PDA

View Full Version : Going back on Citalopram

rachel_450
05-03-12, 16:18
Hi,

I thought I'd share my experience on here and hopefully get some advice and in return give some out!

I have had anxiety attacks for over five years, and they got to a point where I would avoid going out and social situations just to avoid having an attack as they always were triggered in public or crowded places. My doctor recommended Citalopram and it was a godsend. The only side effects I experienced were on the first day, I yawned uncontrollably and my pupils were huge! It was more unusual and funny rather than uncomfortable side effects.

I carried on these pills for over and year and my confidence was massively boosted, I can't recommend them enough. I ended up weening myself off them fine and thought I was doing ok, but then recently (over a year after coming off them) I have been having symptoms again and after much deliberation have just gone back on them after okaying it with my GP.

I have just taken my first one of 10mg and feel a bit strange, I think I'm more worried about worrying about my side effects this time around (if you know what I mean?!) I think ill be okay, but as I'm due to go to work this week I'm feeling a bit anxious that ill freak out while I'm there.

Has anyone else suffered side effects the second time around? Or any experiences going back on them would help?

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

pinkdove
05-03-12, 16:28
hi and :welcome: to nmp, i have been on citalopram twice, and had the same effects as the first time, so i think you will be ok, i had heightened anxiety for a while. good luck xx

nicola1980
05-03-12, 17:29
Hi and welcome :D ive also been on cit twice unfortunatly they didnt help me second time round so had to swap but before they were a godsend gave me my life back, good luck and hopefully you will be back to your old self in no time :D x x

bignik
05-03-12, 17:30
on it 4 weeks now and feel helping depression :)

rachel_450
09-03-12, 19:55
Thanks for your replies. Its day five now and side effects have been worse this time. First couple of days I just felt drowsy and sick, day four I had a small panic attack at night and I'm only now feeling calmer. I'm having trouble sleeping and eating but today I felt a lot better than yesterday.

Just hoping this will pass soon so I can get back to normal.

nicola1980
09-03-12, 20:03
I found the side effects worse for me second time round too x x