PDA

View Full Version : Day 5 on Lyrica. How long do these side effects take to pass?

tiddleypom
05-03-12, 15:05
I started taking Lyrica 150mg (75 in the morning and 75 at night) on Thursday. I have panic disorder, GAD and agoraphobia.

I'm feeling completely out of it. Like I'm very, very stoned. It's making my anxiety worse because I'm so aware of feeling "not right". I could barely even manage going for a walk today because everything felt surreal and I started panicking.

Has anyone else experienced this? How long does it take to wear off?

I already have anxiety about taking meds because of bad experiences on SSRIs, so this feeling is freaking me out.

The feeling itself isn't actually unpleasant, but not feeling right in any way sets my anxiety off.

Will this pass and be worth it?

dan1234
05-03-12, 15:30
I personally didn't have it as bad as you. But I did feel a bit spaced out for the first week or so. I'm on day 10, taking 200mg/d and do feel a small improvement. I think once I get into the 300-450mg category I should see big improvements, or at least I hope so.

Have you considered taking 75mg daily for a few days.

My shrink prescribed me 50mg x3 daily as he says the side effects are less pronounced. Maybe that's why your finding it harder.

Some take powder out of the capsule to lower the dose, but I'm not sure if that is safe to do.