PDA

View Full Version : Going for cbt

jade1978
07-03-12, 10:32
I think this may really be my only next option. Since having my mri results I still don't feel right. Infact I feel worse than ever, I have been so panicky over the last couple of mornings and keep going over and over the conversation I had with the doc and keep questioning it and getting obsessed that he isn't telling me something. My doctor won't give me any meds apart from the amitriptyline I was put on for tension headaches.

I can hardly feel my hands this morning they are that tingly and prickly. My heart is beating really fast and my legs feel wobbly and achy. :weep: So had enough of feeling like this. Just want a magic cure. So anyway Ive made a call and I'm just waiting for someone to get back to me, my first appointment should be within 10 days.

potato11
07-03-12, 12:26
Jade

absolutely go for CBT if you haven't yet

It's the top treatment choice for anxiety recommended in NHS NICE guidelines

Whilst you're waiting for face2face cbt, check out this online programme in the mean time

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696

Everything you mentioned is classic of anxiety, and you will come to see that for yourself doing CBT

It helped me amazingly and I'm going from strength to strength despite thinking I was doomed forever on numerous occasions

i'm here if you have any questions :)