PDA

View Full Version : Constipation?

phil06
06-03-12, 22:52
For a year I had loose stools but now I get loose stools but then sometimes days of constipation now. So my bowels have changed does this happen with IBS?

suzy-sue
06-03-12, 23:17
Hi Phil Yes it can ..Make sure you drink plenty of water based drinks .as constipation can be caused by lack of water too ..Try some Buscopan and im sure it will settle down in a couple of days ...T/cSue

macc noodle
07-03-12, 00:01
For a year I had loose stools but now I get loose stools but then sometimes days of constipation now. So my bowels have changed does this happen with IBS?

Yes Phil, it does .... Classic IBS

phil06
07-03-12, 10:10
My concern is any change in bowel movement worried about illnesses but also if you don't go then that can't be good either. Like before I'd go 5 times a day with bad anxiety but it's slowed down alot over the past six months. I get days where I have to go two/three times a day but days now where I'm constipated and very little over the next two days.

I'm basically just getting anxious over the patterns.

debs180
07-03-12, 11:43
Pattern changes are common with IBS...i am mainly constipated with my IBS, but i can have a week where i alternate, loose stools for a couple of days, constipated for a day, loose again for 3 days etc etc etc....this happens for a few weeks then im back to being constipated for a few months. I have sort of come to terms with the way my patterns are now, but at 1st i was super anxious with it all, numerous GP trips, but i was told over and over it was common in some people to alternate.
So maybe a trip to your GP would ease your mind? And give you some advice on things that would help etc.

Take care
Debs x

Greenman50
07-03-12, 19:15
My concern is any change in bowel movement worried about illnesses but also if you don't go then that can't be good either. Like before I'd go 5 times a day with bad anxiety but it's slowed down alot over the past six months. I get days where I have to go two/three times a day but days now where I'm constipated and very little over the next two days.

I'm basically just getting anxious over the patterns.

Same as me Phil .

After 20 years i know i have no regular pattern at all , i can shit through the eye of a needle for weeks , then chronic constipation and everything inbetween in sucks

haz
07-03-12, 22:51
I never thought this was possible but I can have constipation and diarrohea at the same visit to the toilet! Starts off with the former and ends with the latter! :shrug:

PinkRoxy
08-03-12, 04:00
Yes. For the last five years I actually knew well thought I had IBS constipation related but now in the last few months I have been getting a bad spout of diahrroea and loosish stools and frequency so it has changed for me.

I can still be constipated some days and diahrroea other days. So now I am not so sure what type of IBS I have lol.

Greenman50
08-03-12, 23:58
I never thought this was possible but I can have constipation and diarrohea at the same visit to the toilet! Starts off with the former and ends with the latter! :shrug:

Been there done that ..lol..

I,m cringing as i type this (no i,m not i don,t care :roflmao:).....the first bit is rock hard and hursts and the rest is a mushy relief :blush:

Sorry , sorry TMI ..:blush::blush:

haz
09-03-12, 00:01
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Been there done that ..lol..

I,m cringing as i type this (no i,m not i don,t care :roflmao:).....the first bit is rock hard and hursts and the rest is a mushy relief :blush:

Sorry , sorry TMI ..:blush::blush:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

macc noodle
09-03-12, 00:04
I think that maybe the Govt ads for Bowel Cancer are causing this upsurge in our anxiety about bowel changes - I have been feast or famine in that department for years - so no change there then :D