PDA

View Full Version : Not again!

MissSunshine
06-03-12, 21:47
Hey all.
I just got a kitten that has worms and now I think i have worms. Is it possible i could of caught it from him? he is being treated for it as we took him to the vets

i had warms last year and know the feeling... im just panicking because im worried that getting worms from a cat is serious?

x

Mountainclimber
06-03-12, 22:06
Humans dont get worms, we get snakes.Only joking, im sure your be fine, and dont panic, :yesyes: STAY POSITIVE

swgrl09
06-03-12, 22:07
Nah, don't worry about it. When we got a puppy it had worms. She was treated and all was fine. It is common when they are in shelters prior to being adopted.

haz
06-03-12, 22:41
It is very common for kittens to be born with worms. I used to work in a vet hospital and a cattery and I've never caught worms from a cat. I've also got two cats of my own and they had worms when they were born. It's easily treated in cats.

Haz:)

MissSunshine
06-03-12, 23:01
Thanks for your comments :)
The problem is I think I've caught worms from her. And im scared it's dangerous :(

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Oh and snakes! Lol trying to stay positive ! :)

haz
06-03-12, 23:55
Best to get checked out by your GP then. :)

MissSunshine
07-03-12, 12:22
Thanks, I will talk to gp this week, just till then I'm a bit worried!

Carys
07-03-12, 12:39
Yes, you can catch worms from pets, puppies and kittens nearly always have worms when they are tiny. Of course getting worms (I don't know what type your kitten is being treated for out of the various sorts) isn't healthy for you, but it is also something that can easily be treated. Given your level of concern about hygiene (from reading and replying on your previous posts LOL) it is unlikely, I think there would have had to have been a major lapse in your 'contamination' OCD :winks:. Roundworm are the most common type to transmit to humans, but you would have had to have eaten some of the eggs. Children most commonly get infected with roundworm due to the fact they are not as hygiene conscious as adults and tend to ferret around in things and put their hands in their mouths.

Saying that, if you have had them before then you will know some of the symptoms - I'm not going to write them here - but you should see your GP forthwith and get the necessary medication to eradicate them.