PDA

View Full Version : ive actually applied for a job!!

sickandtired
06-03-12, 15:50
well,after being out of work for over 2 years and totally losing my confidence,because of panic attacks,anx and depression....Ive finally applied for a job!
I cant believe Ive actually filled out the application form....sat there for a while....looking,wondering (its a dinnerlady job,lol)
and being too scared to email the form.....but then I thought..."ah Ive nowt to lose" and clicked 'send'
omg.....would if i get an interview!:ohmy:

ElizabethJane
06-03-12, 15:54
Is that cooking or looking after the children? Best of luck anyway. EJ

AnotherNewYear
06-03-12, 15:55
Well done Donna !!

Doing something new for the first time (or the first time in a while) can be scary but it can also be exciting.. try and hold on to the excited feeling and not allow the anx to come through.

A truly deserved WELL DONE to you !! ...and good luck in getting an interview (keep us posted)

ANY

sickandtired
06-03-12, 16:02
thank you! it was quite impulsive.....well maybe not as Ive been wanting a job for ages,but just didnt have the confidence...or motivation to go for it.
I went to the job centre this morning....ugh...it stank! and there was nothing.....so I came home and looked online.....
I got excited ,imagining myself back in work,in a routine,not stuck at home panicking,cleaning (and worrying about my kids) all day.....
Ive even been for a walk with my friend....for an hour!!! walked for half an hour yesterday so,in all,a really good few days....:D

Mountainclimber
06-03-12, 16:04
Well done, thats the spirit, positive thinking. Good Luck :flowers:

sickandtired
06-03-12, 16:08
cheers xxx

pinkdove
06-03-12, 16:30
hey that is great news , just think it's the first step to getting better....good luck xx

snowgoose
06-03-12, 17:17
hello :D

this is wonderful news ....and so well done you :yesyes
am delighted for you to have done the application form and have taken that next step .....that must have taken courage and you did it !!! so so pleased .
You are a star and inspiration for us all
Good luck .:hugs:
snow xx

angel wings
06-03-12, 17:21
well done you and goodluck !!!!! :)

sickandtired
06-03-12, 17:34
thanks for the best wishes,I,ll keep you posted! xx

lizerie
06-03-12, 17:39
That's so great! :yesyes:

LAURA48
06-03-12, 19:16
Well done you - hope you get it - really positive outcome:hugs:

bignik
06-03-12, 19:22
well done and all the best on your application :)

cathycrumble
06-03-12, 23:02
Good for you Donna I hope you hear somthing I know how hard it is applying I have been trying myself well a couple of weeks ago but I have not done so the last 2 weeks as it can take it out of you lol.

Keep us posted. :yesyes:

Cathy xx

sickandtired
07-03-12, 10:07
thanks everyone xx
yes cathy,it is disheartening....I went for a job interview about a year ago,but it was a disaster...I was a nervous wreck and my self esteem was shot at.I felt very low and disappointed when they didnt even contact me,just to say,"sorry,you havent been successful"
I saw this other job online
I just thought..while Im feeling good....go for it!
how you feeling now anyway Cathy? what meds you on,sorry if I already asked....my short term memory is crap,lol

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 10:20
feel bad this morning feel sick and anxious yet I went to bed feeling ok. I am on day 13 of sertraline I havent been feeling too bad but this is 5 days on 100. I started on 50 so maybe it is upping the dose.

Good luck with you job. I have applied but they never get back to you.

Cathy xx