PDA

View Full Version : It felt so weird :O

Beyonderz
06-03-12, 19:41
I was sitting and reading a comic book on the internet, then I suddenly felt a passing out type of feeling. It was like I lost connection with my brain for a half second. It was so quick that I couldn't even get anxious about it. It felt like those times when one feels so sleepy and starts nodding. But that even takes longer time. And I'm not feeling sleepy or anything.

Anyone experienced such feeling before? It was so strange really.

pablo22
06-03-12, 19:43
yessss all the time.. complete derealization .. its completely normal and not a day goes by when it doesnt happen to me.. :)

Beyonderz
06-03-12, 19:46
So it's a part of panic/anxiety...

Well, strange, because I'm experiencing panic issues like for almost 4 years and I never had derealization before.

Oookaayy, it's time to restart my medication againnn, la la la la :))

Edit: Actually, knowing it is one of the panic symptoms is quite reassuring. Thanks Pablo.

bignik
06-03-12, 19:59
yes anxiety and one of its evil tricks , Ive had when out walking etc , just like a trance dreamlike state , usually when I have flashbacks :( , not a good feeling and can be scary

Beyonderz
06-03-12, 20:16
Yeah I understand really. It felt scary.
But the thing I had was like a blank second, like whole connection with body and brain was cut for that one second (less than one second). Then it came back.

I have this dreamy feeling, or sometimes like living in another reality and I know it's a part of anxiety disorder. But that one was totally a new thing for me.

pablo22
06-03-12, 20:30
i get more derealization is im really tired! maybe u need more sleep?

Beyonderz
06-03-12, 20:47
Yes you may be right. I always have issues with sleep, this way or that way.
I don't remember a night with a full, one piece sleep without waking up.

I am lately guessing the reason to many of my anxiety related troubles is actually "thinking" a lot. But these are usually imagining things (as I must in many cases, because I am an artist) or thoughts related to future or past - of course concerns mostly about future.

I really want to learn how to keep mind at ease and focus on the present time thoughts. I am making a sort of research about it (NO, I am not reading symptoms in google) and I really would love to share them here, if I manage to find something useful about directing mind to better thoughts.

xfilme
06-03-12, 22:47
Yes, Ive had exactly that sensation. I believe thats just how I described it in one of my old posts. Maybe from a differnt cause, obviously. With me it was down to an inner ear infection. Labyrinthitis. Maybe it was just something simple like ear pressure, water in your ear from showering or something, or a spasm in your ear that made it come on like that. I shouldnt worry about it if it doesnt happen again. If it does, maybe get a doc to check your dont have an mild ear infection. They can make you feel like youre nodding off to sleep momentarily without feeling tired.