PDA

View Full Version : posting my thoughts

Mattb22
05-03-12, 02:46
Hey all,

Well ive done a bit of snooping around the site and seen people who were posting about one type of cancer in 2006 are still on here posting about symptoms they have for another type now... and they are in their late 20's

Ive decided I dont want to waste years of my life with this, yea this is how im feeling right now. I'm just getting over a nasty viral infection and you know what? I was in bed for 2 days with it... experiencing REAL sickness and one that most people will carry on working with at that.

Im now 21, Ive been troubled with my HA for almost a year now, lets be honest if those nodules in my mouth/throat were throat cancer, if those black specks in my stools were stomach cancer, if those tiny blood dots on my arms and the red blotches on my cheekbones were lymphoma, if my bouts of acid and chest pain were esophageal cancer then id be feeling a hell of a lot worse than this one viral infection has made me feel in the last week....

Hell my worst fear is lymphoma! OMG I just caught a viral infection this must confirm I have lymphoma? No actually ill think beyond this point, at the real scenario...

I havnt had a viral infection since the one that started me with this damn HA that was almost a year ago. 1 viral infection a year... hmmmm seems a bit low for someone with an autoimmune disease... Or how about the fact I havn't had no medication to help me get over it and yet my body has fought it off in a few days? Well im one lucky lymphoma sufferer!

Best thing I ever read in a self help book was this...

Your son or daughter or even you go to school and you get told there are head lice going around, suddenly what happens withing the next 30 minutes... your head starts to itch, this is a symptom your mind has created.

Another example I had a boil come up around me waist about 8 weeks ago, I went snooping online found out boils can be a symptom of lymphoma and low immune systems. That was it, first thing I had to do was pop it. I kept thinking I need it off my body I need it off my body.

I would use a pin to pop and squeeze the fluid out (sorry to be graphic!) and I would do it until it bled. But that wasnt good enough it still felt hard underneath. Instead of leaving it to heal I had to try and pop it in another spot to get rid of more fluid but all i'd get was blood. The next day it would come back up again and everyday I managed to get more and more fluid out making me more and more anxious about it, untill the point I gave up on it (after about 2-3 weeks). I thought stuff it, left it for a few days and omg it had gone down only to leave a nasty purple scar which I still have thanks to all the popping and squeezing.

Low and behold this morning I get another boil on my back/shoulder. This time without even taking a look at it only feeling it I ask my partner to take a look, she said yea its a boil hasnt got a head though. So she puts a plaster with sudacrem on it and I forget about it. Guess what? I havnt seen it or thought about it or messed with it all day and guess what? its gone, completly.

Sorry for the huge rant but sometimes I think a thread like this is just what you need, writing this certainly helps put my current feelings on to paper instead of just in my head!

Thanks Matt

Tish
05-03-12, 05:42
A really good post Matt.
I don't suffer from HA but feel desperately sorry for those that do. I think your post will be a great help to them.
Well done you and keep going onwards and upwards. You've got a great attitude. x

Jo1981
05-03-12, 06:45
Hi matt i couldnt agree more with your post..im have been a HA sufferer for over a year now and anything that i find wrong with me i diagnose myself with the worst possible thing ever..im trying not to search google any more..well done with your post i need to take on your attitude and fight this x

ewood79
05-03-12, 06:55
Well said Matt, related a lot to myself in your post.... How you going now?

Pipkin
05-03-12, 07:02
Matt,

I agree completely. Don't waste years worrying about something which is extremely unlikely ever to happen. Enjoy what you've got now and don't let anxiety rule your life.

Easy to say, not so easy to do, I know.

Pip x

countrygirl
05-03-12, 11:14
Well said Matt - i am one of those poor people who has spent all their life worrying about the what ifs. I had ha as a child due to traumatic death event in childhood and still have it now at 50.

I have tried to get your views across quite a few times in posts saying don't ruin your life like i have done but I am always afraid someone will take offense so I am so glad you have posted this and in such a good way as well. Well done.

simi
05-03-12, 16:05
Yes very well put, I have had H.A since I was 14 now 60 what a complete waste