PDA

View Full Version : Doing some really good things

W.I.F.T.S.
25-06-06, 11:24
I'm the Social Coordinator (voluntary) for my local health club and I've set up all kinds of sports teams and groups and I've done things quite easily that I wouldn't have felt very confident about before I became ill! I've stood in the reception area and handed out questionnaires and chatted to people about them. I've called companies and tried to get free stuff out of them. I've organised teams and training sessions!!

It is really good for my confidence because I've been a member of the gym for about three years and most times no one would have known who I was and now I go in and all the staff know me pretty well and I always end up chatting to people in there and bumping into people that I know. I feel respected and much more attractive to people, people want to talk to me about stuff. And I've noticed the same thing at work.

I feel like I'm developing a network and it's very exciting. My ambition with it is to get a lot of the members onto my website, where I can hopefully earn a bit of a living, but also to have a large group of people there with whom I would feel confident going on trips (including abroad) with. I'm kind of agrophobic, I get very anxious leaving my home town, so that would be a huge thing for me.

I do really feel that things are on the up at the moment and that I've got a lot more 'boxes' in my life, as Susan Jeffers would put it. I guess I'm just a bit impatient for things to move on and the people that I'm playing sports with to become social friends too and for the website to start making money. I know I do need to relax though. Life would be so much better if I could just let go of all my tension- I know it will happen. Things are definitely on the up!!!!

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

Karen
25-06-06, 11:30
Great progress WIFTS. Well done.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

emmy
25-06-06, 11:49
well done hope you get to your aims little steps like you are doing and you will be traveling the world..

emily xxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

nomorepanic
25-06-06, 14:20
Well done to you

Sounds like you are really enjoying it as well which is most important.

Good luck with it all.

Nicola

Southern_Belle
25-06-06, 15:14
Great job, I'm glad you are feeling more positive about yourself. I think taking action always helps.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

emma chant
25-06-06, 20:46
HI,really glad things are looking good.Well done.

e chant

heths
26-06-06, 20:03
It's good to hear things are going well for you. Well Done [8D] :D

Heather x