PDA

View Full Version : Almost floored by anxiety

ElizabethJane
06-03-12, 15:53
I suppose that I have been having a blip recently. My anxiety levels have increased and my mood has dipped. My GP will not change my meds unless I'm not coping which I am at the moment. I had to go for my lithium blood test today. Before I had even got into the blood place my anxiety levels were soaring. I needed the loo and had to start some deep breathing. This calmed me a little. It felt a bit like being in pain as music would not touch me and I was having some sort of strange waking dream. It was a classic panic attack as I thought something dreadful would happen. I thought that I would still go in even though I was feeling faint and light headed. Most of the anxiety went after I had had the blood test. I barely felt the needle go in. So why all that anxiety?

Mountainclimber
06-03-12, 16:02
Its just the mind playing tricks on you, remember think positive forget the panic attack happened. Your fine. Be positive for the rest of the day, relax and have a nice warm drink. Good Luck:yesyes:

pinkdove
06-03-12, 16:35
hi ej, i am the same i used to faint getting blood taken :blush: but i tell them now i am anxious, and that helps, rather that bottling it all up.

it must have been awfull for you feeling like that, you do seem to be having a blip just now, but it will be just a blip, and the fact that you felt better after the blood test is a good sign.

i know an episode like that can leave you feeling quite drained . so put your feet up hun, and relax the rest of the day, and i hope you feel better soon xx :hugs:

ElizabethJane
06-03-12, 16:45
Thank you but I've been to work which was good as it took my mind off things for a while. Now back home and I'm anxious again. I think that I'll have to ride it out. This is so unlike me. EJ

Mountainclimber
06-03-12, 17:03
Relax, put ya feet up, have a cuppa. and remember no negative thoughts for the rest of the day. Have fun:yesyes:

pinkdove
06-03-12, 17:07
hi ej, you have done so well to go to work, i miss work, sometimes i think we have too much time to think, i.m better when i'm occupied, take it easy it will pass xx

snowgoose
06-03-12, 17:10
Hi EJ:)
I am concerned for you . Wonder if you should contact your psychiatrist maybe ?
I have read your recent posts and you seem low .....and if your music isnt helping as much as usual .....?
I hate to think of you having panic attack today .But our bodies and minds warn us ......so please make appt with your psychs secretary tomorrow if you can xx
Maybe just some tweaking with meds needed or talk therapy
is there a trigger ?
take care and thinking of you
snow :hugs:

ElizabethJane
06-03-12, 17:22
Thanks Snowy I'm definitely having a blip. Went to see my GP last week and she says as I'm coping then no change in my meds. Anxiety seems to have increased and as Dr J is so expensive (private) then I feel I need to have a good reason to see him. My close work buddy is in Australia and I'm working with someone who does not really know the job. It increases my anxiety as I'm wondering when to pitch in and help. I'm singing in a concert at the weekend (Haydn Nelson mass and Mozart Vespers) plus I'm losing my singing teacher (moving to Worcester) Have this amazing relationship with him and it will be difficult to find someone as good or with an amazing rapport. I'm not exaggerating. I have some diazepam which I might use. Thanks for your concern I'll see how I am in the next few days. EJ.

snowgoose
06-03-12, 18:07
Hi
you certainly have enough triggers there Ej .
No wonder you feel vulnerable and anxious .

I think that taking a diazepam now and then for now is good idea in the meantime . so do it xx

The safe ground has shifted under your feet with dear people to you not near or available .
and your bereavement is still raw .
very very understandable that you feel vulnerable and anxious .
see how you go EJ .........but dont let this feeling escalate .
let us know how you are
and maybe play something soothing like The Lark Ascending ??
you tube has a lot of nice stuff for sure xxxxxx

My sister is singing Brahms Requiem this weekend .
:hugs:

ElizabethJane
06-03-12, 18:15
Thanks Snowgoose. There is a lot going on. I have only just sorted out Dad's headstone and that could take eight weeks or longer as it is a refurbishment. His name and dates will be added to Mum's. They take the whole lot off, clean the stone and start again. The Brahms requiem is lovely. Is she singing it in German? EJ

haz
06-03-12, 18:16
Sorry to hear you're not feeling any better yet. When I was on lithium it was a psychiatric nurse who used to take my bloods. Is it the same for you? Did they notice you were anxious? Did you discuss how you were feeling with them?

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Haz.

snowgoose
06-03-12, 18:28
Hi EJ
Yes she is singing it in German .
the conductor is Russian, an immigrant to Canada and very strict and they love him and quake in equal measure :winks:

snow xxx

ElizabethJane
06-03-12, 21:57
Haz I felt very anxious but not about the bloods just anxious. I go to an NHS clinic (not the hospital) and have an appointment. I don't get any monitoring apart from at the doctors. I'm sure that Dr J would be interested in seeing me but I'm not sure if I want to take any more drugs. Snowgoose I have only sung the German Requiem in English. Should be sung in German. Just back from a rehearsal and feel less anxious. EJ.