PDA

View Full Version : side effects

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 11:53
I am on sertraline and I would like to know did anyone get sickness missed heart beats and high anxiety after 5 days of starting them and also after 5 days of upping their dose.

I am not too good today so sick and really panicy. I upped my dose to 100 on sat which was 5 days ago.

I have had bad mornings but this morning and last thursday have been worse. and they were 5 days starting and 5 days of upping them.

Cathy xx

vetran32
07-03-12, 12:22
Sorry you havent felt to good give it a couple more days or go back and speak to your doctor if not happy i tried citalopram once and it made me feel awfull so had to stop.These might just be start up affects so dont lose hope talk to doctor if your worried hope you feel better soon :bighug1:

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 12:41
Thanks Vetran but I really want these to work for me as I have tried cit they did work but I stupidly stopped them after 6 months I did go back on them but couldnt stand the side effects. and the prozac was horendous so I need these to work for me. As you said it could be the start up effects .

Cathy xx

ems73
07-03-12, 16:39
Me too Cathy, still having anxiety, not sure if it's the Sertraline or just me. Not sure what to do for the best now. Sertraline kind of feels like my last hope.

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 16:51
Yes I think it is me to who is doing it to myself. So just keeping at them.

Cathy xx

alfredo1
07-03-12, 17:31
Hi Cathy I did get heart flutter/missed beats last week for a few days. My appeitite totally went and i did feel nauseaus too. Im on week 2 of 100mg

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 17:33
did you? are you on sertraline? that makes me feel a bit better. as not a good day for me today.

Cathy xx

alfredo1
07-03-12, 18:04
Yes i'm on sert. Im on week 2 of 100mg. Started off on 50mg for 2 weeks then upped it. Yes, i got missed heart beats etc. Its quite normal! I feel very paniky today too. Its just a waiting game really isn't it!

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 18:10
Yes me to panicy not good at all and it is a waiting game alrihgt. we just gota take each day and try and stay calm. :)

Cathy xx

I want to start living again my family get worried about me I feel for my kids well they not kids my son is 30 and one daughter is 27 and the other daughter is 23 but they miss their happy go lucky mum.

Cathy xx

LAURA48
07-03-12, 18:13
Hi Cathy - on day 5 - cannot say I have had missed heart beats but have had a churning stomach today and alot of dyspepsia (hearburn)? Nausea feeling has gone now - but have felt spaced out - still on 50mg but we have to be patient (not half as bad as prozac side effects}!

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 18:18
Yes me to I havnt eaten much too day. As I said day 5 was when I had a awfull day that was last sat then I upped my dose and today is day 5 of upping and I feel awful today.

Cathy xx

LAURA48
07-03-12, 18:22
Hi Cathy - think you just have to put up with it - easier said than none! These side effects will pass (cannot be any worse than bloody Prozac)! Keep your chin up we'll get there:hugs:

bonanne
07-03-12, 18:44
I am the same - this is my third week now - two on 100 - wake up in a panicky sweat still - full of anxiety. Felt sick for ages and upset stomach in the night but that has stopped - still always good to loose a few pounds! Seriously - still don't feel good - would love to know when they actually do work but no answers

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 18:46
I am sure we will :D

And a big :hugs:for you from me:yesyes:

Cathy xx

LAURA48
07-03-12, 18:50
Look - they are bound to work - we are just impatient - there are a few of on here on Sert so it's just a waiting game - could take weeks!

bonanne
07-03-12, 18:52
Thats very true - no one on here has said they work straight away - so it can't be just us. So hard not to be impatient when feeling so so so bad.

I am sorry you are both feeling this way too but glad we are not alone xxxx

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 18:53
Mr W is on them and he has had no symptoms today as he been busy I think that helps.

Cathy xx

LAURA48
07-03-12, 18:55
That's true - but at least we can compare notes!

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 18:57
I know lol. just going to watch emerdale now try and get out of myself lol.

Cathy xx

bonanne
08-03-12, 06:40
Guess what - first night slept through and woke up not as panicky...... please let this be it!

ems73
08-03-12, 10:25
Bonanne, that's so great, it gives me hope, I hope you continue to feel better, keep us updated.:)