PDA

View Full Version : Bad sleep

Lucyg
07-03-12, 07:24
Had another awful nights sleep always wake up with heart thumping. Started a new job over a week ago, worried I won't be able to do it, will they like me. How do others cope with waking in the night?
So anxious this morning wish I could just stay in bed.

xxlisaxx08
07-03-12, 07:41
You could try kalms. The don't do much for my anxiety but I do find that I don't wake during the night when I take them. You could try Relaxation before bed or progressive muscle Relaxation & do it again if you wake during the night. Don't check the time if you wake in the night it just makes you more anxious cause you know you need to sleep to get up in the morning. I'm sure your anxiety will die down a little once you settle into the new job x

07-03-12, 12:00
healthy diet can help wonders

nomorepanic
07-03-12, 12:54
Try this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49569

Ingenious
07-03-12, 17:46
How do others cope with waking in the night?

Try not to be too hard on yourself, I know that is easy to say and harder to put into practice. When I've woken up due to stress I usually leave the light on and do anything else to make me comfortable, but above all try and be relaxed about it. I've woken up, not to worry, I'm stressed at the moment and that's only natural. Then look at your sleep overall for example the link posted above has some excellent advice :D

Remember too you won't always feel like this about your new job, I am sure you will settle in within a few weeks. Everyone is nervous when they start something new.

Lucyg
07-03-12, 18:22
Thank you so much for all your lovely replys, I have only been on this site for a week and it has given me so much comfort to know other people suffer anxiety and I am not alone.
I am going to give some of the ideas from the link a try! :D