PDA

View Full Version : Fear I am having a heart attack !!!

Spike78
06-03-12, 15:55
Hi everyone,

Not posted on here for a few weeks but today I am so worried I am going to have a heart attack. My biggest fear is my heart and I have had loads of checks, all of which have come back normal. I don't have any coronary heart disease but I am still worried I could have a heart attack.

My GP didn't help matters as when I raised it with him he said anyone can have a heart attack regardless about whether you have CAD or not.

Today I have a really bad sharp pain under my left breast - does anyone else get pains here.

Please help I am so worried ....

pearl79
06-03-12, 16:02
I do when I'm stressed or been lifting my young son around... I find its always my left side.... its actually the only symptom of ha that I can ignore!! xx

Mountainclimber
06-03-12, 16:08
A stress pain, thats what it is, forget having a heart attack its just negative thoughts, each time you get the thought say to yourself, so what i will deal with it if it ever happens, but it wont. be positive. :shades:

pearl79
06-03-12, 16:11
ace comments murphys law xx

Spike78
06-03-12, 17:13
Thanks guys. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Still worrying. Pain not there anymore (I think) but I always have that fear - what if ....

I have had SO many checks including a CT Cardiac Scan (at my request) and all have come back normal which is a good thing. I worry so much because my dad died suddenly aged 61 of heart failure and ever since I think I have something wrong with my heart. BTW I am a 38 year old female, normal BP, low cholesterol, normal weight etc. etc.

Mountainclimber
06-03-12, 17:16
So your in good health then, remember thoughts cannot harm you, stay positve and good luck :flowers:

stamags
06-03-12, 18:50
Know how u feel, my mother had cardiac arrest last April and I was with her at the time,did cpr till ambulance arrived. Since Decem ber I have had panic attacks and convinced I am having a heart attack.o

Danii
09-03-12, 21:58
I had this same fear, had all the tests, finally kind of realized I couldn't possibly be having a heart attack everytime I felt the pain or pressure because I would have basically had about 20 a day.

Then one night I decided to leave my house for the first time in a while, went to a bar nearby with my friend, and some woman had a heart attack while I was there. Right back to square one.

ciccone-hassell
09-03-12, 22:15
hi i'm the same i had ecgs and holter last year been getting left chest pain since 2001 " my job then involved lifting/dragging a huge floor polisher machine " but do alot lifting in my job daily and get twinges in my left side of chest have had tests dune and nothing has been found which i no is good but i'm convinced that i have heart problem i became obsest with checking pulse " which in fairness is become really a healthy level ( 65 to 70 bph resting pulse ) i just cant hadle the twinges and constant fear " also i find when i lay down i notice heart beat as well i visited google :( that didnt help but spoken to doc before but he said if everyone took noitce of it we prob all hear are heart beating , i just didnt no if anyone else gets this , thanks mark :) again i no lol but i trust ppl here