PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness?

xxlisaxx08
07-03-12, 03:18
Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this :)

Ever since I first started having anxiety 8 years ago, I've been plagued with a constant dizziness/light-headed/ unsteady/unbalanced feeling. For me, It's one of my worst anxiety symptoms and makes day to day living unbearable at times. I often think the room is going to start spinning but it very rarely does. For years I've tried to get answers to this from doctors & psychologists but they give me the standard 'arousal response' and tell me that it's caused by my breathing. I know it's not caused by my breathing but was wondering if it could be caused by tension instead? I'm pretty much tense all the time. The fact my body constantly aches is a major sign of my tension problems.

Any help, info or experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa x

Tommya77
07-03-12, 03:49
It is tension for sure. I suffer from the same thing. I can feel myself getting tight for no reason at all. I know this won't help much this minute, but do what you can to get ahold of a Claire Weekes book or cd. I have been reading and listing to her, and she makes so much sense. It is a fact that anxiety is adrenal based, and she really explains how to work with it. Right now as I type, my chest is a little tight, and my left arm is tingling, but I know it is anxiety.

We just got to face it, trace it, and erase it.

hope this helps,

Tommy

xxlisaxx08
07-03-12, 04:47
Thanks for your response. I actually have self help for your nerves by claire weekes but I haven't read it in years. I'm usually to anxious to concentrate or when I'm not too anxious it's not really a concern. I also have a claire weekes download on my iPod, not sure if it's the one you're talking about. Will give them a go and see how I get on.

Jamesk
07-03-12, 08:39
I get this, a feeling of giddyness/dizziness/unbalnce/general strange feelings in the head.

It is definately not my breathing as I don;t over breathe or hyperventialte at all.

xxlisaxx08
07-03-12, 23:00
Yeah I don't hyperventilate or have problems with breathing either which is why I'm assuming it's tension causing it. It's a horrible feeling though