PDA

View Full Version : New panic

kellylou89
06-03-12, 19:45
My major set of with my HA is my eyes! One of my greatest fears is going blind and never been able to see my loved ones etc again!.
I have a few eye symptoms inc
Floaters
Shimmering vision when looking at certain things
Dry eye
I have recently been focusing on visual snow and i notice it so much more than i did before! =( i keep thinking its going to get so banil be unable to see!! :(
Untill Last week i was concentrating on my shimmering vision 24/7.
Can visual snow be kicked of by anxiety??
I have my eyes teasted every 6months and wear glasses for short sightedness but as of yet i get told my eyes are healthy but keep thinking somethings been missed =(

Greenman50
07-03-12, 00:00
Hi Kelly

Your on a health and anxiety forum , posting about something that has been regulary checked out and given the all clear .....

The more you focus on something the more your mind gets set on it and the worse symtoms get .

I,m sure most on here inc me have done the same :D

Your fine .

carefree68
07-03-12, 00:08
Floaters
Shimmering vision when looking at certain things
Dry eye
I have recently been focusing on visual snow and i notice it so much more than i did before! =( i keep thinking its going to get so banil be unable to see!! :(
Untill Last week i was concentrating on my shimmering vision 24/7.
Can visual snow be kicked of by anxiety??=(

Have all of these eye symptoms, and have been told the same although early stages of cataracts at 43.

Im sure it is just anxiety but because its your eyes you focus on them, constantly checking.

Out of interest, Do you have moments when you don't notice your eye problems?

kellylou89
07-03-12, 12:06
Thanks for your replys

Have all of these eye symptoms, and have been told the same although early stages of cataracts at 43.

Im sure it is just anxiety but because its your eyes you focus on them, constantly checking.

Out of interest, Do you have moments when you don't notice your eye problems?

Yeah, for example yesterday i was at the park for a few hours walking my dogs and i didnt notice them, if i keep myself busy i 98% of the time wont notice them, if im not doing anything i find myself looking for things or picking up on things and concentrating on them :S

Worriedgirl87
08-03-12, 08:11
I have this exact same
Symtom!!!!!!!!!!!! The shimmering thing on my eye it's scary I don't see
It all the time
Thouhh

Conorm
09-03-12, 13:09
Got exactly the same had it for years didnt notice it till anxiety, they made my tinnitus and visual snow shimmerin tiny dots all the time ERGGHH harmless though is all anxiety even told that from my eye test a few months ago