PDA

View Full Version : Do you sleep more?

miss sleepy
07-03-12, 14:36
I'm on week 7 now and I'm not sure I feel the benefit of this stuff. Anxiety has gone but I feel like a zombie most of the time.
I take the cut before bed as in the morning I was suffering from nausea but now I seem to need to sleep even more at night. I like my sleep anyway (9hrs) but now I don't feel remotely energised unless I've had 12 hours. Has anyone else found this? If I take it in the morning again will I sleep less or be tired in the daytime? I have no idea :( I can't find 12 hours a night forever

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

22 views and no replies :(

Lost_L
07-03-12, 18:07
Hi Miss Sleepy...Yes!!
I'm pleased you asked this as when I read things on here people tend to be complaining about not being able to sleep but I sleep sooo much! It makes me feel so lazy! I used to sleep anywhere between 5 and 8 hours and now I struggle to get up after 10 hours! I take my tablet on a morning and don't feel particularly tired during the day, it's just getting out of bed the next morning! I've been taking cit nearly four weeks and was hoping that it would wear off at some point!

Ingenious
07-03-12, 21:58
Yes I remember sleeping a lot when on Citalopram, this did even out over time (as in, several months) - you're only 7 weeks in, it can take a couple of months to settle on these.

If after a longer period of time you just don't feel right then speak to your GP. I didn't get on with Citalopram personally and changed after six months. But I know many people who, after the initial period, got on fine. Hang in there a bit longer.

22 views and no replies :(

That could be 22 people who can't help you and so they didn't post - you need to give people a few days to catch up with posts. And that number might include search engine views too - they certainly won't post :)

miss sleepy
07-03-12, 23:11
Thanks chaps, it's good to hear. Although based on the sleep I need I should have gone to bed four hours ago! Weird thing is, I
Don't feel tired in the evening yet have no trouble getting to sleep

fell_on_black_days
07-03-12, 23:53
I get the sleep thing. it's disrupted my life a little bit because I know easily oversleep if I'm not careful.

morning_blues
08-03-12, 18:11
Hi misssleepy, sorry you are feeling like a zombie - that doesn't sound good and it might be that citalopram isn't the one for you, but do give it a chance to work properly. I was the opposite - for the first couple of months I was awake at 5-6 every morning. I would say I didn't really start to feel well until at least week 8, and I am still improving, despite the occassional blip.
Good luck and I hope you feel better, but don't be afraid to ask your docs if you feel it isn't working for you.
xx