PDA

View Full Version : A CBT Technique I learnt For slef Checkers

robocop192
05-03-12, 18:39
Hi guys (I meant self checkers!)

I learnt this from my therapist the other week. I did a video for it. If you have any questions do message me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7zl-fmRboY

Hope it helps

:)

bignik
05-03-12, 18:43
good vid , I dont suffer from health anxiety personally , but are having CBT and its nice to see someone sharing their experiences for others to benefit.

robocop192
05-03-12, 18:50
Ni Nik!

I suffer from depression too I have put a few resources on my site that may be of use. Glad you liked the video and nice to meet you!

bignik
05-03-12, 18:58
how do you find CBT Im finding it very helpful , but a lot of ups and downs , I suffer from agitated depression and acute stress disorder in relation to three devasting traumas in my life which have been buried deep for the last 20 odd years and just resurfaced last year when I was hospitalised for 2 months and then again for 3 months.

On discharge they advised no medications could cure my problems as were of pyschological nature , but Ive been having a terrible time with flashbacks , nightmares etc and very bad anxiety since having the CBT. I dont know how they do it it must be in the words they use when discussing things , this in turn triggers something in your head and then when leaving wham ... things start popping up , old memories etc .

Its been an unsettling time for me , but I was that badly disasociated from reality I couldnt even manage a smile , it was , yes .. no .. and my concentration was zero , it was as if my brain had just shut down ... after 6 sessions Im begining to open up more , feel a little more emotionally but as problems so deep rooted Im sure Ive a long path to walk before recovery.

Certainly without the CBT I would have lost it completely Im sure .. but I battle on best I can , will have a look at your site and nice to meet you too

ps title is mis spelt slef instead of self .. :)

robocop192
05-03-12, 19:09
Hiya!

I couldnt change the title once I made the mistake! I have only had 3 cbt sessions but my main relief is from medication. Trauma always brings on stress I know the feeling. I have had a difficult 2 years which re triggered my HA. Hopefully the site will help I put as much as I can on there!

bignik
05-03-12, 19:58
you review on Mirtazipine was very true , I take mine and thats it chocolate crisps non stop ... lol , sadly it lost its effectiveness for me after 5 months , despite being on 45mg daily , I still take it but had to have citalopram added to boost serotonin as I found myself getting very depressed .. so now on 2 anti depressnts to keep my head above water

Slept well on it to but that lost its effectiveness also , but I think a good drug for the short term depression.

Diazepam your best friend lol , true ......... Im waiting for chlorpromazine prescription which does same job ( from experience I had in hospital ) but is non addictive.

ewood79
06-03-12, 01:29
I saw a traumatic thing yesterday a lady had a stroke in front of me and we had to do CPR and wait for ambulance then help them etc and yeah I had a massive panic attack after and feel all wobbly....

I'm sure it's natural though!

robocop192
06-03-12, 07:02
I am sure that is a natural reaction. I work with some very severe special needs so I see some awful things on a daily basis. If anybody has any concerns I am an old pro of 15 years on and off with health anxiety so I can always offer some honest advice and point you towards good free resources!

pearl79
06-03-12, 11:42
will defo try this and will share xx