PDA

View Full Version : (Male region) Lumps. Very worried.

Anxiety Jim
05-03-12, 17:56
Hi this may be a bit graphic, you've been warned...

About a year ago I found a lump on my left testicle (on the left side of the testicle towards the back a bit), and went to the Dr after a few months of making excuses to myself for not going; he told me it was an epidydimal cyst (EDIT: there was no pain what so ever with this lump).

So I thought nothing more of it until about 2 weeks ago, when I had pain in my left testicle, and about 1 week ago I noticed that the lump was now bigger, and painful to touch, and there's also a new even bigger lump on the same testicle (this one lower and more to the front, but still on the left side), this one is also painful to touch, but not as bad as the other one.

I keep meaning to see my GP but keep chickening out, also there are 3 female Dr's to 1 male Dr and I don't get to pick who I see if I make an appointment for the same day.

Any advice, or ideas of what it could be? Cancer? :weep: I'm also morbidly obese (25 stone) so I'm convinced if it is cancer, the surgury or treatment will kill me if the cancer doesnt.

Jim

sebinkent
05-03-12, 18:28
Hi Jim,

I have been through this too and know how you feel. You really should get this checked out, despite whether it's a male or female doctor, they are trained to do this and have seen and felt loads of testicles - they are not embarrassed by it so you shouldn't be either.
What might be a relief to know is that painful lumps on the testicles are generally not a sign of cancer and most lumps down there are harmless and benign. I have three cysts on my left one but I got myself really worried until I had them checked out and had an ultrasound. When I was told the lumps were harmless I was relieved but annoyed with myself for not doing anything about it for months!
Get it checked - it's not worth speculating and stressing yourself out. I'm sure everything will be fine. :)
PM me if you want to ask me anything.

nomorepanic
05-03-12, 19:45
Moved to the male issues forum for you