PDA

View Full Version : AAAARRRGGGH worried again

jade1978
05-03-12, 17:28
I posted earlier about receiving my mri results back. The thing is I can't stop thinking about what the doctor actually said. He said that the Mri came back as saying there was no obvious cause for my symptoms. Does this mean they found something but don't think its the cause, Ive driving myself mad! I was reassured before.. My HA is worse than I thought.

bignik
05-03-12, 17:30
no it means the all clear :)

jade1978
05-03-12, 17:34
Think I need to book those cbt sessions

Pipkin
05-03-12, 18:31
Jade,

Said the same to me - it means it's clear. I'm still here!

Pip x

jade1978
05-03-12, 18:37
I'm so annoyed with myself for managing to turn good news into a negative. I think I just need to see the letter myself.
Thanks bignik and pipkin x

bignik
05-03-12, 18:46
oh its so easy turning the positive into a negative , its turning the negatives into a positive I have problems with .... but glad your now at ease :)

kingkong
05-03-12, 18:53
Hi Jade,

Thanks for posting your results in the other thread. Glad to hear the good news.
I understand the anxiety you went through waiting for the results.

This latest situation is something I have experienced myself.
Part excitement and part stress, I tend to worry if I have heard things correctly or not. I also tend to interpret between the lines.

I think seeing the letter would be of no help, as I guess the doctor might have read what the report has said. It might be a good idea to ask in "plain english" as to what the report means. Also, if it helps, formulate a question, and ask for a direct answer.

For example, instead of asking "Where does this train go?" and finding out if it goes to a particular station, it might be a good idea to formulate a direct question with no ambiguity- for example " Does this train go to Leeds?" This was, there is little chance of confusion.

Mountainclimber
05-03-12, 19:07
That means all clear, so stop worrying. Its good news, so relax and enjoy the evening,:yesyes:

jade1978
05-03-12, 21:34
King Kong, I really wish I'd said 'but what does that mean', or what does the report actually say!! I was just so relieved that he didn't say 'the mri found 10,000 lesions on your brain' or something along those lines that I didn't really question what he'd said until a couple of hours after the phone call.:doh:

Thanks Murphys law, Ive opened some wine, and reading a good book and now trying to relax :yesyes:

jaynehal
05-03-12, 21:47
Hiya

It means the MRI was fine/normal which is good, you need to try an relax, I know easier said than done but if the docs not worried you need to go with what they say.

Jayne xx