help i.e beta blockers. Mine started with a gynae issue i had which led to my heart racing through the panic from that and now its stuck on fast :D but i keep telling myself if it was bad then i would not of been allowed to leave the hospital I know its hard but we can help each other xx

chrissy 58
04-03-12, 21:25
ok thank you for telling me that hope you feel better soon and yes we can help each other im going to a new doctors surgery wednesday for check up i will tell him all this thanks look forward to talking to you again

Shellbell80
04-03-12, 21:27
Thank you and good luck x

chrissy 58
04-03-12, 21:28
good luck to you to x its so nice to talk to someone who understands

Pipkin
04-03-12, 21:55
Hi there and :welcome:

Pip xxx