PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety and frequent urination

jaynehal
05-03-12, 12:32
I'm trying to relax but can't and this frequent urination is upsetting me, can't convince myself it's anxiety even though the docs can't find a physical reason, it all started last Oct 2011 when this weeing started and I went to my doctors they tested me for a uti which came back clear, so a week later I went back and they retested which showed infection this time and was given antibiotics, which did get rid of infection but my doc said it can't have been a bad one as the White cell count wasn't high

Anyway I've been left with this frequent urination and seen a urologist who has done blood work, ultra sound and cystoscopy which are all ok and thinks it could be a nervous bladder!

I worry everyday about illnesses and it all started 10 years ago when my dad died, I'm waiting for some Cbt, hope it helps

Would love to hear if anyone else is suffering with this horrible symptom

Thanks

Jayne xx

Greenman50
05-03-12, 21:23
It often happens to me and has done on and off for 20 years but it seems to be ibs which causes this with me.

Don,t worry you have had all the tests and your fine .

ladymillion
26-09-12, 21:45
I suffer from this too Jayne and it is horrible. I constantly feel the need to go to the toilet and i feel i am going to lose control of my bladder if i cant get to the toilet even if i am just out. It is terrible. I started CBT today and yes it was embarrasing talking about it but if it helps me get over it i am willing to try! best of luck to u,

jaynehal
26-09-12, 22:06
Hi there

I can honestly say that it was horrible when I had it and I had it for months, but it was all anxiety even though I didn't believe it at the time, my Cbt guy told me that when your anxious your tense and you muscles press on top of the bladder and below the bladder so when your going and your tense u feel like ubhave emptied your bladder but you haven't and soon fills back up again to the level that triggers the brain into you wanting to go again! I am feeling much better now and if I do go a lot one day I just tell myself I must be anxious! You'll be fine try and relax! I found a glass of wine would help! Xxx