PDA

View Full Version : mucus when going to loo

lorraine
06-03-12, 14:35
hi

Have had this before a couple of times but not quite as bad. Went to the loo thinking i was busting for a poo when I went it was just clear mucus with lots of wind sorry to be sooo graphic! I have had flu and been in bed for a couple of days. My belly aches a bit and im very windy. Have suffered with ibs in the past. I am also really nervous as i have got to go in for a small op tomorrow just a day stay. Its happened 3 times today.

Anybody had anything like this???????

Lorraine

macc noodle
07-03-12, 07:04
I have suffered this once and it scared me to death!!!

But my mum said she has it whenever she has a bout of IBS - whatever u do don't bother visiting Dr Google and asking about mucus in stool cos it only comes up with domesday answers!!

If it happens again I would mention it to yr GP .

Good luck with yr op. Today

Macc N

xxlisaxx08
07-03-12, 07:08
Passing mucus is very common with ibs so it's very unlikely that it's anything to worry about. I've been having the same thing for months except I've been having lots of blood too. Sigmoidoscopy showed an inflammation in bowels & currently waiting results of biopsies that were taken. Probably some sort of ibd in my case. If it gets worse definitely go get it checked x

Aussie11
09-03-12, 15:16
I had this last year, was very scary! But was then told it was common of a bad IBS flare up, particularly happens when stressed or anxious. Lasted 2 or 3 days and then went back to normal.