PDA

View Full Version : Had to laugh

sam66
05-03-12, 19:39
I rang my ex husband tonight, family issues going on, on his side and just wanted to know all was ok, got onto the dentist subject as I have a nasty infection and have a well known fear of the dentist, explained to him I have to go back and have extractions.
He is worse than me at the dentist, but stated he will come and sit with me while I wait but that he couldnt go in while having the treatment, I asked 'can you not come in and hold my hand'?

His reply was I held your hand thro childbirth I still aint got the feeling back, I replied 'hurts doesnt it'

Mountainclimber
05-03-12, 19:43
GOOD ONE! Check out Dental phobias on this sight. Good luck, stay positive :yesyes:

sam66
05-03-12, 19:58
ok read the dental phobia, yes I have all of those!, my dentist speaks very little English so explaining is worthless, the last time I had extractions by an emergency dentiist I was told 'if I didnt behave' she couldnt treat me even tho I suffered weeks of infections and pain, its always nice to know that out there, someone understands :/

kittikat
05-03-12, 20:15
Hi Sam, could you get the receptionist to speak to the dentist for you? Also, I know you're not on meds, but if you phobia is that bad, maybe you doc could give you something to calm you before the appointment? Just a thought. I suppose it was good of the X to offer to go with you and I like your response to him....that ought to get him thinking lol....Lots of love hun xxx

sam66
05-03-12, 20:26
Thanks flower xxx

bignik
05-03-12, 21:07
ask gp for a couple of diazepam , or dentist to put you under , its what I do , I got an injection by dentist and although could see what was going on was totally relaxed and didnt feel a thing ... and that was my back teeth , big ones ...