PDA

View Full Version : speech please reply

sherylee xx
06-03-12, 23:17
hey guys posted the other day about it but only oner person replyed so postin again, i keep kinda slurrin my speech and gettin my words muddled up im so worried about a brain tumor as i do get alot of headaches and randon pains and wierd sensations in my head now with the sppech problem im worrin as i dont think anxiety can cause that :( xx

macc noodle
06-03-12, 23:40
Yes you keep posting about headaches and now slurring etc - the best thing is to see yr doc tbh.

It is time u got medical help.

Keep asking us will not solve it - we are not qualified to do so.

sherylee xx
06-03-12, 23:46
yeah i know i have seen several doctors and all just tell me to take valium anti ds etc i just wanted to know if anyone else on here has had the speech slurrin as i have never read its a symptom of anxiety :( xx

nomorepanic
07-03-12, 00:05
Search on here for speech:

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

It says:

Difficulty talking, pronouncing certain letters or sounds, mouth feels like it isn't moving right, slurred speech

macc noodle
07-03-12, 00:05
Sometimes you think u r slurring yr words when anx but you are not really - u just think u r xx

sherylee xx
07-03-12, 09:28
thanks hun xx

nah my bf has noticed it too so its not me imagenin it xx

crystal17
07-03-12, 09:34
Hi Sherylee, when did you last see a dr about all your symptoms? Iw ould go back and write down everything that you've been getting and show them and they should refer you for some tests or at least do blood tests. Hope you're ok :hugs:

leebee37
07-03-12, 10:03
I sometimes feel like I'm not getting my words out right when I'm anxious... I'm a speech therapist so I guess it's something I'm pretty aware of :) ... but anxiety can definitely effect speech!

debs180
07-03-12, 12:14
Hiya,
i suffer with bad headaches, pressure in my head, vision problems and dizziness, been told its all anxiety and basic tests have always been fine, i can completely relate to the way you feel, and how hard it is to believe anxiety can do al this, so honestly hun you are not alone. The speech thing is something i experianced awhile ago, i kept mixing my words, everything seemed to come out bak to front, my partner and even my eldest kids thought it was funny, but to me it was another sign of a brain tumour, when it started to feel like i was slurring i went to the GP and had some tests and was told that it was anxiety (again). So what i am trying to say is yes, anxiety really can do everything you think it cant, its a vicious circle hun...hard to break!
Please feel free to PM me anytime, i really do understand what your going through at the moment.

Take care
Debs x

Carys
07-03-12, 12:49
I'm with Macc Noodle on this one, if somebody else has noticed it (your bf) then time to go back and get checked again at the docs. We honestly can't give you an answer to medical questions, it would be dangerous of us to do so...however, suffice to say I have had what I percieved to be speech problems in the past, like you are talking about (excuse the pun). Also, remember, the mind is a very power thing and if you 'think' you are having trouble with slurring and saying words, then you can actually make that happen with constant focus on it.

Katie*
07-03-12, 12:50
It's probably anxiety, but I would still see my doctor. BTW, I have speech problems too. Not slurring, but mixing up words. It makes other people laugh, and of course sends me into a panic, thinking I suffer from something horrible. All part of the anxiety. Anxiety can do all kinds of weird things you would never dream of. My problem with speech is almost gone. I hope you feel better soon!

sherylee xx
07-03-12, 15:33
crystel17 thanks hun :) no i havent been for awhile as im tryin to help myself and seein my gp all the time isnt helpin but i think i will pop in to see him i dont slur or mix my words up often but iv deffo noticed it so of course because my anxiety is about my head its quite frightenin :( xx

leebee37 thanks hun just knowin other people have had this helps comfort me :) xx

debs180 aww thamkyou hun i really appreciate it thANKYOU AND SAME GOES TO YOU :) THANKYOU FOR YOUR REASURENCE LIKE I SAID ABOVE JUST KNOWIN OTHER PEOPLE HAVE HAD THIS HELPS REASURE ME SO THANKYOU :) ITS SO NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ABOUT THE WHOLE HEAD ANXIETY AND EXPERIENCED THE SAME SORT OF THINGS AS ME XX

CARYS thanks for your reply :) i fully understand none of you can give me a 100% accurate answer to my symptoms and my posts are not intentded for anyone on here to tell me what im experiencin is due to anxiety or infact a medical problem i post and ask these things to see if im alone with my symptoms or not and if anyone has the same symptoms as me as it helps reasure me :) i know only a doctor can tell me whats goin on but find it helpfull postin here about my symptoms and askin fellow ha sufferers their opinion which i kn ow is just that an opinion not a diagnosis :) and yeah deffo thats why its so hard to distinguish what is infact ha or real :( xx

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

katie* thanks hun :) yeah i will try see him tomorrow im just tryin my best to stay away and help myself but i will go tom oz just to get hes opinion :) xx

Worriedgirl87
08-03-12, 08:10
Hi there I slur my speech a lot and i didint have a brain t
So I doubt you have one either