PDA

View Full Version : Water got near iron plug

phil06
05-03-12, 15:51
Yesterday some water got on the plug for the iron on the gold metal bit and the white bit. My mum has since used it but I'm refusing too incase it sparks or something. Maybe damage the wall socket?

Anybody else had these worries? I'm considering buying a new iron..which is fine I just have to avoid any water dripping near that plug too. :huh:

bignik
05-03-12, 15:58
just make sure its dry and open the plug up to make sure no water has gotten inside , and should be fine was it just a small splash or soaked ?

phil06
05-03-12, 16:04
just make sure its dry and open the plug up to make sure no water has gotten inside , and should be fine was it just a small splash or soaked ?

Probably about ten drops at most. I think my mum has used it since but worried about future sparks off it.

bignik
05-03-12, 16:06
I think just worrying Phil , Im sure will be ok especially after your mum has used it and no issues , shes a brave person tell her , at worse I would think fuse would blow or the circuit breaker at your fuse box would trip.

Recsense
05-03-12, 17:03
bignik is right but I have a phobia of water and electricity, so I can see where you are coming from, I would put it in the airing cupboard for a few days so if it did have any water in it would be really dried out.

bignik
05-03-12, 17:13
good idea :)

dan1234
05-03-12, 19:17
Undo the screws and check there is no water inside? Sorted!

Mountainclimber
05-03-12, 19:26
Put a new plug on it, cheaper than an iron.