PDA

View Full Version : quick question

ZD
05-03-12, 20:39
Why i is it you go for an x ray and they tell you after you ve anxiously waited in a room full of lifeless people see your gp in 7 days !!!!! why do they do this , if there was any thing would they have let me know or will they make me suffer for 7 days ???

carefree68
05-03-12, 20:46
Real Bummer, but unfortunately its a waiting game. Not sure why, but they cant say.

ZD
05-03-12, 20:48
Thanks carefree68 , i ll have to wait by the sounds of it , i hate the waiting game always makes me feel worse xx

LauraSmith27
05-03-12, 21:15
When you have an x-ray, it has to be checked by a doctor before you can get the result, hence the wait. It is frustrating, but I suppose they have to check thoroughly. I don't think radiographers are qualified enough to diagnose on their own.

carefree68
05-03-12, 21:25
No they are not. They operate the machinery and send the results to a qualified doctor.
good luck though fingers crossed.:hugs:

haz
05-03-12, 21:35
As others have said, radiographers may not be qualified but I'd say they're pretty good at spotting anything serious.

When I had an xray on my foot to see if it was broken, it was and they told me.

Had another two x-rays, other foot and chest which were clear and they told me to see GP in 7 days.

No news is good news. Try not to worry.

Haz. :)

ZD
05-03-12, 22:58
Thanks for all your replies , think I ll text my GP tomorrow and see , lucky to have this privilege , he's a good family friend so quite lucky , it's easy for people to say it ll be fine or wait but as you all know not easy when you have HA. But thanks every one xx