PDA

View Full Version : Heart and chest scares

Shigo13
06-03-12, 04:38
A little background me. I'm a 21 year old male. I have been suffering with GAD some OCD and panic disorder for about 5 years now. Its been an uohill battle let me tell you. Ok so I am going to try to keep this short and sweet but I really need some reassurance or any type of input I am so worried. So lately I've been having this storage feeling in my heart. It feels like a flop and a tickle squeezing like shock feeling? It will happen once like 10 times a day and sometimes it will happen back to back for a minute or so. I went to the doctor and had an EKG done as well as wore a Holter Monitor for 24 hours. Everything came back normal. I didn't have any issues For a couple weeks then these heart episodes came back for a couple days and is having me worried. I had had a bunch today and I was so scared I got my dad to take me to urgent care. I got another EKG done and everything came back normal. However by blood pressure was rather high. so I'm on a low dose bp med called bystolic. My Bp is really high for my age. Can someone relate? I feel like I'm dying, I'm really scared.

ewood79
06-03-12, 05:11
Sorry you are having a hard time.... Anxiety and panic can cause your BP to raise to a high level.... What was it out of interest sake?

Your palps or flutters are normal too.... You need to reassure yourself that your results are fine and the doctors have given you a thorough check over....

Hang in there mate.... Maybe make an appt with your Gp again and discuss some other types of treatments like CBT or Anti depressants or meditating....

Be sure to remember your breathing exercises etc and just remember its just your anxiety!

Shigo13
06-03-12, 17:01
Thank you. I started the bystolic last night and I've had far less flutters right off the bat. It is a beta blocker. I also feel more relaxed. My bp was 156 over 90 with 86bpm. I check my blood pressure daily. My doc wanted me to measure it at home because he thought I just had white coat syndrome. It was always reading me as pre hypertensive or stage 1 hypertensive. Honestly I was not surprised. I have bad anxiety all the time, I work at a corporate office for 9 hours a day, eat poorly, smoke, and barley exercise. So alot I it is my fault. I'm working on quiting smoking and getting back to treating myself better.

Mountainclimber
06-03-12, 17:48
Yes!/ hang on in there, it will pass, remember its just a mind trick and your body is responding to it. As hard as it is try and distract yourself from it. IT WILL PASS. Stay positive. All the best from a friend in Ireland :yesyes:

pablo22
06-03-12, 20:46
i get shit like this all they time! hang in there kitty lol #irishfriendnumber2

Tommya77
06-03-12, 23:59
Sounds like white coat to me. I went to urgent care a couple months back, and my BP was 160/100 which is insane high for me. I am a 120/75 type of person. I was so worked up and anxious, that it sent my bp through the roof. The nurse told me to think of something that made me very happy in life. So I closed my eyes and thought my kids and my wife with me on a beach ( I know cheesy). She checked again, and it was 128/84. Just a minute later.

I am in America as well, and it is sad we have to go all the way over the pond to get help. America health care is pure shyt. If you ever need to chat, I am usually on. You are to young to feel like this, and we can fix it together.

Get better,

Tommy

Shigo13
08-03-12, 20:29
Sounds like white coat to me. I went to urgent care a couple months back, and my BP was 160/100 which is insane high for me. I am a 120/75 type of person. I was so worked up and anxious, that it sent my bp through the roof. The nurse told me to think of something that made me very happy in life. So I closed my eyes and thought my kids and my wife with me on a beach ( I know cheesy). She checked again, and it was 128/84. Just a minute later.

I am in America as well, and it is sad we have to go all the way over the pond to get help. America health care is pure shyt. If you ever need to chat, I am usually on. You are to young to feel like this, and we can fix it together.

Get better,

Tommy

Thanks for the advice tommy. Well I would measure my Bo at home and it would be pretty high as the doctor office readings. Truth is I'm wrapped tight and anxious all the time! These beta blockers the doc gave me are taking away my physical symptoms but I'm always tired an my mental anxiety symptoms are still here :/ ugh! I'm so over this!