PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get this with anxiety? Unbalance e.t.c

AngelHeart
07-03-12, 08:20
I'm getting some balance issues lately and although I've had labyrinthitis since last Oct which causes unbalance, I'm now wondering if it could be related to anxiety now too, all the other symptoms of labs has gone but unfortunalty I've developed GAD/panic attacks and depression as a result of it and I get some very anxious days and really don't look forward to anything anymore. Just wondered if the following symptoms are shard by anyone who has anxiety?

Throughtout the day I get epsiodes where I feel like the floor is coming up towards me, like the floors shifting if that makes sense. It only lasts for a second but it really unnerves me and sends my panic soaring. Its like an unbalanced lighthededness feeling, its the only way I can describe it.

I'm trying so hard to fight this and it can be hard at times but I havent given up doing anything, I still work 4 evenings, go the gym, walk, visit friends and look after my 3 children. But this is really getting me down now.

Thanks for your help xxx

xxlisaxx08
07-03-12, 08:23
Yeah I get this too. I hate it. I'm pretty sure for me it's a combination of tensing my body all the time and being over sensitive and having heightened awareness of every feeling and sensation I have

LAURA48
07-03-12, 08:24
Hi Pauline - it is horrible - my mum has it and has had every test under the sun (private too) ripped off!

She is on Stemetil and Arlevert - years ago she had Menieres Disease and it resurfaced again 2 years ago - it does affect your nerves - what meds are you on.

Like you she makes an effort to be "normal" but it is hard - and there doesn't seem to be much support out there.

Hope you'll feel better soon - Laura x

AngelHeart
07-03-12, 09:10
Yeah I get this too. I hate it. I'm pretty sure for me it's a combination of tensing my body all the time and being over sensitive and having heightened awareness of every feeling and sensation I have

Just noticed your other post. Its awful isnt it as I think it feeds the anxiety and leaves you in a vicious circle. I dont get it when I go the gym though !! This is the only thing I have which worries me now !

Thank you x

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Hi Pauline - it is horrible - my mum has it and has had every test under the sun (private too) ripped off!

She is on Stemetil and Arlevert - years ago she had Menieres Disease and it resurfaced again 2 years ago - it does affect your nerves - what meds are you on.

Like you she makes an effort to be "normal" but it is hard - and there doesn't seem to be much support out there.

Hope you'll feel better soon - Laura x

I was given Stemetil at first but it did nothing for the unbalance/dizzyness but helped my anxiety so I take it when my anxiety flares up. I've been awful since having labs as its a horrible thing just not sure now wether its anxiety causing the unbalance now and not the labs, its hard to know the difference. Thanks for your reply xx

LAURA48
07-03-12, 09:26
Hi Pauline

I think it is a combination tbh - horrible though -

07-03-12, 11:59
i get that too

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

i have bad balance full stop

AngelHeart
07-03-12, 14:48
Thank you, I believe its quite commen in people suffering anxiety and depression, been reading through past posts xx