PDA

View Full Version : Painful lumps

Anxiety Jim
05-03-12, 17:28
Hi,

About a year ago I found a lump on my left testicle (on the left side of the testicle towards the back a bit), and went to the Dr after a few months of making excuses to myself for not going; he told me it was an epidydimal cyst (EDIT: there was no pain what so ever with this lump).

So I thought nothing more of it until about 2 weeks ago, when I had pain in my left testicle, and about 1 week ago I noticed that the lump was now bigger, and painful to touch, and there's also a new even bigger lump on the same testicle (this one lower and more to the front, but still on the left side), this one is also painful to touch, but not as bad as the other one.

I keep meaning to see my GP but keep chickening out, also there are 3 female Dr's to 1 male Dr and I don't get to pick who I see if I make an appointment for the same day.

Any advice, or ideas of what it could be? Cancer? :weep: I'm also morbidly obese (25 stone) so I'm convinced if it is cancer, the surgury or treatment will kill me if the cancer doesnt.

Jim

blingkasa
05-03-12, 18:01
Hi Jim, you should go back and see the doctors to get reassured, also cysts can grow so dont start thinking the worse, easier said than done. Remember that Doctors are all neutral when it comes to patients being male or female, if you feel uncomfortable it might be worth asking ( I dont know how it works in england) if it is possible to see the male doctor that you saw before. Its worth a try. It does sound like cysts or it could be nothing at all. Dont chicken out Jim, make a decision to go , stick to it and you will better that you did. If it is a cyst it is usually just drained and is a simple procedure, but, dont think that far ahead yet , book to see the doctor and you will be happy you did. Being overweight is something you can change easily as well, take it a step at a time. I did when i was overweight, i made gradual purposeful changes, and created imaginative ways to reduce but not so as i got bored with it. Walking is good as well, anything that you can do you should do as its all for your benefit. Good Luck with the appointment, it will be fine.

Geoff2301
05-03-12, 18:36
If I was you, I'd get that checked out without delay......its probably nothing serious but it will put your mind at rest. I wouldn't feel embarassed about seeing a female doctor....... they've seen it all before and its nothing to them!