PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice

CameronG
07-03-12, 11:04
Hi guys, not sure if this is relevant to this section, a different one, or all areas....

Basically, someone i know who works for a very reputable company was on a training day & given some advice which ive tried to apply to myself to train me to realise there's nothing wrong with me...

The said trainer was on about things that people dont like doing, i.e ironing, cleaning etc - he said you have to do it so you might aswell enjoy it & be happy doing it...

i might be the only one who finds that relevant to my recovery, but if you think of it in other terms, it could possiby help you too...

For example you may not like going shopping, you have to go shopping tho, you might aswell try forget your worries & enjoy doing it - if you try to apply this to all walks of life, no matter what your anxiety worries may be, it could possibly help...

i have a few stupid anxieties which i am applying this motto too and it seems to slightly help...

hope this makes sense.

Cam xx

paula lynne
07-03-12, 11:13
I agree Cam x
There are lots of boring, mundane things in life that cant be avoided. So, you can either be miserable and do them, or choose to be happy and do them.......

Its a choice. And today, I choose to be happy while doing the housework/cooking/washing....and be grateful that I have a nice home, food on the table, and a toilet that flushes.....hahaha. :D

I think I read somewhere, that your brain cant tell the difference between a fake and real smile.....the same feel good chemicals are released.......so even if you dont feel like it, fake it......and enjoy the feel good factor!

I enjoyed your post! :yesyes:
Paula x

crystal17
07-03-12, 11:14
I've enjoyed reading this too, it makes alot of sense :)

jade1978
07-03-12, 11:21
Off to put on my fake smile and change a very smelly nappy :D

Mountainclimber
07-03-12, 11:49
Thats the way to beat it, get out there and enjoy life, thoughts cannot harm you,
stay positive, be positive, and act positive and the demon will go. :yesyes:

CameronG
07-03-12, 11:53
Glad yous appreciate it, it makes sense! have a good day guys!

Cam xx