PDA

View Full Version : Hello hello hello.

ellfatts
05-03-12, 18:03
I'm Laura and I'm 19.

I started to suffer from terrible anxiety at about 17 and lived with it for a year until It got a bit too much and I went to the doctors.

I did manage to forget about it all with therapy and carry on being fine until November of Last year where I suffered my very first panic attack (right in the middle of a busy shop. Sworn off queues and big places now)

I can manage my panic attacks and general anxiety of vomiting through breathing but I'm suffering badly with my bladder anxiety as of two weeks ago.

I'm visiting the doctor tomorrow because It's got to the point where I can't focus on anything else.I'm supposed to start work again this weekend and I'm dreading it.

My doctor put me on propranolol but it hasn't seemed to ease anything seeing as I don't think I'm suffering from a physical symptom. I'm 100% sure my bladder anxiety is completely and utterly mental.

It was my mum that suggested this site to me and I feel slightly more reassured knowing that other people have the exact same feelings as me.

Well this was hard to write. It almost feels as If I'm over reacting right now. But hi :)

diane07
05-03-12, 18:04
Hi ellfatts

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
05-03-12, 18:26
Hi Laura and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xx

bignik
05-03-12, 19:04
Hi and welcome to the site :) , I have issues with my bladder too when get highly stressed it well just causes me embarassing issues ... but we will get there in the end Im sure.

RebeccaFrith
06-03-12, 14:13
Hi Laura. I started with panic attacks when i was 17 & now i'm 20.
Hopefully we can talk soon, i'm on the same tablets as you.

Xx