PDA

View Full Version : first time here and feel trapped

bonanne
05-03-12, 12:47
Hi,
I thought it was only me. So glad there are people who understand but sad for everyone else.

I am absolutely crippled with anxiety but feel there is no way out as I have to work to help pay mortgage/bills. I work part time for a franchise and am not entitled to sick pay.

I need a couple of weeks off work to get used to my new meds - Lustral - and calm myself down but I can't afford to. My doctor agrees with me and would help with letters to the benefit office but I need to earn £150 a week to cover myself. Does anyone know how much benefits you can get for anxiety/ocd/phobias etc - I am literally sick and shaking going to work and hysterical by the time I get home but can't afford not to

nomorepanic
05-03-12, 12:48
Hi bonanne

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

ShazyA
05-03-12, 12:55
Hi bonnane and welcome, Im recently new here and have found great comfort in knowing I am not alone and have made a couple of friends that I chat to frequently. Regarding benefits google "benefit checker" you dont have to give any personal details and only takes a few minutes and will tell you what you may be entitled to and how to apply.
Look forward to seeing you around the site.

Pipkin
05-03-12, 13:13
Hi Bonanne and :welcome:

I know you'll meet lots of people here who understand your situation and will support you.

Regarding benefits, I don't know much about this but the Citizens' Advice Bureau will be able to help you - I know they're really good at looking at all your circumstances and giving impartial advice. Might be worth a go?

Take care

Pip x

bonanne
05-03-12, 14:09
Thank you for taking the trouble and take care x

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

you are kind to reply - thank you, means a lot

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

you are doing a fantastic service . Thank you

bignik
05-03-12, 14:31
sorry to hear your net too well , citizens advice bureau you will find them very helpful as well as others on the site , so welcome to the site :)

dallas11
05-03-12, 14:44
This may sound callous to many, but speak with your bank and tell them what's going on. I work for a bank in Australia and we have a requirement to have a 'customer assist' department who basically have to help with any client who advises them of a condition/circumstance that affects their ability to repay. Also, even if you lose your job and/or your house, is that more important than your mental health? At the end of the day, you have to be okay in yourself, then everything else will follow

xx

p.s. Again I don't mean to sound horrible, but you MUST put yourself first for a little while. Speak to your bank and find out if you can defer a few mortgage payments then see if you can take unpaid leave from work. I've done it with my husband's illness (had to take time off to support him) and I hope there's the same facility in the UK. xx

bonanne
05-03-12, 17:35
thank you xx