PDA

View Full Version : Hi and a BIG thankyou

Shostakovich
25-06-06, 02:34
To everyone here, I would like to say a big thank you for helping my girlfriend through "dark" times.

A year ago my girlfriend had her first severe panic attack followed by many more over the next few months. It was a very worrying time for me. Normally I know how to react to most situations (being ex military) but this was different, the problem could not be seen. All I saw was the woman I loved falling apart infront of me!!! Well all I could do was believe in her. This involved trips to A&E, the doctors (who didn't help much!!). She wasn't feeling better, breathing was difficult and the medical infrastructure said there was nothing wrong, but take two of these..... I have to admit that I had the urge to bounce the doctor around his office, just to make him believe that there was an issue, but I didn't, I just wanted my girlfriend to be ok. One of our friends is a reflexologist, so off we went and arrived 120 miles later. Now I have always been sceptical about holistic medicine. Not any more, within twenty minutes her breathing problem was sorted out. Next on the list was a visit to a counsellor and after a few sessions - progress.

It is enlightening experience for me and I send a massive hug to all members on here and wish you all well.

I have visited this site a few times and I have always been warmed by the words of kindness and support that you give each other.

I know many people here are having a tough time and feel devalued by their situation, but your support for each other makes you all truly remarkable.

Thought for the day:
If you want to win the war, you must expect to lose a few battles.

Keep up the good work

S

Every journey starts with a single step.

chucklehound
25-06-06, 09:09
Hi, I am glad your girlfriend had the help and support she was looking for!:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

trac67
25-06-06, 09:16
Hi,

How nice to read a post from a partner of a sufferer, having someone supportive and understanding is such a big help when you suffer from anxiety and panic's.
I am glad to hear that your partner has progressed and is on her road to recovery.
Keep up the good work of supporting her.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

ruthb1
25-06-06, 13:07
your partner is a lucky girl to have someone like you around. most sufferers partners do not understand and this is where the relationship can suffer.

keep supporting your partner as she will still need encouragement and support but with your help i am sure that she will make it through

take care

ruth x

nomorepanic
25-06-06, 13:47
Hi S

Thanks for the lovely post.

It is wonderful that you are supporting your partner along the way and I am glad to hear that she is so much better.

I like reflexology as well so interesting to hear that it has helped her a lot.

Hope she continues to improve over time.

Nicola

Paddington
26-06-06, 12:07
hello S.how lovely that you write to the site,you are a very special person!Not many people[let alone partners!]can see the 'fear' and recognise it as a very real disorder.I am soooo glad your girlfrind is on the mend,that is fab news.Give her my love and congrats on the long journey,well done .Love Mary-Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore