PDA

View Full Version : Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Pages : [1] 2

Joannatm
06-03-12, 18:05
I've changed from Citrolpram 40mg to sertraline 50 mg 4 days ago and have also started my PMT about 5 days ago. I'm now feeling rather tearful and negative thoughts again. Does anyone else feel like this during the change and also PMT as I hate these feelings. How good is sertraline compared to cit? Doctor said I wont feel worse on the change but I may not feel better and she may have to up it in two weeks time?

Jo x

alfredo1
07-03-12, 10:23
Hi there

I also switched from citalopram to sertraline. This is week 4 for me. I was on 50mg for 2 weeks, and this is week 2 at 100mg. The switch was not too bad but I’ve only just started feeling OK. I’ve put on weight already, so I’m going to watch this very closely. That’s the only side effect. Loss of appetite for the first few days and a bit of an upset tummy. Apart from that, all OK.

I was on 40mg of citalopram but it stopped working for me. I was on and off of it for over 6 years.

vetran32
07-03-12, 10:28
Hi Alfredo glad your feeling better ive had a few bettter days.I had the upset stomach thing but its gone now these tablets havent realy gave me any other side affects which is a bonus hope i keep improving :D

Joannatm
13-03-12, 13:12
Hi Alfredo and vertran

I had a quite good week last week but yesterday and today feeling down tearful and fed up. I've only been on 50 mg for 11 days now. Suppose it's going to take time? Also been up all night with my little 2 year old as he's got cold and think I am getting one as got headache so don't think that helps hey.

How long have you guys been on the tablets and what strength.

I'm calling doctor next week when it hits the two weeks stage and tell her how I'm feeling. Is 50 mg quite low as I was on 40 of citrolpram which is quite high on that one.

Jo x

nicola1980
13-03-12, 13:15
Hi as far as im aware 50mg of sertaline is equivalent to 20mg of cit so it sounds like your not on a high enough dose compared to what you was on on cit xx

Joannatm
13-03-12, 13:18
Thanks Nicola. Kinda don't understand these different doses. The doctor said when she changed it that I may not notice any difference but I won't get worse and she's right at the moment. But I'm only on day 11 and suppose it takes minimum two weeks. What are you on? How you feeling?

xx

nicola1980
13-03-12, 13:26
Ive just been changed to venlafaxine, had a rough couple of days with side effects but feeling calmer today xx

Joannatm
13-03-12, 13:28
How many have you tried out? Do you feel same anxious tearful etc? How long you been like that? x

nicola1980
13-03-12, 13:46
This will be my third, im cross tapering off mirtazepine onto the venlafaxine, i was on cit prior to this which has always worked for me in the past but unfortunatly it didn't this time, i did give it a good 5 months to kick in but nope :mad: up until today ive been really tearfull and my anxiety has rocketed but todays better xx

LAURA48
13-03-12, 13:58
Hi Joanne it is day 11 for me on sertraline 50mg - will go up to 100mg at the weekend (as have been breaking in half) tbh have felt quite tearful today and down - wasn't too bad last week or yesterday - guess it's a rocky road at the moment. I am expecting it to take weeks tbh 4/6 weeks. Prozac first time around took around 8 weeks. They do not work quick unfortunately but will see it through - this is my third antidepressant - 1st - prozac for 15 good years, then stopped working due to a bereavement in Oct 2011 - upped the dose made me worse, then switched to mirtazapine - didn't do anything except made me eat too much and now Sertraline (my doc said I needed to be on 100mg as 50mg would not touch me but wanted to break myself in gently). Good Luck anyway. Laura

Nicola - glad you are feeling calmer today - has your mood lifted at all or is it still early days. Take care Laura

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Joanne - yes I have been very anxious today

Joannatm
13-03-12, 14:18
Blooming nightmare hey Laura. How long you been like this? Was there a trigger recently?

Does my head in feeling like this different every day. Doesn't help being tired with my little boy awake most of the night! I'm thinking it takes two weeks or more. I was on prozac with my first 9 years ago for about a year and it worked well. This time after my second child they put me on Citrolpram but didn't think it worked well as still felt on edge especially PMT time. Now I'm on Sertaline and she did say it may not improve but it won't get worse. So I will call next week. Like ya said 50 mg isn't that high.

Glad you're feeling calmer today Nicola too.

We'll all get there in the end hey.

x

nicola1980
13-03-12, 14:20
Hi laura my moods alot better today but as you know tomo could be another story! X x

LAURA48
13-03-12, 14:32
Yes Joanne it is a nightmare - my trigger started in October when I had a bereavement - life hasn't been the same since but will give the Sertraline a try - day 11 so it is early days - feels ages lol. Just so fed up like us all!

Joannatm
16-03-12, 11:55
Presume a cold makes you feel worse. feel real miserable. wish meds kick in. how'd rvetuonr doing? X

cathycrumble
16-03-12, 11:58
How long you been on them now Joan.

I been on 50 for 22 days and i still feel high anxiety.

Cathy xx

Joannatm
19-03-12, 13:45
still got stinking cold and feeling rubbish. doctor.today as put ne in 100 mg. i starting to think i.just not happy in life any more! x

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

been in thm two weeks doctor Saudi they should have kicked.in as i been in citrolpram before them so they should have kicked in.

Joannatm
22-03-12, 11:40
Been put on 100 mg sertaline and feeling rubbish and no energy. Is this normal. Only been on for 3 days but fed up and feeling rubbish. If norm how long does this normally last?

Jo x

alfredo1
22-03-12, 12:54
stick with the 100mg

You'll get bad anxiety for a couple of weeks and maybe even feel a lot more depressed but stick with the meds.

You will also have your up days and then your downs days too.

I have been on it for 6 weeks now. 50mg for 2 weeks, then 100mg then last week I upped to 125mg. I seem to be having more better days now than not. My head feels so much clearer. I do wake up in the morning with anxiety, but this seems to ease off as the day goes on.

Yesterday I felt very tearful in the morning, a bit of paranoia too, but by the end of the day I felt on a much stable level.

This morning I work up with very high anxiety, but its eased off and I feel quite euphoric at the moment (long may it continue!)

Tomorrow it could all change though but I’ll keep you posted.

Also, one thing to point out, ive laid of alcohol a lot this week. I’ve cut down immensely which could also been a factor to take into consideration. I was informed by someone on this site that alcohol makes the meds less effective.

Good luck - keep us posted on your progression!
x

Joannatm
22-03-12, 12:57
But why stick with it if it not working for you? I so fed up with ups and downs. All I want to be is a happy mother and enjoy being at home, gym friends. Getting so fed up. About two weeks ago I had a good few days but had cold ever since last week and still got cold and sore throat today. FED UP TEARFUL. Drives me up the wall as all my friends at home are normal why not ME!!!

x

p.s. Sorry for moaning.

alfredo1
22-03-12, 13:24
That's what this site is all about venting!!

I'm sticking with the sert because on the good days, i am so relieved to feel that way, and the goods days are becoming more frequent.

I have been so low since the beginning of December. That’s a long time – 4 months.

I was so low – felt at rock bottom – so much so, I often thought I was going to top myself if I didn’t get out of this hole. I didn’t want to go out, didn’t want to speak to anyone, felt numb, flat, cried loads and missed my ex painfully (still do!)

I went to Goa a month ago, and laid on the sofa a few hours before my flight crying and felt anxious that I nearly didn’t go but I pushed myself – God know how I done it.

But now, I’m feeling different. Today I feel like I have that spring in my step back. I’m excited about things. It’s a very slow process/progress but I’m sticking with the sertraline because like I say the good days are becoming more and more.

Even my sister said to my mum at the weekend that I was different, I was chatty etc, I was more interactive. The last time I went, I didn’t even want to play with my nephews, who I adore.

So the key is to feed off the positive threads on here. OK, some meds don’t work for some people, but you have to at least give them 8 weeks to kick in.

Try and say positive. You’re only on day 3 of 100mg, they will make you worst before you’re better, but stick with it and you’ll be relieved.

Joannatm
22-03-12, 14:11
Thank you so much for replying. Sounds like you've had a horrible horrible time of it. I've been like this since October and was on citrolpram before this.

I was wondering whether going up from 50 mg to 100 mg has side effects especially day 3 of it? So frustrating got no go in me. I sometimes think I need to get back to an office job, I'm a childminder for before and after school and normall love it. but I don't want go back to office work as want to be with my kiddies and I hve the opportunity. So difficult. Is it ME!

Got this blooming cold and so has my son and no energy only been a week of cold doesn't help. Does that make sertaline not work?

I don't know much about it.

Jo x

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Thanks so much it's nice to hear a good story as half the time we hear bad ones.

There's hope. Like you for me it's been a long journey.

Jo x

jimsmrs
23-03-12, 14:12
Hi Jo,

I've just upped mine to 100mg, I had 3 good days and now I just feel sick all of the time. I think I've had just about every side effect! I heard that Sertraline is quite a slow one to act, they effect people in different ways.
I've read posts on here were one or two have had no side effects.

What keeps me going is the relief I'll feel when they do kick in.
try and stick with them
xx

Joannatm
26-03-12, 19:11
Thanks so much. I've had a few good days so keep fingers crossed. How you feeling?x

jimsmrs
28-03-12, 13:28
Hi

sickness passed last night, today 2 weeks on 100mg, 5 weeks altogether, 3wks on 50mg. feeling much brighter, but will just take a day one day at a time.

How are you getting on?

Joannatm
29-03-12, 19:45
that's great to hear. lets how gets better. well Tuesday and Wednesday felt nearly myself and then BANG today feel crap tired.tearful anxious and to make it worse.pmt. really thought wow back.to norm! was on 50 mg for two weeks and now 100 mg on one half weeks. suppose early days! can anyone.put my mind at rest as feel they not working x

Joannatm
30-03-12, 10:03
feel tearful today but can't cry. on pmt too. three weeks now on sertraline and not sure working. doctor said as was on cit these ones should kick in quickly. not sure. help! x

alfredo1
30-03-12, 10:50
Hi Joan
I'm sorry to say, i've not really having much improvement with Sertraline. I'm losing weight, anxiety is high. I'm worrying out my mind about my job. I am off to the doctors later today as i think i should be feeling a little calm by now.
I seem to have the odd really good day, then bang, like you, hit rock bottom again.
I just want to feel happy, at ease etc. But I don't and its frustrating.
I was 2 weeks on 50mg, 2 weeks on 100mg now i'm only 125mg.

I'll have to see what the doc says but to be honest, he's not really that good. He'd throw anything at me!!

Joannatm
30-03-12, 13:27
oh my that's not good gutted for you. keep me informed x

Joannatm
04-04-12, 16:23
how's everyone feeling. been two weeks on 100mg and still feel.rubbish. x

alfredo1
04-04-12, 17:49
God, still so up and down. I've reduced mine to 100mg as 125mg too much.

I felt awful this morning, this arvo, feeling much better. A lot clearer and head not as fuzzy, not as anxious but then agian, tomorrow morning could be another story.

I am giving it 2 more weeks max, then i give up on the sertraline. Its nearly 8 weeks for me.

they say at least give it 4 weeks on the same dose before making a decision

Joannatm
05-04-12, 09:19
keep me informed how you get on.hope starts to work. i still pmt so doesn't help hey x how's everyone else young on tabs.

alfredo1
05-04-12, 11:40
I was PMT last week now I'm thinking that made everythnig 10 times worst.
I'm feeling a lot better, yesterday afternoon & today. I've woken up with no anxiety whatsoever. My mood is lifted (even tho its gloomy outside)

I'm actually excited about this weekend. Also, not obsessing/thinking about my ex too.

Hopefully, i'm turning a corner.......I shall keep posting.

Kel
xxxxxxx

cathycrumble
05-04-12, 12:06
Glad to hear it kel.

Cathy xx:yesyes:

jimsmrs
05-04-12, 13:23
Glad you're feeling brighter, I seem to have hit a bit of a blip, started on sert 6 weeks today, 3 weeks 50mg and now 100mg for 3 weeks and was feeling really pleased. woke up yesterday and felt as though tabs had worn off, felt sick and really jittery, not too bad today, but feel as though somethings not quite right.

Joannatm
06-04-12, 11:39
so pleased kel. fingers crossed for you. how long been on them? I've been camping this week so put hardly slept and changed tablets now from taking in evening to taking in morning to see.if made difference. when do you guys take yours? is it still early days for you jimsmrs? i been on 50 mg for two weeks and 100 mg for three weeks. x

jimsmrs
06-04-12, 12:41
I take mine just before bed, around 10pm. But felt like this when I hit 3 weeks on the 50mg that's why GP upped them to 100mg, and again feel the same, jumpy, nervy insides, tightness in the throat. Let's know how you get on with your time change

Lesley
x

alfredo1
06-04-12, 14:33
feeling very bad again today. Anxious, sad, nervous belly bit zombie like. I just don't think sertraline is for me. I'm losing weight on them and its 8 weeks now. I'm having to really eat a lot to keep the weight on. I have to give it a cut off time as i can't go on like this anymore. I just can't see any light at the moment. I've been depressed since december and now its starting to take its toll.

jimsmrs
06-04-12, 16:50
It's getting me down aswell. I'm back at my GP in 2 weeks that'll be 8 weeks on these, hoping this will pass, couldn't face a change to something else with all the side effects

LAURA48
06-04-12, 16:56
Kel - been reading your posts re Setraline - personally they should well be working - I would have a word with your doctor.

Take care Laura x

Joannatm
07-04-12, 11:55
sounds like it.not working for you. i feel like it damping it down but still not right. only four weeks. anyone else like that? any positive feedback on these tablets? x

Worriedgirl87
07-04-12, 19:19
I'm on almost 5 weeks. Im getting better but also have terrible days, depresse days. But my anxiety isn't as
Bad. And
My OCD has improved.
I still feel sick. I started off with 25 mg now I'm at 100 mg.

I don't feel cured I Feel sad and depressed.

And yesterday I felt really weird like I got really hot all of a sudden and thought I was gonna throw up. And it went away after a few
Seconds.

Joannatm
07-04-12, 19:45
its a nightmare. do hope starts to kick in soon for you. you going back doctors? take care. x
why do they take so long to kick in.

Joannatm
08-04-12, 13:29
oh my the tears and anxious today. do you think it because i changed back from taking in morning to taking at night as thinking about it i took one lot in morning then changed to evening that night. so fed up when it going to kick in. three weeks on 100 mg feel like coming off. x

jimsmrs
08-04-12, 14:01
Did you take 100mg in the morning then 100mg again in the evening within the same day, less than 24 hrs in between doses????? If you did that's more than likely why you're feeling like crap.

Hope you're ok
Lesley
xx

Joannatm
08-04-12, 14:06
stupid me yes. as didn't like taking in mornings so changed to that night. didn't think one would affect me like that. i tired in tears! i hope it will calm down. how's you doing? three weeks on 100 mg and no change really. think just me ! how you doing on yours. does it work for anyone as all i hear is negativity x

jimsmrs
08-04-12, 14:16
It should calm down, but read the leaflet in your pack,200mg is the maximum dose, if you're in doubt though, phone NHS 24 and get some advice.

My blips gone now,(more concerned about you!!!!) and feeling much more positive, I'm coming up to my 4th week on 100mg

Hope you're ok

Lesley
xx

Joannatm
08-04-12, 14:45
i be ok i think just took at wrong time hey. pleased blip gone. how long it take? four weeks sounds right x x

jimsmrs
08-04-12, 15:06
If you start to get any strange symptoms phone someone and stick to evenings in future!!! Blip passed after a couple of days, weird how they make you go up and down.

Hang on in there and try to give them a bit longer, at the correct dose!!!!!!!!!

Lesley
xx

Joannatm
08-04-12, 15:14
Thanks so much. just tearful and tired and anxiously when first started them.so pleased you feeling better i having to see doctor next week yo say how feeling. suppose three weeks early days hey. trouble is been feeling crap on off two years since little man born. just impatient. is it really slow drug! X

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

How's kez and worried.girl going? X

jimsmrs
08-04-12, 15:15
Yes I believe it's one of the slowest, I think we're all impatient, looking for the quick fix. Maybe your Hormones are still up the wall

xx

Joannatm
08-04-12, 15:21
Defy think they are especially around and after pmt . what started you.off x

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Ps nice talking to you. nice to know others feel same x

jimsmrs
08-04-12, 15:47
A Stomach Virus I had last November. GP reckons it left me with that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and that had brought on the depression and anxiety, didn't believe her though. I'd suffered from low moods before when I first hit the menopause 3 or 4 years ago, (I didn't get PMT or PND as I always went straight back on the Pill after each of my 3 were born) but never like this. I felt as though a fuse had blown in my head. Couldn't function, couldn't connect with anything,TV,reading,even my hubby, no enthusiasm to do anything or go anywhere, couldn't eat, was convinced I had some serious illness, even used to beg for an ambulance, lost all faith in my GP until she told me how I was feeling, with the disconnection with everyday things and that I was feeling as though I was on the outside looking in, classic depression symptoms.
She tried me on some of the other tabs Cit,Mirt,Prozac all gave me problems, so she put me on the Sert and put me in touch with a local group, got my first appointment this Friday, and I'm being to look forward to it.

It's nice to talk to you too, thanks for listening x

Joannatm
08-04-12, 16:18
Its awful what a virus can cause. Do feel for you as know how you feel. can't control it. what upsets me is that i got time with children andeel this awful upsets me.i had flu last Jan and than after that.i felt awful again and had to go on tablets. Feels like forever. all best. keep in touch x

Joannatm
09-04-12, 15:01
Still feeling rubbish after changing when had tablets. i presume it that! X

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Has anyone else made this mistake and if so how long till felt better. i been on 50 mg for to weeks and 100 mg for three week. i am completely lost in what to Do. Am i still impatient or should i go back factors x help x

jimsmrs
09-04-12, 16:08
Hi Jo
sorry to hear you're still feeling rough. 5 weeks altogether and you're not feeling any better, you may need another week, but in the meantime, try and get an appointment this week with your GP

Joannatm
09-04-12, 17:08
Felt ok last week but yesterday and today bad but could be because taking too many on that one day! ix how you today? X

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

How you feeling kel ? How long you been on them x

Littlemadam
10-04-12, 08:38
Hi everyone,

Is there room for a little one on this thread? :D

I've been on them nearly two weeks now (upped dose to 100mg last Weds). Had weekend from hell, crying, scared I was losing my other half, had a break down in front of him. I'm putting it down to me adjusting to these new tablets, and know the way I have been is not me, so am hoping these things ware off.

How's everyone's weekend been? Joanna, how's your bad spell going? Hope you are coming through it and are over the worst of it xxx

alfredo1
10-04-12, 11:54
Hi all,
I’m still very up and down on the sert. I felt really awful at the weekend. No energy, tingly, no appetite, flippy tummy etc. Today, I’m feeling a bit brighter. Going to give it another week on the 100mg then consider something else. Trying hard with my CBT too. Keeping a mood diary etc. Going to lay of alcohol too until the weekend and see if that makes a difference

Littlemadam, I think its definitely the increase that’s caused you your breakdown. Try to stay under control and think that it’s the meds that are keeping your anxiety high.

xxxxxxx

jimsmrs
10-04-12, 15:37
Hi Joanna
Yes I'm much brighter, changed to caffiene free teabags, seems to have stopped the jumpy tummy,hope you're feeling better today xx keep posting!!!!

Hi Littlemadam,welcome to the thread!!!! I agree with Alfredo1, upping the dose can be quite scary, I'm coming to my 7th week, 3wks on 50mg and nearly 4 weeks on 100mg and I have the occasional blip, so sure yours will pass xx keep posting!!

Hi Alfredo1 glad you're feeling a little better today, just read a post on another thread from Yogi, she says she started to feel total relief after 3 months on Sert xx Keep postingxx

Joannatm
10-04-12, 17:13
Hi guys

nice you joining us little madam its good to share. Awful what you have to go through before chemical settle.you'll get there.
today i okish but been busy which helps. still having.moments lots. only been on two werkd 50 mg and three weeks in 100 mg. presuming still early days. Like you kel i had awful weekend.

Like you kel up and down every day. how many weeks you on it? hoping like you j get there. you can email any day to talk. well get therr all if us.

So glad you feeling better jimsmrs. keep me posted everyone. we get there together x x

alfredo1
10-04-12, 17:37
hi ladies, I've been on them 9 weeks altogether. Two weeks on 50mg, 2 weeks on 100mg, 2 weeks on 125mg now 3rd week on 100mg (I think!!!). I went up to 125mg too soon - got very bad anxiety felt really zombie so dropped back down to 100mg.

So up and down. Today is the best day i've had yet, but then i've had brilliant days before too.............I don't hold my breath!!!!!
It must be doing something if I am getting good days?! It is a very slow one to get into the system so I guess another 2/3 weeks and if I’m still getting more bad days, than good, I’ll come off of them.

Joannatm
11-04-12, 07:44
Like you said keep with them for few more weeks and fingers crossed. i will keep on too as only three weeks on 100 mg and also mucked up that one day by taking too may in one day didn't help. keep me posted x x

alfredo1
11-04-12, 08:51
Feeling good again today. No anxiety, no dreaded thoughts. Actually really starting to look forward and excited about things and life!!!!! I'm really keepnig everything crossed that I've turned a corner.

Littlemadam
11-04-12, 09:20
Morning guys,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome to the thread :D It's so good we are all going through the same things, and can learn from each other, support each other and have a giggle along the way.

Joanna - am glad you were busy yesterday, and it helped, sometimes it is so hard to get motivated but am glad you overcame it and rocked :yahoo:

Jimsmrs - Am glad the caffeine free tea is helping, I too have given up coffee (but cant give up one red bull a day eeek), so am hoping the cut down at least will help. Yay to no flippy tummy!!!!!

Alfredo - What an awesome turn out for the books, two days in a row proves they are definitely doing something for you! It's been a long time coming, and am so glad you are feeling awesome, long may it continue :yesyes:

Last night I had another bad one, took some diazepam in the end to calm me down, but am going to have a productive day today and list all the positive things people have said to me this week as per my CBT.

What time does everyone take their Sertraline? I started taking mine in the morning as I did Cit, and OMG I was tired and grouchy all day for the first few days, so like Joanna changed it to night times and it's actually working well as in that feeling has gone.

Can't wait to get to where Alfredo is now, proper giving me hope!! I'd love two good days!!!!!

Keep your chins up girlies :noangel:

Also ETA - Are you all anxiety sufferers or depression and anxiety? Just wondering as I am both, but anxiety is more prominent xxxxx

alfredo1
11-04-12, 09:45
All well and good, but now i'll be freaking out at the prospect of potential weight gain on them now the anxiety has lifted!!! LOL, can't win.............!!!! :ohmy:

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Littlemadam, that's good that you are putting your CBT into practice. Well done you! I hope it really works for you. Remember you are early days with the sertrailne, anxiety is defo hightened before it subsides. Unfort its a case of riding the waves....

Yes, I'm keeping everything crossed that I stay this way. This will give others hope and encouragements. xxxxxxx Have a good day everynoe x

Littlemadam
11-04-12, 09:47
Nooooooooooo, but, and a MASSIVE but (is there a pun there? :D) Atleast it's a semi normal thing to worry about, it's something you can overcome, just dont let it get out of control, and keep a beady eye on it xxxxx

cathycrumble
11-04-12, 10:08
Alfredo so glad you're feeling normal so happy for you I am up and down at the min but I have been drinking too much as had my friend up from london then went away for the weekend so drank wed thurs fri sat and sun so you can imagine I have felt crap so off the booze. I am moving going to live with my chap so nervous about that and worring about my son on his own lol I wouldnt mind but he is 30 hahahah.

When do you take your sert? I can't wait for it to kick in I have been on it now 7 weeks

Cathy xx

Littlemadam
11-04-12, 11:09
Hi Cathy :)

Congrats on moving in with your other half! That is great news! Totally understand the anxieties that go with it, but it will all be ok, a learning curve as you understand how to live with each other, but the benefits will be fantastic when you're all settled :hugs:

You're son will be fine ha ha, he just may bring all is washing over every week :-P

I'm week 2 today, and finding it a bumpy ride thus far, but hoping :D

Joannatm
11-04-12, 11:16
So so glad your second day good. onwards and upwards. i okish got tears negative thoughts of not wanting to be at home with kids so anxiety still there.

Like you both i drank last week camping most days and then mucked up my timings. I take mine at night. think best as get tired.

So three weeks on 100 mg is early says so there is hope.
How's all today?

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Ps what does your doctor say about how long? X

cathycrumble
11-04-12, 11:54
Hi Yes I have been on sert for 7 weeks I have been up and down. I just hope they help me I am on 50mg. Dont feel too good today.

I am sorry you are feeling a bit down today Joan. I think this is what we have to accept until they kick in.

Yes I feel once I move I may start to settle I have had a bumpy 2 years ie mariage breakup and I lost my job. So not good.

Cathy xx

Joannatm
11-04-12, 11:57
That is alot to deal with. seven weeks still early? You been back doctors x well get there x

jimsmrs
11-04-12, 14:12
Hi everyone, Soooooooooooooo glad you're all feeling more positive, me too !!!!!! feel really good now after a couple of blips, 7 weeks tomorrow, onwards and upwards!!!! for all of us (I hope)
I take mine at night,same time 10pm, then off to bed.

Cathy, 5yrs ago I moved from Liverpool to Scotland be with my other half. You're son will be fine. Hard yes but you'll get there, maybe it's what you need if you've had a lot to deal with

Lesley

xxx

Joannatm
11-04-12, 18:49
Oh my had bad afternoon tears and.negative. when's.it going to kick in! Fed up. x

cathycrumble
11-04-12, 19:00
Thanks Lesley I had a word with my daughter and she went mad and said mum he needs to stand on his own two feet he's 30 for gods sake! I wouldn't mind but she's only 23 and a web designer doing well and my other daughter works for the ambulance service I have no worries with them bless them. But him he never really had a job that lasts been redundent that many times. and lost a few. but he got to stand on his own now and pay his way I need my space I put up with his dad long enough I need to find myself.

I am in this anxiety habit and I got to get out of it.

Again thanks Lesley.

Cathy xx

Joannatm
11-04-12, 19:06
Having children and bringing them up is so stressful. i think things will work.out for you.

Life so stressful. x

cathycrumble
11-04-12, 19:15
Joan I was same today tears lol

They will soon kick in just got to try and hang in there.

I only got 2 diazipam left they have helped me to day.

I may have asked you but what dose sert are you on?

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Just wandering is everyone on a 100mg ?

I did try the 100 but made my anxiety worse. Just don't know what to do my gp said go up to 100 it will help my anxiety.

Think I will stay on the 50 for 3 months as that is when they surpose to kick in.

I have read a few on here have stayed on the 50mg and doing well.

Cathy xx

Joannatm
11-04-12, 19:17
How long you been on them? I on 100 mg. what about yourself. i keep thinking i bored fed up. Then get anxious tearful that i like this when i got lovely family that keep me busy. all started after i had baby number two who is now two years old i changed job and part time childminder until he goes school. loved job now get anxiety and tears. x when will i get better. x

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

I got told by doctor takes two to four week. x

cathycrumble
11-04-12, 19:29
been on them 7 weeks. Pain in the bum. just want to feel back to normal.

I had post natal depression with my first born (the son lol ) I didnt take meds I did see a psycologist and she was amazing wish I could have her now.

And my cousin helped me also and Claire Weeks books.

I do think when I had my 2nd child I was determand to not to have that pnd and I didn't. Don't ask me wheere I got the strength from but I did and I was fine after that.

Until now having to go through the marriage breakup and losing my job and a few other things have got the better of me. I am sure we will get through this. We just have to keep talking to ourselves and give ourselves the right messages like we have a great life and we have nothing to worry us and keep busy. That is why I need to move and live with my new man and hopfully get back to work and start again. Being at home is shit drives me bonkers:roflmao:

Cathy xx

Joannatm
11-04-12, 19:35
We will get through this. trouble.is i haveno worries at.all. been on 100 mg for.three weeks but before.that wad.on 50 mg for two weeks. how can doctor say.it takes.up to four weeks and i then hear other stories x

cathycrumble
11-04-12, 20:01
They havnt got a clue unless they been there.

To be honest I havnt really got any worries just what I make up lol

Cathy xx

Joannatm
11-04-12, 20:21
Does my head in silly worries and fears i have. never been like this before. bet you frustrated. x

Joannatm
12-04-12, 09:56
Still having anxious tearful day fourth day bad now. When it going to work x

Littlemadam
12-04-12, 10:13
Hi hun,

We all just need to be patient xxx rely on us and post to your hearts content to get you through the bad times. We are ill, but we are getting all the help we can and just look forward to the day when you can finally say you've overcome your anxiety/depression and know there are good times to be had xxxx

Hugs hun x

Joannatm
12-04-12, 10:14
Thanks so much. It so true we will get better x

Littlemadam
12-04-12, 10:22
Why don't you tell us what's worrying you and making you feel down? My CBT woman makes me write them down and then makes me argue those negative thoughts, so that might help x

Joannatm
12-04-12, 10:50
Being at home either kids upsets me. i love them and love being home but ever dice.having baby number.two I've got fear being at home. i try cbt too.

jimsmrs
12-04-12, 13:28
Hi Cathy, Your daughter is right, it's time for you now, you've done your bit. I've been on 100mg for 4 weeks, started on 50mg for 3 weeks. Try upping your dose slowly, instead of 50mg,try 75mg, break a 50mg tablet in half, so take one and a half tablets.

Hi Joan, Littlemadam is spot on, it's only 5weeks altogether for you, try and find a support group, where you can get counselling and CBT in your area, some are run by charities and are free to use and don't need a doctors referral. I think the time it takes for them to kick in varies from person to person, as does the amount of side effects a person suffers from
We will get there :hugs:

Just keep posting Ladies

Lesley
xxx

Joannatm
12-04-12, 15:19
I did go cbt and after six goes the finished as i was betterx

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

How's everyone feeling today x

Littlemadam
13-04-12, 09:28
Hey Joanna,

How are you feeling today? If you've had CBT are you putting any of the things you learned into practice? I find the weekly planner sooo good, where you haven't got time really to sit and think as you have filled in your time.

Can you go to any local groups with your children and get chatting to people? Getting out there will really help if you are feeling stuck at home :)

Big hugs hun xxx

How is everyone else today?

I am so up and down, yesterday was such a positive day, my CBT got to the root of why I am like this which I never ever had even contemplated, so that is good and I can move forward with a better understanding, that it's my low self esteem causing this, no external factors.

Sertraline seems ok, has stopped being incredibly nasty (I hope), am seeing the BF for the first time since our awful weekend of my break down, so am feeling so anxious about that, don't want to take a diazepam, so any ideas on how to calm down for his arrival? I know it's not wholly in my control, but I would like to avoid another intense weekend of tears and not clicking as normally everything is so so good.

Hugs to everyone today :D

xxxxx

Joannatm
14-04-12, 09:39
I do put into practice especially weekly diary. very busy with.friends and.groups as never in.

Having two good days not great.

Do hope your weekend is ok with bf. do feel for.you x keep me posted x

Joannatm
14-04-12, 22:36
How's everyone doing? I up and down still. evenings ate best. x

jimsmrs
15-04-12, 13:37
Hi Jo
Hope you're feeling ok today!!!! I'm getting there, coming up to 8weeks now
Have you heard how Alfredo1 and CathyCrumble are doing???

Lesley
xx

Joannatm
15-04-12, 15:25
Wow well for. how you feeling is it slow process. mine up to six weeks and still tears. yesterday good but felt anxious today rubbish. tired all time too. going doctors this week so fed up. i have maybe an hour in afternoon evening i feel norm!

Not heard from others yet x

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

AActually feeling worse this week than last few weeks x

alfredo1
15-04-12, 16:47
Hi all,
I think I'm surrendering to the sertraline....I'm going to see my doctors this week and discuss changing to something else.
They are just not working for me. I am losing weight, feeling very low and just not myself. Obsessive thoughts etc etc.

Its been 10 weeks now and to be honest, I really think i should be feeling a little better.

I've just had a great weekend away with friends and really had to hold it together. I just feel like I should see an improvement by now. Sometimes i feel so low that I just think I cant go on like this anymore.

Anyway, I've tried and persevered but they are just not for me.

I'm going to talk to my docs about going on to venlaflaxine. A pshyciatrist recommended this last year when I was considering coming off of citalopram.

Im desperate to want to look forward to things, instead of just wanting to curl up and shut myself away.

Just becuase they have not worked for me though, does not mean that the sertraline won't work for others.

I'll keep you posted!

Kerrie

Joannatm
15-04-12, 17:52
Oh hun do feel for you. hate way we feel i get so frustrated want to be like old self too. this evening i am better but come morning and early afternoon i hate wa.i feel. six weeks and you think it would work too. i popping doctors too. keep me posted. x x

alfredo1
15-04-12, 20:21
will do Joan. I know that these ones take longer to kick in and have less side effects, but surely by 10 weeks i should be feeling a little better........

Good luck too let us know how you get on - you're rigt it is so frustrating. Hand on in there

xxxx

Littlemadam
15-04-12, 20:40
Hey everyone,

Jo and Alfreo, am so sorry things have been crap this weekend.

Jo, will be interested to hear what the doc says about your six week mark, as I thought they would take longer, but if you're feeling like youre not right then am so glad you are going back to docs, as none of us should suffer like this xxxx good luck hunny xxxx

Alfredo, my neighbour takes venlafaxine and totally rates it, apparently they don't like dishing it out as its an expensive drug, but who cares, we bloody pay for these things!!!!

Cathy and jimsmrs how the hell are you guys?

I'm ok today. Just said good bye to my other half which sucks, the pattern tends to be by Tuesday I will have had a massive break down and then feel low til the weekend, but I think my cbt has helped get to the root cause so should be able to overcome the vicious circle xxxx

Hugs to all you beautiful girlies, xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joannatm
15-04-12, 20:57
Thanks so much hun. glad you had good weekend and hope you.overcome the cause. So difficult to change way you think feel.
I've had good late afternoon evening just tired. do these tabs make you sleepy all day for this long? isn't five weeks long? As tabs say 2 to 4 week to start working?

Keep me posted kerrie and rest you girlies.

big hugs too x

Littlemadam
15-04-12, 21:12
Ooooh ok, I didn't realise two to four weeks, that's interesting. In that case I think I can feel them work, so if you are feeling how you do, with no improvement whatsoever then the doc has to change the tablets, or he'll have us to answer to lol xxxx

Am glad this evening has been good for you, we have to cherish the good times as you never know when the next ones going to come hey xxx

Let us know how you get on at the docs, will be gutted if you and Alfredo leave this thread, we have a little sertraline team going on lol x

Joannatm
15-04-12, 22:11
Thanks my dear. i will def keep you posted. glad you feeling better. keep in touch. x x

Joannatm
16-04-12, 11:21
Well today woke up no anxiety.but feel it underlying like it will pop up. but ok today. x doctor away this week. how's everyone x

Littlemadam
16-04-12, 12:34
Oh GRRRR to doc being away this week, but atleast you know next week you will be onto something better that will work for you as it should xxx

I'm having a minor anxiety pang (hoping it wont snowball) as OH made a comment about having a lay in on Sunday, and that he would rather be at home if he couldnt have a lay in round mine. But he said it came out all wrong, and didnt mean it, and we moved on to having the best Sunday ever which is good. So I won't let it get to me, as I know he loves me more than anything.

How was everyone elses weekend?

Jo - are you sticking on the Sertraline for now? Wouldn't it be great if by the end of this week they started working!!!!!

jimsmrs
16-04-12, 17:04
Hi everyone

Glad you're feeling a bit brighter today Jo !!!!!!

Littlemadam, blokes are like that, can't put their brains into gear before opening their mouths!!!!!!!

Shame about Alfredo1, she really tried so hard on Sertraline, 10 weeks wasted, fingers crossed her next AD suits her better.

I'm getting there little by little, still got probs with Diarrheoa (think thats the right spelling) first thing in the morning though, thought it would've stopped by now after 8 weeks, any tips would be gratefully recieved

Joannatm
16-04-12, 18:07
You're right. man hee hee sounds like you feeling better though.

i not too bad today still so tired. gutted for Alfredo but like you said lets hope next ones good.

What other problems you having jimsmrs?

Fingers crossed for us. xx

Littlemadam
17-04-12, 08:46
Morning everyone!

Jimsmrs, I have exactly the same as you, I can't believe the drugs do that to us! Is a crazy side effect. Have you tried taking any of those anti diarrhoea tablets? They might work, I'm just living with it currently, it comes and goes, and I was so used to my routine before ha ha x

Well done Jo for an ok day, that is a small improvement, so I hope it keeps going xxxx

I'm ok too, my colleague is belittling my panic attack last night which is annoying, I'd love to see her live a day in our shoes! My bank card got declined in Asdas, and all these thoughts of having no cash etc etc and paying the mortgage on my own sent me into complete anxiety hell, so spent last night trying to calm myself down. Plus point was by the end of it I was so tired I fell asleep and had a reasonable nights sleep yay!!!!

So how is everyone today? Any gossip?

xxx

crazyscot
17-04-12, 09:11
Hi All
Thought I'd add my wee bit if thats ok. I've been on sertraline for 11 years 50mg for 10 years on & off and 100mg since October last year.

In the past few weeks I've been feeling worse, feeling down, tired, anxious, dizzy spells have returned. You know that way when you turn your head it seems to take your brain a little longer to catch up?

Thinking of heading back to the GP sooner than expected? Maybe get a change.

x

alfredo1
17-04-12, 11:37
Hi all,
Well, I am about to take my first ven.....wish me luck!
I'll keep you posted

Hope you're having a better day today.

Kerrie
xxxx

jimsmrs
17-04-12, 13:44
Hi Jo yes I am feeling much better, except for this damn diarrhoea. not in any pain and it's only when I get up of a morning and sorry to be so graphic,but I can see what I eaten the day before:blush:. I'm at the doctors tomorrow for my monthly review so going to tell her, was thinking I might be lactose intolerant. Glad you're still feeling ok, the tiredness will get better, just another rotten side effect.

Hi Littlemadam I take the Imodium every morning, wish mine would come and go, can't remember the last time I had a proper poo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take no notice of your colleague, they're just pig ignorant. Hope what happened in the Asda didn't set you back too much, that's what this illness does it hides your coping skills. Hope you get it sorted with your bank.

Hi crazyscot, welcome to the thread,
sounds like it may have stopped working for you, go to your GP before you start to feel even worse.

Hi Kerrie, loads and loads of luck with the Ven, you must be so frustrated after 10 weeks on Sert.

Hugs to everyone and keep posting

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lesley
xxxx

Mo B
17-04-12, 13:47
Hi all

Im now on week 9 of sert and am feeling a bit better at the moment anxiety/depression wise.Started to pick up on week 8. I went on holiday abroad recently and it has done me good realising what I can do if i put my mind to it. I was so worried before I went but I DID IT:yahoo: It wasnt without its horrors but on the whole I enjoyed it (-change of scene and all that)and its given me a bit of confidence to go out now and not be too anxious.

I have the runs in the morning too still ( and at other times occasionally) It started about week 3 or 4 I think.I dont like it. Am wondering whether to take some Immodium to help or wait a bit longer and see. Cutting out fruit etc. I took citalopram some years ago and remember that had a similar effect but cant remember when it got better only that it did at some stage!

Hope everyone is having a good day. Things can only get better . :hugs:

Mo x

Joannatm
17-04-12, 14:00
Hi everyone

ignore your colleague. they just.don't understand.

Good luck Alfredo. do hope these work for you.

Glad you still having good days. other than poo ! hope it settles.

I having ok day today woke up fine for second day went gym nd friends but last hour feel rubbish and tearful little. so up and down.

x

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Hello mo. glad you feeling better. it takes so long hey. i been on sertraline 100 mg for four weeks now so iy may be i need little bit longer?? Had great two mornings which is a first. x

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Think.g i may up it what you think?or stay as is

alfredo1
17-04-12, 14:03
Thanks for your support guys. I'm keeping everything crossed that these work....I'm sick, tired and drained of waking up every morning feeling like shite. I want the old me back......I miss her!

Decided if these do work for me and when i feel strong/stable, i'm going to look for a new job. I absolutely hate it here. I get spoken to like a piece of dirt. They're all miserable/arrogant........can't wait till i can just stick my finger up at them!!!!!

Thinking of doing something completely different.........who knows!

Anyway, stay strong everyone and I'll keep you posted

Kerrie x

Joannatm
17-04-12, 14:05
Sounds like good idea. i think be good for you x x

crazyscot
17-04-12, 14:08
Yup defo going back to the docs!
I have really bad bowel movements, was putting it down to my diet but it may not be after all, could be my meds!!!
xx

Mo B
17-04-12, 14:09
I started on 50mg and am still on it. I thought I would give it time to work for 6-8 weeks if necessary before upping the dose. At week 7-8 i felt my anxiety wire had been cut but depression was still there, but in the last couple of days my mood has brightened.:) My brain still feels slightly muzzy but seems to improve as day goes on. I hope this continues . Im keeping my fingers crossed. Early days yet i think. It took several months when I was on Citalopram.

Mo x

Joannatm
17-04-12, 14:12
So 2 weeks on 50 and 4 weeks on 100 is early days? Still Feeling tears

Littlemadam
17-04-12, 14:16
Alfredo - Am so excited about your new drugs!! You have to keep us posted, and damn right, get better and get outta there!!! No one deserves that, and my job is my life line, there are goos places with good people out there, so you deserve it :D And a decent bloke too (not sure they exist though :ohmy:)

Jo - keep going on them for now hunny, 4 weeks isnt very long, and as you say two good mornings is something, so fingers crossed they are starting to filter in and work. I am on week 3 I think. And am going to give it two months, as can't risk discounting drugs as dont want to lower my options of drugs and have nothing left to try fully - eeeek.

Sorry you felt a bit tearful after gym, it will pass, but big hugs hunny xxxx

Crazyscot - it definitely sounds like they have done their bit and now you need to refresh your system and move onto something new to your body, let us know how you get on at the docs!

Jimsmrs, thanks for your kind words, yeah I am ignoring her, and the Asda thing took me a while, but I feel I have recovered, am actually feeling a bit stronger today, anxiety is up, but more like I am coping a tiny bit better with it yay xxxx

Can't believe the immodium isn't working,t hat is crazy, am intrigued as to what the doc will say tomorrow, so good luck and let us know how you got on. Do you think you're losing weight as well? If it's *ahem* passing through quickly? :blush:

Mo - Welcome to the thread and congratulations on overcoming something terrifying to you! It is amazing when I read stories of people like you overcoming things like this and realising that they can do it, and enjoy it at the same time!

Chins up all xxxxxx

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

I started on 50mg and am still on it. I thought I would give it time to work for 6-8 weeks if necessary before upping the dose. At week 7-8 i felt my anxiety wire had been cut but depression was still there, but in the last couple of days my mood has brightened.:) My brain still feels slightly muzzy but seems to improve as day goes on. I hope this continues . Im keeping my fingers crossed. Early days yet i think. It took several months when I was on Citalopram.

Mo x

Wow, that's the best thing I've heard about Sert, a great little boost for all of us not that far into the drug yet xxxx Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to knowing if it does continue. Yay to your success so far xxx

Joannatm
17-04-12, 14:26
Good luck everyone. like ya said. chin up! X

alfredo1
17-04-12, 14:29
littlemadam, i love your positivity! x

Mo B
17-04-12, 14:35
It was because I was going on holiday that i didnt want to rock the boat (or plane in my case) upping the dose in case of disaster. I am a side effects watcher of the highest of highest calibres! Am now glad I did this as it gave me another couple of weeks to get used to the sert. We are all impatient to be better and become normal again. Now I keep glimpsing normality it sometimes panics me LOL it feels like something is missing sometimes.!! x

Joannatm
17-04-12, 14:40
I feel like that.when i get that mo.of normality think something missing. is.it because we been like this fir so long. so how ling you been on them now? You feel big difference? There's hope for us as i.on 100 and thinking either change or up dose. x so impatient.

Guys great to talk and roll on a good day x

Littlemadam
17-04-12, 14:51
littlemadam, i love your positivity! x

Gald I'm not coming across grumpy, cos wow, I'm, feeling so utterly sh*t this afternoon :weep:

It was because I was going on holiday that i didnt want to rock the boat (or plane in my case) upping the dose in case of disaster. I am a side effects watcher of the highest of highest calibres! Am now glad I did this as it gave me another couple of weeks to get used to the sert. We are all impatient to be better and become normal again. Now I keep glimpsing normality it sometimes panics me LOL it feels like something is missing sometimes.!! x

Agreed on the something missing thing, I actually have found it fills with a depressive state when the anxiety is not there, but then the drugs are there for that too xxx So glad you are getting there hun xxxx

Joannatm
17-04-12, 16:54
Well morning great felt good. afternoon rubbish. Thanks for all your support. at least had little n. id normality than all day anxiety x

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Can it take several months to feel norm? Leaflet and doctor says takes 4 weeks to feel better! On a downer as felt great yesterday and this morning x

Littlemadam
18-04-12, 09:10
Hi everyone how are you all doing today?

It's my birthday tomorrow and am dreading it so much. Feel so crap and anxious I had to take a diazepam last night as I was an absolute wreck.

Feeling a bit stronger today, but as per past experiences know it's going to get worse before it gets better.

So come on, I want to hear some good news :D What's going on? :D

xxx

alfredo1
18-04-12, 09:50
Hey sweetie - what are you anxious about??!!! Getting older LOL........

Its probably the meds kicking in hon, like you say, it get worst before getting better .

Well, i took my first ven yesterday - didn't feel any major changes during the day. I didn't sleep well last nigth - woke at 3.30am and didn't really go back properly then the alarm went off at 6.40am grrrrr.

Had bad sweats in the night too, but I've got a cold so that could be something to do with it.

I'm having a good day though today. I don't feel so anxious and dread. I don't know if its all pshycological but I'm going with it!!!!!

Hope you feel better hon. Remember breathing techniques for anxiety x

Littlemadam
18-04-12, 09:59
Thanks hun xxx

I'm actually not anxious about getting older, a woman blossoms in her 30's is more self assured yadda yadda, apparently, so that's fine :)

OH has just gone weird on me, no messages at all hardly yesterday and totally changed. Which then for me brings the feelings of dread and he doesn't want to be with me, he's going to leave me on my birthday kind of thing. Or he's not coming round now tomorrow. I am relying on him for happiness and it is terrifying. It really is paralysing and I just cried and cried last night, I know it seems pathetic, just wish my brain would see that rather than make me ill :weep:

Wooo to day one of Venlafaxine!!! Do you know how long it takes to kick in? Sorry you had a crappy sleep, it is incredible what these drugs do, in terms of vivid dreams, sleeping patterns everything, so atleast it shows you are taking them in and your body is adjusting. Fingers crossed these work for you!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH just want to curl up and not be on this planet right now xxx

alfredo1
18-04-12, 12:12
Yes, well, I’ll be 35 and I can tell you I’m certainly not self-assured….trying though!! LOL

OK, now, put your CBT into practice……Rationalise your thinking. Just because OH has not texted you as much does not mean that he is going to finish with you on your b/day. You are ‘dramatizing’ (something I learned in CBT) lets reflect on your weekend last weekend. Didn’t you say that you had a great time and that he loved you very much.

Could it be that he’s not texting so much coz he is busy at work/doing something else etc.

He is not going to blow you out on your b/day. And if he does, then he is not the kind of bloke you want to be with.

Also, your meds are probably making your anxiety/thinking more over exaggerated.

I really know how it feels because I used to make things up in my head that my ex was seeing someone else. I would make up the stories and convince myself they were real – but course they weren’t!!!!

jimsmrs
18-04-12, 13:38
Hello everyone,

Jo give 100mg time and try not to do too much at the gym, gentle excercise is best especially if you're still feeling tired, see your GP first before you upp your dosage, remember what happened the last time when you took too much???????!!!!!!!!!

Crazyscot it's sounds as though your body has become resistant to sert now,let us know how you get on at your GP.

Kerrie, you sound so positive, already making plans to get a new job that is progress!!!!! it shows you're looking forward. The best revenge you can have on those who wrong you is SUCCESS!!!!!!!
get yourself sorted first before looking for a new fella.

Littlemadam, yes but your CBT into practice, maybe your fella can't find his phone charger, or even his phone, something daft like that.

My GP is referring me to the hospital just to be on the safe side, rather than just blame the side effects of the Sert, as my mum had bowel cancer 15 years ago, she made a complete recovery and she's in her 80's now.

Mo, you are doing soooo well and yes the biggest side effect of this illness and the meds is 'impatience', I too can see glimmers of normality

Keep posting ladies

Lesley:hugs::hugs::hugs:
xxxxx

Joannatm
18-04-12, 16:35
Wow you guys been busy.

Hope you having good day today everyone.

Sure OH just busy. men go in their cave.

my day okish. spoke to medical friend and the said i should give it a go.in morning instead taking at night. what do you guys do
x

Mo B
19-04-12, 13:33
Hi all
Im well into my 9th week on Sertraline continuing to feel ok ( with occasional blips) went out shopping today and found myself actually enjoying it! I am going to do a bit more every day. Actually thinking I may be able to go back to work in time. They have said I can have a phased return on whatever my doc recommends. The thought is still frightening but not as much as it was weeks ago. I have found something on another thread which is absolutely brilliant and recommend that you all read it. http://nothingworks.weebly.com/ sorry cant remember what the thread was. After reading this I am going to stop googling anything other than things not related to health/anxiety !! Its very similar to Claire Weekes philosophy but is spot on and humorous too.

Hope everyone else is ok. If youre having a bad day this will pass if you dont give it too much credence and accept it as part of your recovery. Hard I know but possible.:hugs:x

jimsmrs
19-04-12, 14:41
Try again (stupid Internet)!!!!

Hi Ladies
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLEMADAM:D:hugs::flowers: Hope you have a good one. Jo hope you're ok today, I take mine at night. Mo B, the thought of work will be a bit daunting, but like your shopping trip, you may enjoy it.

has anyone heard from CathyCrumble??????????

Joannatm
20-04-12, 10:57
Pleased you ok mo.

How you getting in jimsmrs and Alfred?

How your birthday littlemadam? X

Joannatm
22-04-12, 16:33
Hi everyone

How you all doing?

I doing okayish. Friday I went out with friends and had too much to drink. Yesterday felt fine but today not feeling too great!!! Expect it will take a while. Been on them now 7 weeks so hoping they are starting to work! I'm also taking them in the morning which may maynot be helping.

How are you all doing? It's very quiet lately. Hope you're all getting there

Jo x

Mo B
23-04-12, 10:04
Hi all

Hope everyone ok today. 9 weeks now on Sert. I seem to be still improving slowly. It seems slow but when I look back over the last four weeks I can see a great improvement.Hubby says he can see that Im now "back in the room"! :) Im trying to get on with "normal" things and not think too much about my illness or self analysing all the time! lol. Still having to run to loo twice first thing in the morning but other side effects of Sert now seem to be fairly minimal. Phew! How is everyone else?

ONE DAY AT A TIME :hugs:Mo x

Joanntum
Take mine in the morning-seems to work for me. x

Joannatm
23-04-12, 11:38
so pleased you feeling better. i been on mine 5 weeks on 100 mg and feeling better but still not right and try analyzing myself as to why not got it! weird feeling something missing. is it because been.like this for some time? x

Littlemadam
23-04-12, 11:51
Will reply properly in a minute, but Jo, are you really feeling a change in yourself?

What are you noticing? Right now I am getting worse!!!!!

xxxx

Joannatm
23-04-12, 12:18
i not 100% but don't feel so anxious or tears but feel they underlying and may pop uo any time. suppose 5 weeks on 100 mg is still early? heard they very slow releasing ones so i hoping thus is start feeling better? anyone else like this?

oh dear you feel horrible? its early days for you too. keep on them they will start working soon. big hugs x

Littlemadam
23-04-12, 12:26
Yeah, I have been on the brink of tears all weekend. Currently can't see any improvement, but yeah am very early days too, I think i'm one or two weeks behind you?

That's really good you are noticing a small change now as you have a few more weeks atleast until it is fully up to speed, so a very promising sign xxxx

Mo B
23-04-12, 13:47
It was about weeks 7-8 before I began to feel like something was really happening recovery wise. Up and down before that.

Yes Jo I felt there was something missing -still do but not quite as acutely as before. When you are so used to anxiety and feeling down it feels strange when some of it is blocked out.Only thing is to accept the feeling and keep busy if you can. Apparently it is a normal stage of recovery. Does feel strange though doesnt it. You'd think we would just feel relieved !!

Little Madam. You just have to be patient (hard I know)! you will begin to feel changes soon. It takes a good few weeks for your brain to get used to the medication. Some people take longer than others. For the moment just go with all the symptoms you are experiencing and try not to pay too much attention to them-it is normal. you WILL feel better soon :hugs::hugs:

Mo x

jimsmrs
23-04-12, 13:51
Hi Jo
glad you're starting to feel much better, I'm coming to week 9, so can understand where you are now, it does pass.

Hi Mo, like you I'm at week 9 and still running to the lav in the morning, no other side effects. my hubby has said the same. I can now laugh at how bad I was!!!!!

Hi Littlemadam, hope you had a good birthday, sorry to hear you're feeling rough, it should pass though.

Bye for now

Lesley
xxxxx

Joannatm
23-04-12, 18:47
little madam you'll get there take so long hey.

glad both mo and jimsmrs feeling better. do you still get odd bad days ir just feel good

i find it strange keep searching for anxiety and it slight there. trying to keep busy too.

keep in touch girls.

heard from Alfredo anyone? x

Mo B
24-04-12, 09:19
Yes Jo still get days when not so good-Today for instance! The last two days were really good but awoke this morning feeling a bit down for some reason. Anyway im not going to dwell on it --hopefully! I think mornings are always the worst time. Ive just has breakfast and taken my tablets (I take BP tabs as well as Sertraline) Ill go out later and hope the fresh air will cheer me up. Hope you feel better today.

I think we probably over analyse why we feel like we do etc and forget that even when well we can have good and bad days! KEEP SMILING:) x

JMSMRS Glad you are feeling better too.

Hope everyone has a good day :hugs:

Littlemadam
24-04-12, 09:21
Morning guys,

Sorry I was quiet yesterday and a bit selfish. Feeling better today though.

It is really good to see you guys seeing an improvement, I was so patient before, but it is such a struggle it just cant come soon enough!!

Mo B - I am so pleased for you that even your hubby can see that there is a massive change in you, it must be so nice to have him there for you, and to be able to see things you may not be able to see.

Jo - wow to you seeing a small improvement in 5 weeks, that really is good news, and that means it can only get better now, great news!

Jimsmrs - hey hun how are you? Are you happy with your progress after week 9?

Can I ask if you guys have breakdowns?

I am feeling a bit better today, did some anxiety hypnosis last night and OH called me and was really sweet and supportive as I sent him a mail on how I can stop being such an anxious wreck. We had a laugh and a joke which made me feel loads better as I had been crying uncontrollably all evening :weep:

I'm at week 4 this week and it has felt so slow, but you guys are giving me hope that soon I will be able to handle things just that little bit better and not risk losing the best thing in my life right now xxx

Mo B
24-04-12, 09:35
Hi Little Madam

You will get there. In the first few weeks I was a complete basket case!! (whatever that is)lol.:wacko: Have you ever read any of Claire Weekes books. If not Id recommend them .They have helped thousands of people with anxiety and depression over the years . Also look at http://nothingworks.weebly.com/ Is takes awhile to read but is really good and has definately helped me change my way of thinking. Hope your day is better today. :) Mo x

Claire Weekes" Self Help for your Nerves" is recommended.

Joannatm
24-04-12, 09:36
like you said even when norm we get miserable days but have forgotten what norm id.

i seem to feel little anxious today more than other few days. off to see mum for day with Jamie my little one. i did go bed late and had wine. suppose that dent help. been on 50 mg two weeks and 100 mg for five weeks. still early days!

little madam you'll get through this. sounds like you have lovely boyfriend and supportive too.

how you jimsmrs? still having good days? x

jimsmrs
24-04-12, 15:21
Hey Ladies.

Mo is right, you will get there. Because my Hubby has a heart condition and Asthma and he's on a cocktail of meds, we had to buy a book called the British Medical Association Guide to Medicines and Drugs. He lent it to a family member ages ago and have just got it back!!!!! It says for Sertraline 'The onset of effect.. Benefits may appear within 14 days, but full effects may take another 6 weeks and anxiety disorders may take longer.

Littlemadam at week 4 I was like you, just crying over stupid things, I was still convinced the GP was wrong and I had something physically wrong with me, your fella sounds lovely and it's good you can laugh, I now laugh at the way I was.

Jo your 2 weeks behind me and at week 7 I had blip, but it passed as quick as it came. Like Mo I'm not a 100% yet, but when I was bad I felt as though I was being buried, but as the weeks go by it feels as though whatever was burying me is slowly being lifted off me, but we are all different, so Sertraline will behave different.

Keep Posting Ladies

Lesley
xxxx

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Has anyone heard anything from CathyCrumble?????????

Joannatm
24-04-12, 17:11
spoke to my doctor and said to say kn 100 mg for another two weeks and she will call me. i feeling a wee bit rubbish today. so blips still happen? hate them.

glad you feeling better. takes time hey x

Mo B
24-04-12, 17:32
Heard nothing from Cathy for about a week. Hope shes ok.

Littlemadam
25-04-12, 09:47
Hi everyone,

How are you all feeling today?

Yesterday was an ok day for me, I suppose that is the best that can be expected. Put on a brave face when I spoke to OH and stuff, today feeling mildly anxious, but the normal thought processes seem to have died off a bit for now which is good xxxx

JimsMrs - that is really interesting you had the same thing at around week 4, it definitely makes you feel worse! Am just glad to hear the effects are not permanent and it is actually doing some good. Yeah OH is amazing, I am so lucky to have him, he said how happy he was that I was feeling better and how that's all he wants. It's just hard when he's generally a happy go lucky guy and I am all over the shop, bless him :blush:

How are you feeling hun? It's a shame that the blips still exist, I wonder if they'll be banished for ever?

xxxxxx

HI Jo - how was it around your mums yesterday? I hope you had a good day, and are feeling a bit better? I bet Jamie makes you feel better sometimes just having a son to love must be amazing xxx

Mo B - Thanks for your lovely words of support xxx I am going to buy that Claire Weeks book when I have finished the one my CBT lady has recommended which is by Melanie Fennell and How to Overcome Self Esteem, as this is the route of all my problems. It's crazy as I'm a confident girl who works in sales, but my therapist hit the nail on the head with the things she was saying. So fingers crossed the book helps :)

How are you feeling today? Do you have any plans for the week ahead?

Did the fresh air help at all? And you are right, anyone has up and down days so we can't expect to be perfect all the time xxx

Cathy - if you're reading this, big hugs and hope you're ok hun xxxx

I don't know if this will help anyone, but for the past two nights I have been listening to a hypnotherapy podcast for anxiety, the person does loads of free ones which I have used on and off for the last year and they have been good, but there is now a specific anxiety one for £1.99 and it's helping. I do it just before bed, and it's given me crazy anxiety dreams, but then I've woken up the next day feeling better, this is day two and I'm not as bad as I have been at all.

Speak soon xxx

Mo B
25-04-12, 10:37
Morning all

Well im feeling better today than I did yesterday. Slept quite well although woke up in a drenching sweat in the early hours . This has been happening since I went on the S ertraline. Usually its just a mild sweat though. Could be menopause stuff also! Never know what to blame things on! lol :shrug:Just been out for a paper as it looks like rain for later - forecast for all day.Yuck. I always feel better when the sun shines. Never mind onward and upward. Im doing a CBT course on line (MOOD GYM -its free ! yeh!) I havent bothered with it since my hols but think i will resume it today. Hope everyone is feeling ok today.

PS didnt have to run to loo this morning first time in weeks!

jimsmrs
25-04-12, 14:11
Hi everyone. Jo another 2 weeks will take you to 9 weeks, Alfredo1 was at 10 weeks when she swapped her meds, so you have that option, when your GP phones you to tell her if you're still unhappy with your progress on sert. Hope you had a good day out.

Littlemadam my hubby is the same, nothing ever seems to gets him down. He sees the improvements in me more than I do. Just take each day as it comes each good day is a bonus.

Mo Yep raining up here today, it's gone really dark. I had a really good nights sleep last night too, but still got the trots though and it was really bad, just about made it to the lav:blush: if you are menopausal are you on any HRT? my GP put me on a low dose.

Hope everyone has a great day !!!!!

Lesley
xxxx

Mo B
25-04-12, 16:16
jmsmrs

No not on any HRT at moment. I havent had any really bothersome menopausal symptoms. Hot flushes & fatigue mostly but not too bad. I had fibroids diagnosed when younger and so dont want to take HRT if I can help it as it can make them grow again! Before taking the Sert hadnt had any night sweats for a couple of years. Is it helping you?

Mo x

Joannatm
25-04-12, 19:37
blips are awful.

today slightly anxious and silly thought but am tired think two hours drive to mum and to hours back wore me out. lovely seeing mum. Jamie great fun. two days of blip! pleased let things get better"

had you feeling little better. we'll all get there. menopause must be yuck.

take care guys x

jimsmrs
26-04-12, 13:26
Hi Mo, yes the HRT has stopped the sweats, I was getting them during the day aswell, couldn't have any heating on at all in the house, hubby was shivering!!!!!!
I bought a climate control quilt for the bed too.

Hi Jo, the menopause was vile, I'm post-menopause now. I didn't have post natel depression with my 3 kids or PMT, probably cos I went straight on the pill after each baby, when I first hit the menopause I was still living in Liverpool and my GP said if you didn't have PND and PMT then you'll more than likely have a rough menopause....and he was right:mad:, but what I've had over the past few months is completely different. Glad you had a great day at your mums.

hi Littlemadam hope you're feeling ok today.

keep in touch ladies

xxxxx

Mo B
26-04-12, 14:05
I am post menopausal too but still get odd flushes a few times a day. I feel ok today but still with that strange something missing feeling or that I should be anxious but cant be! Definately improving though. I can do things now without worrying that I couldnt a few weeks ago but still have some things I shy away from for some reason. For example its a big bday coming up for me next month and thinking of things to do for it is giving me the heeby geebys. The family want us to go away for an overnight maybe or a restaurant for the night and I feel nervous about it. We did the same for hubbys bday and although it was a bit of an ordeal at times I did enjoy it. We also went abroad three weeks ago which has given me a lot of confidence---but I still feel nervous about the latest plans. Ill have to try and think positive thoughts about it . Maybe Im in denial about my age LOL ! :lac:

Hope you are all good today ladies . Going to watch TV now for a bit and then tackle the fridge ( needs a good sort out)

Jo you did well driving for two hours each way. Glad you enjoyed the time with your Mum . Hope the blips are over for you .

Mo X

Joannatm
26-04-12, 18:45
hi girls

do not looking forward to menopause. my hormones are bad as it is. and it getting closer to that time as mum was 40s! do feel for you. my friend going through it big time.

i not sure how feeling today. a little numb. up and down but not tearful and hardly anxious. i feel it just needs that extra bit.missing to feel good. doctor said give another two weeks. my friend work kn two weeks and felt great! i so jealous. still having negative thoughts not many as change way i think. Bernard gym too which i used to love.

how you girls feeling at 9 weeks now? anyone heard from Alfredo or crazy crumble? hope they ok.

how's you little madam? x

Mo B
26-04-12, 19:50
It says on CathyCrumbles profile that she has been removed! so dont know if she has removed herself or what. I hope shes ok. Hopefully she feels better and doesnt need this forum any longer :)
Im now into 10th week and feel much better ,some strange feelings every so often, but hope its going to get better and better. I want to get on with my life again! Have to go for a hospital appt next week which is one of my phobias so that will be interesting. :ohmy: Docs on Monday also ( another stress) I hate waiting rooms.

Mo x

Joannatm
26-04-12, 20:12
oops Cathy crumble not crazy crumble. sorry Cathy if you read this.

good luck with hidputal app. no fun hey. sure in time you will be 100%. i having odd moments like that. take care and all the best. x

jimsmrs
27-04-12, 15:03
Hi everyone,

isn't it funny that we're looking for something that is missing???? maybe we've been so used to being anxious and depressed we're wondering where it's gone, or we're longing for our former selves. I'm like you Mo, I'm still shying away from things I used to do without a second thought. But I'm improving, i think a little too slowly, but I'm getting there. You'll be fine for your birthday celebrations, How young will you be?

jo it's horrible being up and down, but keep going another couple weeks until you speak to your GP.

Last we heard from CathyCrumble she was moving away to live with her bloke.
Haven't seen any posts from Alfredo1 either.

Hi Littlemadam, you ok ????

Take care girls xx

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

NEWSFLASH

had a proper poo this morning, hope it lasts:D

Joannatm
27-04-12, 18:03
fab you done a proper poo yippee.

it is slow.process hey but will get there in end!

have great relaxing weekend

x

Mo B
27-04-12, 19:19
Jmsmrs
Ill be 60 yrs young next month. OMG I dont feel ready to be this age! Still they say 60 is the new 50 so i'll stick with that LOL.

Had a worse day today.Low level anxiety for some reason. Dont like it . I do feel better now though as it is my daughters bday today(36th) and she called in with my grandson (15) for tea on their way home from a camping holiday.My son and his wife and my other grandson (3) called as well so house full! It has certainly taken my mind off my problems It does help to be around other people I think.

After two days of not running to loo I had to run again this morning! I knew it was too good to last. The things we talk about eh!

Have a good weekend all :)

Mo x

Joannatm
27-04-12, 21:19
it sounds.like you have a lovely family. so nine they all same round.

gutted for you this morning though. how long you been on them now?

do hope feel better tomorrow.

x

jimsmrs
28-04-12, 13:46
Hi girls
I've hit a blip,:mad: feeling flat and don't know why :shrug: and my proper poo didn't last long grrrrrr.

Joannatm
28-04-12, 16:12
oh no jimsmrs. do feel for you. blooming blips. hope you get through this one quick. i ok but still there at back head x

Mo B
28-04-12, 17:25
Im feeling flat too! must be the weather or something. Ive had a couple of early waking days also and silly thoughts again. Thought this had all gone! fed up . Hope its just a blip. I know this can happen and so am trying not to pay too much attention to it. Ive been on the Sert for 10weeks now. I suppose we cant expect all plain sailing.:shrug: I was on Citalopram years ago and it worked well for me . When I look in my old diary it did follow the same pattern and I had a few blips along the way then as well but it came good in the end. Its a bummer though isnt it when youve had a few good days (and poos!) then back again.
Mo X

Joannatm
28-04-12, 21:19
it is such a shame when youbeen doing do well. sure it is a blip. these brain chemicals are a nightmare! try relax watch a good programme the voice or Britain got talent or maybe something funny. i like watching 'modern family's on sky or 'inbetweeners'. makes me laugh and forget things.

keep me posted.

big hugs

x

Joannatm
29-04-12, 09:28
how you today mo b? hope settled.

how's everyone else doing in them. i ok just slight there.

Jo x

jimsmrs
29-04-12, 13:33
Hi girls
Thanks for being there....not too bad today, not as edgy today but can still feel the anxiety lurking though:mad:, and really tired, are you like that???? I'm 10 weeks this Thursday, but not back at GP until the 16th May and Hospital appointment on the 22nd of May for my 'poo' problem.....How come it doesn't mention blips in the leaflets you get with your meds??????????

Hope you're feeling better today Mo and glad to hear you're still soldiering on Jo
xxxxxxx

Mo B
29-04-12, 18:00
Having a worse day today. Cant seem to shake the depression and low grade anxiety. Weather awful which doesnt help.Starting to feel tired again too. I think Im worrying about my hospital appt on Friday and seeing GP tomorrow. Hope tomorrow will be better :)

Mo x

Joannatm
29-04-12, 22:16
oh no. do hope little blip and doesn't last.

maybe speak doctor as you.only on 50 mg. i on 100mg and feel just ok but like you jimsmrs it feels like it lurking!

keep in touch

x

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

anyone heard from Alfredo?

Mo B
30-04-12, 09:44
Well back from seeing GP. Sick note for another 2 weeks. She said she thinks the recent anxiety etc is due me worrying about my hosp appt on Friday and so does not want to change my dose just yet. We will review if doesnt settle after appt. I feel much better today than I did over the weekend. She said to take an occasional diazepam if things get really bad before appt. Hope you all are ok and improving.

Jmsmrs - I told doc that I was still running to loo and she said to not worry about it now but after hosp appt ( for ladies problem) to stop the sert for a couple of days and see if still happening. If it is i think Ill be going down your route of hospital referral!! eek. Im not happy about stopping the sert though. She said it takes a couple of weeks before I would feel any effects but I know this isnt the case!

Mo x Keep smiling:)

jimsmrs
30-04-12, 15:45
Hi Mo
I took a quarter of a 5mg diazapam yesterday and it really helped. My GP said last time I saw her she didn't want to treat the 'poo problem' til I'd been to the hospital in case what she prescribes masks any tests the hospital want to do, I'm looking forward to going to the hosp, just to get answers. I wouldn't come off them like your doc said I'd be too scared, unless you take one every other day maybe. I've also seen a change in my appetite aswell,not eating as much. hows your appetite???
Good luck for Friday Mo
Are you ok today Jo???? no haven't heard from Alfredo1 or Littlemadam

take care

xxxx

Littlemadam
30-04-12, 15:49
Hi guys,

sorry am about, just so so tired :-(

Hugs to you all and sorry to see there are afew blips going on :( Not good xxx

Hopefully will pass soon xxx

jimsmrs
30-04-12, 15:59
Hi Littlemadam

You too ??????

Hugs to you hun

Mo B
30-04-12, 16:15
Hi Yes my appetite has changed. When i first started on the sert I was ravenous! but now Ive lost my appetite a little. I dont eat as much as i used to. I feel really tired too at the moment but not sleeping as well as I did. I lost weight at the start but seem to have stayed the same since that. Needed to lose the 1/2 stone I lost so something good came from it I suppose.

Family (son,wife & grandson) coming for tea tonight. At least ive had all day to prepare something. They always used to come on Mondays but I couldnt cope with it until a couple of weeks ago. Feel shattered but my 3 yr old grandson cheers me up. I didnt feel up to it today really but it makes me feel more "normal" when I make the effort.! Def NOT going to stop sert for even a day ! wish I hadnt told her(GP) now. I had the same problem with Citalopram years ago but just put up with it . It went eventually (but cant remember when)

Sorry youre not so good Little Madam. Was wondering about you too.x

Hope you are having a good day Jo

:hugs:to all

Mo x

Joannatm
01-05-12, 07:23
gutted for you guys. you were doing so well. strange you.both having blips st same time when you.both10 weeks on tablets. hope things get better. so frustrating.

i ok still not there x

---------- Post added at 07:23 ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 ----------

hhow's you little madam? x

Littlemadam
01-05-12, 09:40
Morning everyone,

I went to bed at 6pm last night, and feel so much better for it today.

How are you all feeling and who's flooded? The drive in this morning was a nightmare!

Mo B - Bless ya for worrying about the hosp appointment, but am glad you have diazepam, that little tablet is a god send, I can't believe how it rids me of anxiety almost immediately! See why they are addictive though, so be careful xxxx

Jimsmrs - thanks for being really sweet, what kind of answers are you looking for for the hospital? Sorry if I have missed something xxx How are you feeling today? Do you think the tablets are still working?

Jo - sending you hugs today, how is your mini blip going? Can you see an end to it yet?

I can actually see the sert working, I havent been half as anxious as normal which is good, my energy levels are really low though, I feel exhausted a lot of the time. My mum had a massive fall on my birthday meal at the weekend, she had to be rushed in an ambulance to hospital and only came out yesterday. I feel the sert actually helped my coping mechanisms, although I broke down when it happened (she didnt see a step) and had a panic attack, after the initial shock I was stressed and upset, but nowhere near as bad as I normally would have been which is a good sign.

Hugs everyone xxx

Joannatm
01-05-12, 09:53
your poor mum. how painful. glad you feel tablets working. keep taking them. i ok still feel it lurking but feel tablets are working but not fully!

his you girls?

have good day.i hope.

x

Littlemadam
01-05-12, 12:35
Hi Jo,

I agree with the lurking feeling, the anxiety is still there, but not full on, which I am quite pleased with for now xxx Imagine if it does fully go! Will be incredible!

I just had a thought for those of you saying you are so tired. Is is the Sert do you think? I thought this inititially, but then I thought I am nowhere near as anxious as before, and that used to keep me feeling awake etc. Heart racing, fight or flight mode, will make you feel more alert. Without that and we're tired?

Just thinking out loud, but for me it would make sense x

alfredo1
01-05-12, 12:54
Sorry to hear about your mamma littlemadam - that’s really awful hon. Well done for coping with it though and its good that you are seeing improvements with the sertraline. Is she OK now???? Any breaks? How’s things with your man. All good I hope.

I had a really bad day yesterday but to be honest, that is because I had a very heavy drinking weekend :-/

It was my b/day weekend too. I’ve promised myself to give up drinking as when I go out, I get completely hammered on the meds, which isn’t right. I drink wine, which is like the devil’s juice so I think I need to change to beer and just stick to 2 or 3.

Very up and down still on the venlafaxine to be honest but I must say, all in all its much better that the sertraline for me.

I hope everyone has a good week and these blips pass very quickly for you.

The weather doesn’t help our mood. When is the bloody rain going to stop………………!
xxxxxxxxxxx

jimsmrs
01-05-12, 16:28
Hi All

Through my blip now :) rain gone off up here, very rare we get flooded.
Sorry to hear about your mum Littlemadam, you found your coping skills. hope she's on the mend. the hospital appointment is for this damn diarrhea, GP isn't sure whether it's the sert or something more sinister (eek)

Mo, hope your get together with your family went well. I've lost about a stone and a half and I didn't need to!!! I eat but not as heartily as I used to.....and I can't eat chocolate, biscuits and cakes, they just don't appeal to me anymore.

Hi Alfredo1 happy belated birthday, sorry to hear you've had a blip on the ven, but as you say you feel as though they're better than the sert.

Jo you keep going girl, I think you're getting there!!!

take care everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mo B
01-05-12, 18:18
Hi All

Not such a good day today but I think itll be like this until Ive been to the hospital ! Just got to get through it. Not taken the diazepam yet but think I will be doing soon.

Hope your mum is ok now Little Madam and glad you seem to be doing ok.

This miserable weather doesnt exactly help does it! We havent had as much rain as others though no flooding, ( I live in the North West).

Grandson did buck me up yesterday bless him . I cant be miserable with him around !

Jo you seem to be getting on ok -youll go from strength to strength Im sure

Have a nice evening all. I usually find evenings are my best time.

XX:hugs:

Littlemadam
01-05-12, 18:34
Hi guys,

Jimsmrs, you poor love, I am sure it's the set, I'm still not back to normal, but it's good you are getting tested, to put your mind at ease. Let us know how you get on xxxx other than that worry are you feeling ok? Congrats in all the weight loss! Sadly that's not one of my side effects darn!!

Mo b - so sweet you got to see your grandson, little ones are such bundles of joy, and can cheer up he gloomiest of people. With the diazepam, it is such a good safety net, you know it's there if you really need it, so if the worry ets bad enough you can make it go away xxx. The hosp appointment will come soon enough, you are sounding strong and level headed to deal with the run up xxx

Jo, how was your day hunny?

I'm feeling back crap again, just so so tired, sitting at my desk I started dreading the thought of OH taking me to London this weekend for a belated present as I really don't have the energy. He's now got he hump with me and I'm feeling crappy, as I just tried to be so nice and honest, but nope, he's sulking. Just the tiredness is unbearable, I hope so BA it wears off soon.

Oh and thanks everyone for good wishes for mum, when I spoke to her after she ame out of hospital, she was so positive about the situation, and the lifeguards that came to the rescue, bless her, we were all terrified as she wasn't staying conscious. She broke her humorous bone, and she even thinks that's funny :wacko:Must have had a bang to the head too :roflmao:

Hugs to you all xxxx

Mo B
02-05-12, 09:46
Bit of good news ladies

Was looking at another thread this morning and it seems Cathy Crumble is ok , has moved in with Ivan and is happy.

Just us lot then !!!!:)

Have a good day all . I slept better last night and am going to make every effort to busy myself today.

Mo x:hugs:

Littlemadam
02-05-12, 11:19
Argh, crying at my desk in work today, OH cancelled on me tonight, and I got my flat all ready, got up early rushed around, thought last night how much I was looking forward to a hug today.

And now I don't want to take a diazepam, but look so stupid at my desk, I just feel so low.

So I suppose the Sert is still giving me blips :( It really gets your hopes up doesnt it for it then all to come crashing back down :(

mad-horse-woman
02-05-12, 12:24
Hi!

I am new to this site, but stumbled upon you all yesterday, whilst trying to find answers to the way I had been feeling on Cipramil.

I was prescribed 20mg of Cipramil 13 days ago, and had been suffering what I assumed were side effects to the meds. 'Side effects' included feling very anxious, aggitated, inability to sleep, and worsening panic attacks - especially at night, to mention but a few.

As my life is very hectic (4 children, 3 horses, various dogs and cats, not to mention the 300 herd dairy farm!!), I need to be on the ball and keep a level head. I had been prescribed Cipramil almost 12 years ago, when my first son was born prem and was in intensive care for a while. I suffered postnatal depression. I remained on Cipramil for 10 years and only changed to Sertraline when I fell pregnant with my daughter, as my doctor said it was better suited for use during pregnancy and brest feeding. May last year I came off all meds, with my doctors help.

Unfortunately, my depression and anxiety has been creeping back and when I returned to my GP almost 2 weeks ago, I was prescribed 20mg Cipramil again. So, to suffer these 'side effects' came as a big shock to me as I had no problems on it in the past.

After speaking to my GP yesterday, he told me to stop taking Cipramil immediatly, as what I was experiencing was not side effects, but was actually an adverse reaction to the meds. I asked why I had been fine with Cpramil previously, and the Dr told me my body was just reacting differently.

I started taking 50mg Sertraline this morning, and feel 100 times better already! I still feel anxious, but obviously it will take at least 48hrs for the Cipramil to work out of my system and then a few weeks for the Sertraline to work fully, but I do feel more possitive.

So, basically, if you are taking meds which you are feeling worse/side effects with, check it out with your GP!

Good luck!

Sarah xx

Mo B
02-05-12, 12:24
Aww Little Madam :hugs:from me. Dont let this get you down. Life aint fair is it? Youll see OH soon Im sure. Rise above it and think of something else nice to do. Treat yourself to something nice on your way home. I find it very hard to cry it all seems to bottle up with me . Crying is GOOD it helps get rid of the nasty feelings. I had a cry yesterday( a little one ) and I felt much better after that.

Chin up chuck !

Mo xxxxx

Mad Horse Woman . Welcome to this thread. Some nice ladies on here . We all help each other. I have found the side effects of Sert not as bad as Citalopram which I took years ago.It just seems to take longer to take full effect (around 6 weeks) . Good luck with the sert . Sure youll be fine as long as you dont expect all plain sailing! lol

Mo x

Joannatm
02-05-12, 16:22
why he cancel? sure got a good reason. men!

nice to have you join thread Sarah. hoping sertraline works quick. i 8 weeks and today feel crap but last few days were good. fed up. like ya said little madam. it gets ya hopes up then you plumet. don't think they working for me as should be good by now!

how you mo b and and jimsmrs?

big hugs everyone. x

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

ps glad Cathy doing well. what was she using? x

Mo B
03-05-12, 09:20
Morning all

Well im not too bad today considering its my hospital appt tomorrow! Sertraline seems to be working again! after weekend dip.I'm 10 weeks into it now on 50mg.

Jo - Cathy is on 50mg Sertraline and doing great and back to work apparently!

Hope everyone else is ok. I must keep busy today to stop myself sitting and thinking negative hospital thoughts ! :ohmy:

Mo x

Littlemadam
03-05-12, 09:24
Aww well done Mo, that's great news, keep the momentum going, and then when you go to the hospital tomorrow everything will be ok, and you will wonder what you were worrying about xxx

Yay to some good news xxx

gabrielle37
03-05-12, 09:51
hi everyone, my name is Lesley, was just wondering why you had to change? ive been on cit for 2 1/2 months now, i went back to work too soon the doc thought and ive got the anx back and am now off again. does it mean the cit are not working or do they need more time? would really appreciate your thoughts on it im going back to doc next week. thanks in advance .

Lesley x

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

i was feeling good at one stage before going back to work but seem to have gone backward!

Littlemadam
03-05-12, 09:56
Hi Gabrielle,

I was on them for three months, and at one point early on I felt a bit better. I then got worse and worse, my lows were still so low, and three months on I couldn't believe I was no better.

The advice I got from here was that you would know if they are working, and if there really is no improvement at all they may not be the drugs for you.

Your doctor will be able to help advise x

gabrielle37
03-05-12, 10:07
thanks for that. the anx is back with a vengence and really getting me down. i will speak to my doc. xx

jimsmrs
03-05-12, 15:12
Hi everybody we've got lovely sunshine up here:D

Littlemadam how dare your bloke sulk!!!! it's not what you need right now, I agree with Mo, rise above it. Glad your mums ok.

hey jo you are getting better, keep going.

Welcome to the thread sarah, you sound as though you have your hands full with your farm and you don't need to be feeling crap. Sertraline is a slow one though and anxiety and depression comes with another symptom......IMPATIENCE!!!!!

Mo good luck tomorrow, take a diazapam with you just in case you get the jitters.
these up and down days we're having is like a game of snakes and ladders.
Brilliant news about cathycrumble, she sounds settled with Ivan, wonder if she's binned her meds?

take care everybody

xxxxxxxxx

Mo B
04-05-12, 15:31
Well Ive been to the hospital. Was ok not too jittery and didnt need the Diazepam. Amazing!!! Saw the consultant who has done some tests and I have to have a biopsy as well in a few weeks. She also found a polyp and removed it there and then ! yikes. Waiting game again now ! Got to have a short General Anaesthetic for the biopsy not looking forward to that. Never had one before.

Amazingly anxiety not at a bad level so think sert is def working as id have been panicking big time a few weeks ago!

Anyway Ill try to put this in the back of my mind for now -easier said than done.

Hope all having a good day . Have a great weekend X

:)

jimsmrs
05-05-12, 15:38
:D:hugs:

well done Mo, sure you'll be fine at your next visit to Hospital too !!!!

I feel good, starting to do more, hope it lasts.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joannatm
08-05-12, 09:54
So please for you Mo with anxiety. Do hope tablets are kicking in fully.

Jimsmrs am too pleased you are having a good weekend. Do hope it continues.

Hi Gabrielle - speak to doctor as they should be working by now. Keep us informed.

Hi Little Madam how you getting on?

I'm having okay days still not great. Doctor just called and I explained and she said you're always saying that. I said I can feel it lurking still and just feel I need a little push and it will go. Can't explain but still got tears behind eyes. She has suggested I go up to 150 and said we have been going too slow and she thinks I need a little more. I'm really worried now but she said not to be as they aren't strong. I was told by friend nurse who works in this area that they give to pregnant and retired/older people these tablets as they are weaker ones. Not sure how true that is! What have you guys heard?

Fingers crossed x

jimsmrs
08-05-12, 15:58
Hi Jo, maybe that's why they're so slow, your friend could be right. I don't feel it lurking as much now. there's no harm in upping the dose, instead of 150mg, try 125mg and see how you feel.

mo hope you're ok and littlemadam too.

take care everyone
xxxx

Mo B
08-05-12, 16:24
Hi

Yes im ok. Just had a call from hospital to go on Thursday for pre op checks. Feel ok about this at the moment. The anxiety has def been greatly reduced, which is what you seem to be experiencing also Jmsmrs.

Keep going Jo Im sure youll get there soon. Good idea to up meds gradually though as Docs always say "its such a small increase -youll never notice it"!when they dont have to do it themselves ! It would be great if thats all you need. It did take me about 10 weeks before I lost that something missing, not quite there feeling.

Mo X

Littlemadam
09-05-12, 10:07
Hi everyone,

Wow, things are looking ok, we're still not quite there but firstly MASSIVE well done to Mo B for managing to stay calm, and not take a diazepam! This must be a great sign the tablets are working, as you know how you would have felt without them. So you have done so well, and next test is your next appointment, good luck with that hun, it sounds like they really are starting to work xxxxx

Jimsmrs - am glad you are feeling better, what ways can you tell they are working for you? How was your bank holiday weekend? And what things are you finding yourself doing? xxxx

Joanne - Have you decided what to do on your dose? It sounds like they are working, just not fully, and you need that little push to make it go away totally?

I am pretty much anxiety free now, it is crazy, my worries are nearly all gone, but then I am left with this huge void of feeling really low and down. I am sleeping so much, I feel almost lifeless. Has anyone had this? I just have no get up and go, so any insight would be greatly appreciated xxx

Hope you are all ok today xxxx

jimsmrs
09-05-12, 14:46
hi all

hey littlemadam glad your anxiety has almost gone, your get up and go will come back. your anxiety has worn your body out and you were probably an overthinker too which is tiring. In the early weeks on the sert i couldn't bring myself to get my lawn mower out, just no energy at all, but over the weekend I cut the grass (which was long overdue), did some digging and dragged hubby to the garden centre for plants. I can definatly feel my enthusiasm coming back.

Mo Good luck for Thursday, sure you'll be fine again

Jo hope you're still soldiering on, did you up your dose????

alfredo1
09-05-12, 17:35
Hi all,
Looks like you're all getting on well with the Sertraline. Littlemadam, so glad you are feeling more calm. Amazing what the meds do when they are the right ones. I hope your tierdness soon diminishes.

I have to say, these Ven are sooooo much better for me. I feel like I'm getting my mojo back. Slowly! The first week was great, then i nosedived for 2 weeks, then I seem to have picked up this week.

I've got motivation back, looking to the future more etc. I've cut down on the drink too, which is probably helping.

anyway, I'll pop back here soon to report it but all in all a much better drug for me than sertraline. Can't belive i did 9 weeks on it feeling so damn awful. Its so right, we're all different.

anyway good luck to you all

Kel
xxxxxxxxxx

Mo B
10-05-12, 08:54
Morning fellow Sertraliners

Well its Thursday and hospital appt at 1.30. At the moment I am feeling a bit anxious and feel like I really dont want to go ! Hate afternoon appointments. Doing breathing excercises and trying to find things to do. Just taken sert and hoping this will kick in soon and i'll feel a bit better.

Anyway enough of my probs . Hope everyone else is still doing ok. Cant believe its nearly weekend again already . Raining cats & dogs here. hope the sun comes out later. That always lifts everyones spirits!

Love to all

Mo x:)

Glad to hear you are now doing well Alfredo1 x

Joannatm
10-05-12, 10:49
all the best mo. think in general we would all be anxious either hospital app. keep us informed.

glad everyone feeling better.

i up my dose yesterday and felt good. today slightly heightened anxiety but ok. is this norm when up door. expect have to get used to it again. fingers crossed he.

been gym this morning which.lifts me.

have great weekend guys. weather suppose to be nice.

big hugs.
x

jimsmrs
10-05-12, 13:15
Hi everyone

So pleased for you Alfredo1,

Littlemadam hope you're ok today

Mo hope your appointment went well today

Jo that's normal to feel like that at first, Did you go to 150mg or 125mg????

raining up here aswell

Hope you all have a great weekend and the sun comes out!!!!!

xxxxxx

Joannatm
10-05-12, 19:40
i went up 150. note bad day kept busy. how's everyone today? rubbish day with weather . how you mo? x

Mo B
11-05-12, 09:25
Hi all

Went on ok at hospital. Was really nervous beforehand but luckily didnt have to wait for ages to be seen. Had ECG and blood tests and chat with nice nursing sister. She gave me my date for my procedure which is 30th May. Ill try to put this to the back of my mind until then ! So apart from my "problem down below" which gives me a lot of discomfort my anxiety generally and mood are reasonably good at the moment thanks to the Sertraline. Hope this continues.

Good luck Jo with the increase. Hope this will do the trick !

Have a good weekend all .Looks like some sunny weather may be coming our way.

Mo x

jimsmrs
11-05-12, 13:21
Hi Ladies

Hope you're all fine, Mo well done for yesterday, think how stronger you'll be for the 30th.

Jo How you getting on with you upping your dose?? hope you start to feel better soon.

Still raining up here and it's cold too!!!

xxxx

Jayelle
13-05-12, 08:21
Hi All,
I'm new here. I take Sertraline 100mg for anxiety/depression. I''ve been on sert for 4 weeks now. I still have morning anxiety which is awful. This morning I woke up really anxious and also terrible intrusive thoughts. I'm sick of being like this. I'm just looking for support. Thanks for reading.
From Jo:)

jimsmrs
13-05-12, 15:15
Hi and welcome
I know where you're coming from, I think we've all had that, even the people on other meds. you'll get loads of support here.
These meds are a slow one to work, I've been on them for nearly 12 weeks, 50mg 3 weeks and 100mg for 8 weeks although my recovery has taken it's time I now feel a lot better. You will probably hit a few blips along the way but just ride them out and stay positive.

Keep posting
xxx

Jayelle
14-05-12, 02:13
Thanks for your reply:)
Sometimes it hard to talk to friends about my anxiety/depression as they don't understand :weep: Have been to Dr today. Going to increase my dose to 150mg. Will see how i go. Having a terrible day. The dr prescribed clonazapam and now I feel better. Just have to get through these blips and stay positive that I'm going to get better.
Jo xx

Mo B
14-05-12, 08:43
:welcome: Jayelle

As Jmsmrs has said these meds take a while to work but hopefully they will for you. It was about weeks 6-8 before my anxiety ws alleviated and I havent had a dosage increase from 50mg so could take a bit longer when upping your dose. Just keep your chin up and go along with any effects you may have and you will realise one day not too far away that you are improving slowly but surely. :) x

Joannatm
15-05-12, 08:55
hi Jo and everyone

it will work just takes time. i on 150 now and only been on a week and starting to feel better already. sought anxiety.but better.

how's everyone else? x

Jayelle
15-05-12, 09:35
Hi All,
Bad anxiety this morning. Had to take a clonazapam to calm me down. Feeling better tonight. Had an increase in meds. Now 150mg. Dr said it could increase my anxiety etc. I hope to be on the mend soon:) Thanks for your support. Jo

Joannatm
15-05-12, 14:23
i having wee tired down day but had few real good days. only been on 150 a week now! early days? x

Mo B
15-05-12, 15:53
Yes think its prob early days Jo but good you have had some good days. :)

I have had a bad day today feeling sorry for myself! I keep worrying about my minor op in 2 weeks. The trouble is I am in pain most of the time at the moment and its hard to cheer up. Somedays I feel optimistic and others the complete opposite. The sertraline has definately helped with the general anxiety and Im sleeping ok but not much good for the rational anxiety that most people would have. Just want to get the next few weeks over. Its my 60th bday on 26th May and we are going to stay in Lancaster for 2 nts to celebrate. Hoping the sert will not poop out before then ! Not too good with social occasions at the minute. I must try to wake up with a more positive outlook tomorrow :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok today. These blips are to be expected. Thats life I suppose!:shrug:

Mo xxxxxx

Joannatm
15-05-12, 16:33
i completely understand about your op and anxiety. but glad sleep better. hopefully when all settled you be back to norm.

i fed up tired but did have heavy weekend drinking so that may not help! x

Jayelle
17-05-12, 06:14
Hi all:)
Had a better day today! Just alittle anxiety. I usually have bad anxiety when I wake up, but this morning had hardly any anxiety which I found quite weird. I guess after having anxiety/depression for awhile its going to take awhile to get used to not being so anxious if that makes sense! I think the increase in my sert is making a big difference. I'm also having counselling, I find that its helping. I hope everyone is well and doin ok. Thanks for reading,
Jo:yesyes:

jimsmrs
17-05-12, 13:47
Hi everyone,

Jayelle that's completely normal, you almost look for the anxiety to see where it's hiding. glad you're doing so well.

hope you're well Mo, joan and Littlemadam

Joannatm
17-05-12, 20:53
What increase are you on now Jo? I'm 150 and hoping it kicks in fully soon. Been on just over a week.

