PDA

View Full Version : Lump on gum

Roadtorecovery
05-03-12, 19:12
Hi everyone

After managing my ha fairly well for a year or so, I have developed another worry I just cannot shake. A coulo of weeks ago I was feeling around in my mouth with my tounge after my gf was talking about a recent dentist visit she'd had.

I noticed a small, hard limp on the inside of my bottom gum, way under the tooth. It's not actually visible with my mouth open in the mirror. I can just feel it with my tounge. I've seen the dentist last week and he felt it but was not concerned, he said other people have them too and mayb it'd been there a long time but I hadn't noticed till now,

I told him it was giving me concerns and he said he would check it again in a couple of weeks if I wanted, I still can't get it out my head Ann's I'm constantly prodigious it during the day with my tougne,

Does anyone else have anything like this?

Roadtorecovery
07-03-12, 16:40
An update for anyone that has a similar concern, I had a second dentist check up today from a separate dentist, she advised me that this lump has probably been with me a long time and it's a boney spur from the jaw, she said it is perfectly normal and commonly found.

Now I'll just need to train myself to stop poking it!

Basically if anyone has a painless (or painful) lump in there mouth, see a dentist and they can check if it's normal, or if it needs any treatment. It's worth doing its made my mind much more at ease!

Ben