How's everyone else today? Not heard from Mo or Little Madam for a while. How's you jimsmrs with your sertraline?

Jo x

Mo B
18-05-12, 09:01
Hi all

Im ok but worrying again!:ohmy: Mornings are the worst time but as the day goes on i usually can get into a better frame of mind. Doesnt help that im off work and at home on my own for most of the day. I do make myself go out and about and this helps. Hubby is really supportive but I try to hide most of it from him as I know hes worrying about me too! Off now to give myself a good talking to !!

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Things seem to be improving for you all at the moment.

Mo xx

Jayelle
18-05-12, 10:22
Hi All :),
I'm on 150mg of sertraline. Have been on this dose for 5 days now. Had intrusive thoughts today (yuk!) but managed to control them by distracting myself. Feel better now. I've gone back to work part-time and I'm having a few finacial problems, I think thats what made me anxious hence the intrusive thoughts. I know its early days for me (6 weeks on sert). I've always been an anxious person right from very young :weep: I've had severe anxiety episodes in the past and its always gone away by its self. This time I thought I would end up in a mental institution it was so bad. sorry to ramble on! Hope everyone is having more good days than bad. Take care
Jo x

Joannatm
19-05-12, 10:07
my you been through it Jo. i having intrusive thoughts. is it a side effect from going up 100 yo 150? also Bernard tearful and cant be bothered. friend said maybe i should just get used to bring like thus as it may never go away! i used to be such happy person x

jimsmrs
19-05-12, 13:16
Hi all

I'm feeling really good and NEWSFLASH past 4 days had proper poos!!!!!!!!:D

Joan the happy person is still in you, I don't think your friend is helping much by saying things like that. Please remember it all takes time

Mo sorry to hear you've had a little blip, my hubby is very supportive too, I ask him if he sees the improvement in me.

hope you're all having a good weekend

Joannatm
19-05-12, 15:15
so pleased jimsmrs you feeling great. and poor norm again. how long you Bernard on.them what strength?

have great weekend

x

Jayelle
21-05-12, 06:36
Hi All,
Have had 2 good days with only a little anxiety. Then wham the flu hits and now I'm feeling a little depressed and anxious. Is this normal? Jo your friend shouldn't say things like that to you. I'd tell her walk a mile in my shoes everyday and see how'd you feel!! I think the sert is finally starting work. heres hoping. Have had afew side effects since the increased dose. Take care and thanks for your support.
Jo x

Joannatm
21-05-12, 09:18
flu poor you. get better rest up.

i ok not great but ok. not seeing much difference from 100 to 150 really. only been two weeks well just under. still slight anxiety but no tears and very tired.

how's everyones weekend? x

Mo B
21-05-12, 09:37
Hi all

Had quite a good weekend. Had a bit of a shopping spree yesterday and think it cheered me up. We only went out for some curtains and came back with 3prs trousers and a blouse for me.No curtains. lol . Not felt like clothes shopping for a while so it was great to actually enjoy it! Feeling ok today no anx at moment . Long may it continue.

Great to hear about your normal poop jmsmrs ! I seem to be a bit better too in that dept.:) Also its good to hear your feeling great. I think I would be apart from my health worry. Thats life though !
Jayelle . Sorry you have flu. Hope you feel better soon. Its bound to knock you back a bit but this too will pass .:hugs:x
Jonatm . You are improving slowly but surely just give it a bit more time youll get there girl !x

Love to all . Onward and upward. XXX

jimsmrs
21-05-12, 13:26
hi all
Sorry to hear you're not well, that's normal to feel low especially with flu cos you start to make progress then a physical illness hits you, just stay positive.

Joan you keep going you don't need negative people in your life. i've been on them 12 weeks, 3 weeks at 50mg and the last 9 weeks at 100mg

Mo glad you got over your blip, I'd say I'm very, very nearly 100% going to the loo normally helps aswell.

Joannatm
21-05-12, 16:53
i been on for coming up to 12 weeks. you think i should stick to them . hoping it goes away soon. have negative thoughts x

miniminx
21-05-12, 22:51
flu poor you. get better rest up.

i ok not great but ok. not seeing much difference from 100 to 150 really. only been two weeks well just under. still slight anxiety but no tears and very tired.

how's everyones weekend? x

THATS EXACTLY SAME AS ME!!!:ohmy: Ive been on 50mg sertraline, for 2 weeks and was raised to 100mg and have been on 100mg 10 days and my anxiety has come back .felt it coming back 4 days ago.,.

clareek12
21-05-12, 22:54
setraline has been a huge help to me..i went through so many AD's but its only now i have found something that lets me get some sort of hold on my anxiety and depression.

It takes a bit longer to kick in..well it did for me

WORTH IT!! i was given diazapam 2mg to help me through the side effects..

stick it out!!

miniminx
21-05-12, 23:19
i intend too cos citalorpram made me tons worse!!!!

miniminx
22-05-12, 10:11
well i feel shocking today!! crying, tired, feel sick, fed up....
the only difference is, that although i wake with anxiety, my mind does flit around looking for things to be scared of, but i havent fixated on anything that has scared me if that makes sense to anyone.......none the less i feel awful.......surely this cant be side effects after 13 days of the higher dose???:weep:

joy
22-05-12, 10:17
if its any help I feel the same after a week of new meds

Joy

miniminx
22-05-12, 18:38
well today i received some unpleasant news.....this has consumed me all day.......and the anxiety went!!! everything i woke up feeling horrible with went!!! so as bad as my news was, it goes to show once the mind is occupied
it can forget the anxiety?
though no doubt tomorrow ill be wondering if its my meds again!

Joannatm
22-05-12, 22:13
really feel for found know exactly how you feel. think it meds big.time. stick with.it it will get.better.

i been.on tablets 12 weeks and starting to feel better. x

miniminx
23-05-12, 19:10
moved...........:

Mo B
24-05-12, 09:26
Glad to hear you are feeling better Jo. Keep up the good work!

Im doing ok at the moment. Weekend away from tomorrow to celebrate my 60th (still in denial):lac:. Bit anxious about it but determined to enjoy myself and not think of upcoming hospital thing. All family joining us on Sat so should be a nice get together. Weather is set for good (hopefully). Hope everyone else is feeling ok . have a good weekend

Mo x

miniminx
24-05-12, 13:28
my anxiety was hell yesterday .thinking i was going to have a break down etc ya know folks, all the usual fears...... went for my fortnightly visit to gp and hes increased me to 150mg of sertraline.
ive been on 50mg for 2 weeks, then 100mg for 2 weeks and now ive started 150mg today. AND IM SCARED!!!!
I thought i was going down hill four days ago due to side effects but, my gp says not side effects after 13 days but its because i need a higher dose., hence the increase today.
Has anyone got any good stories about increases?. ive had very few half decent days,and need some reassurance xxxx
ive got the shakes today.does anyone else get the shakes on sertraline?

Jayelle
24-05-12, 22:17
Hi All
Glad you are feeling better Jo :D The flu has really knocked me about. Anxiety back, intrusive thoughts etc. Feel like I'm back to square one :weep:.
Dr told me this can happen as I was already run down with the anxiety. Trying to look forward but it is hard. I'm going to stick with the sert as before the flu came I had 2 days anxiety free!! Miniminx I'm on 150mg of sert. It does take awhile to work. Everytime I had an increase I got the shakes and headaches. Hang in there. I do feel for you. I just want my life back. I tell myself better days are coming, and they will. Take care Jo x

Joannatm
27-05-12, 22:47
How you going Jo? Do hope anxiety better.

How's everyone else? X

Patrick Michael
28-05-12, 06:50
Hello,

I was switched from Cit 20mg to Sertraline 50mg about two months ago. Have been on Cit before + venlafaxine too - although that was a few years ago. Doctor said better results being fouind with sert. Sure enough - mood lifted significantly, although that was in part because I had sleeping meds too.

Had the flu a couple of weeks ago - and feel, now, like I am wading through mud. Don't want to do too much of anything - so become introspective and anxious. Anxiety is my issue - and sometimes its paralysing, and takesa a lot of energy to stir out of it.

Hoping this is a blip, and will pull out of it soon. Have a few days off work coming up and intend to make the most of it, as work has been quite warm and brown of late.

Good luck to us all.

Patrick

Mo B
28-05-12, 09:06
Hi all

:welcome:Patrick to this thread.
It takes about 6 weeks for Sertraline to really make a difference. It is a fairly slow acting drug but milder for side effects. As you have had flu this will have knocked you back a bit. It takes a few weeks to get over flu. trouble is its difficult to tell what is flu aftermath and what are side effects of Sert!. Hang on in there it will get better. Im now into my 4th month and feeling much better. With sertraline patience is the key unfortunately! but worth it in the end.

Hope everyone else is ok and Jayelles flu is on the wane.

Are you still ok Jmsmrs ? Joannatm. Hope you are still improving.

I had a good weekend celebrating my birthday with the family at a hotel in Lancaster. Managed to put my hospital fears away for most of the time. Not doing so bad today either. The Sertraline must be working! Tomorrow may be a different story!
:hugs:to all
Mo xxxx

Joannatm
28-05-12, 11:57
Hi Patrick. yep flu knocks ya big time the
ats what set me back last Jan horrible virus. stick with tablets they will slowly work.

Happy birthday mo. so pleased you had good time and feeling ok.

How's wavering else? No heard from few of you lately hoping this means you feeling better.

I had fab week last week. the odd day was 110%. Today yuk feel cap tearful. Bernard on sert150 for three weeks. started pmt today too. hoping just a blip.

X

Jayelle
29-05-12, 08:28
Hi All,
Patrick I'm slowly getting over the flu. I know exactly how you feel. 2 days before flu struck I had anxiety free days :). The flu bought anxiety, intrusive thoughts etc back!! I'm starting to feel better today.
Jo, Jmsmrs, Mo, I hope you are all well and the anxiety isnt too bad.
Take care, Jo x

jimsmrs
29-05-12, 16:18
Hi Everybody

Welcome to the thread all the newbies.
Joan chuffed to bits you're feeling good and Mo glad you had a fun time on you birthday break, Jo keep soldiering on, any news on Littlemadam???
Had my Colonoscopy this morning, nothing sinister found :D, Consultant thinks it's a combination of slight damage caused by the stomach virus I had last November and the sertraline, so he's taken biopsies.

But i feel great, no anxiety, depression nearly gone. so remember all you newbies, patience, patience, patience and POSITIVITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep going everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joannatm
29-05-12, 19:25
Glad things good with you jimsmrs. how long you been on them now?

Jo keep with them you will start to feel better soon.

I today and yesterday crap hoping it Pmt and not blip. x

blueshoes
29-05-12, 19:32
Hi everyone, new to the site and feel not alone anymore suffering anxiety and depression. I have been taking Citalopram on and off for 10 years and have had a major blip whilst on 20 mg couldnt tolerate 30 mg so swapping to Seroxat which I took about 15 years ago and worked for me, but because I feel so bad at the moment dont want to go out feel very depressed and anxious, just hit the menopause!!! I am frightened to start the switch over, can anyone else give me any advice, I would appreciate it so much

best wishes and love xxx

Mo B
30-05-12, 18:15
Had my op this morning and survived! GA quite nice feeling actually. worse thing was all the waiting about. Really sore now though so on painkillers. had 4 biopsies "down below" so stitches to contend with. Should be easier in a few days they said . Hope they are right.

Sert didnt let me down as although a bit anxious -no PA's which is great. I think I will feel as good as Jmsmrs when I have recovered. :)

Mo x

Joannatm
31-05-12, 07:18
Hi mo

so pleased it went ok and no pa. onwards and upwards. keep us informed.

How's everyone else doing? Don't hear much lately hoping this means everyone is ok x